main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Movie and Television Character Draft 2: Census and Games' Bogus Journey [Shadow_of_Durron wins!]

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by DarthIntegral, Apr 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Meh. A few quick words, I guess. Although I ain't too concerned here, since, looking at what's left, both of my remaining characters are going to take their matches, giving me the 5 wins. Not too sure I've gone into much of any serious detail on Trent yet, either, but I really don't feel like sifting through all the videos right now.

Anyways, Trent destroys both Marcus and the 1000 in speed. Marcus is very strong, but probably not as strong as Trent, and definitely not if he powers up. And Trent's taken much worse than any slicings and/or stabbings the 1000 is likely to dish out. Skill goes to Trent, and the trump has nothing in the way of long range attacks... aside from the T-1000's 9mm, but... yeah, whatever. Trent does have his energy arrows, though.

Plus Trent's a proven trump buster. When he was all evil-ish, he busted the crap out of the other rangers, while they were two, three or even all four strong.

And here's another fun tidbit: That episode I showed way back, where Conner first gets his Triassic power, something kinda interesting happens. The red, blue and yellow rangers were facing off against a team of baddies. There was this one cyborg guy, called Zeltrax (dunno the spelling, but who cares), who gives the rangers fits throughout the whole series. There was the monster of the week (forget its name), who would utterly dismantle the three rangers later on in the episode, even when they all went into super dino mode, before finally being beaten by the Triassic powers. And then there was the evil white ranger clone, which was created after Trent became good again. And that clone was supposedly the exact equal of Trent, combat-wise.

Anyways, the monster of the week and the evil clone decided to sit that battle out and just watch as Zeltrax faced all three rangers. And in this episode, Zeltrax was kinda kicking their asses pretty badly. And so they were really at his mercy, while these two other baddies were just watching and laughing and whatever. Then, Trent shows up to save the day. the red, blue and yellow rangers are all pretty much out of it at this point, so it's just Trent staring these three baddies down. And what happens then? Well, all three of them retreat. It's just Trent and the three rangers behind him that are trying to recover from having their ass handed to them. So yeah, the dude that just handed those rangers their asses... retreats. The monster who will, shortly after this, also hand those same three rangers their asses again... retreats. And Trent's "equal"... retreats. Just because Trent showed up. That's how good this guy is. Like, if Conner couldn't power up past Super Dino mode, Trent would own him.

Just one example there, anyways. There's a whole mess of others.

So I guess the only real question is how Trent's supposed to put the Mr. Liquid down for good. Kinda tough, but if he powers up, I think he's got the answer. How's this? The entire battle starts at about 1:50, but Trent's (and Cam's) part doesn't start until it hits 5 minutes. So... yeah, those giant lightsabers ought to do it, methinks. T-1000's been shown to start malfunctioning and crap after taking extreme damage, still able to reform or no. So while he may be able to reform after one of those shots (provided it doesn't vaporize a huge chunk of him), he won't be the same. And another one would probably keep him down. And in addition to the "giant sabers" attack as seen there, he's got something that's more like a "lightwhip" attack. Same thing, really, just... whips. *shrug* Don't feel like looking for that one, though.

Eh... said more than I wanted to, actually. Whatever. Trent should definitely bust them, but I suppose I don't much care either way.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, that's right. Now I remember. All that overratedness of the T-1000. :D So actually, there damn well better not be any votes for that chumpstain, and I hope it STINGS ever so godawfully that that pathetic machine gets utterly dismantled, wh

2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    LIAR!

anyways, your guy wins that match. But he still sucks.

<h1>Semifinals!</h1>

(1) Captain Tenneal and the Dream Warriors (4) vs. (4)The Rainbow Moon Pink Sugar Heart Aches (2)
    (3) Villainous Maximus (4) vs.(2) Mathematics of Wonton Burrito Meals (2)

ATE

Willow Rosenberg (Buffy) (Prepared) vs. T-1000 (Terminator Series) (forfeit)
    Jason Voorhees (Friday the 13th) vs.Peter Petrelli (Heroes)

3. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Didn't the T-1000 just get his liquidy ass busted in a trump? Not that I'd mind seeing him get obliterated again. ;)

4. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
  5. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Peter wins.

Will the last match make BaSSiL fight another team battle?

6. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    I imagine this would be a long fight, but I think Peter has more going for him. They both have the strength and the regen, but Peter also has the flight, and the TK, and the invisibility. I'd vote for him, even though Jason probably outclasses him in strength.

7. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    That makes three of us in a row who agree that Peter wins the bout.

<h1>Semifinals!</h1>

(1) Captain Tenneal and the Dream Warriors (5) vs. (4)The Rainbow Moon Pink Sugar Heart Aches (2)
    (3) Villainous Maximus (4) vs.(2) Mathematics of Wonton Burrito Meals (3)

Deuce

Mothra vs. Gabriel Yu-Law (The One)
    Lestat (Interview/Queen of the Damned) vs.Tommy Oliver (Power Rangers Dino Thunder) (Prepared)

8. Tifa

Tifa Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2006
    Oh well, poor Gabriel. :p

Good luck in the final round Durron :)

9. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    But who will he be up against in the final round? I honestly don't know the result of that other match since it involves one of those guys.

[face_thinking]

10. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Nothing from BaSSiL?

Still, going from what Despised put on Lestat earlier, Lestat can make this close. But I think the friggin Power Ranger probably has enough in his arsenal, with prep time, to win it. Probably start with an advantage that Lestat will be hard pressed to get back. Or something like that.

Not too familiar with either one to be honest, but both have had stuff laid out there for their guys during the draft, and I think Tommy's stuff is juts a bit more impressive.

11. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    I like Tommy's mental blocks and invisibility here. Plus I think he's more powerful offensively.

12. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    I vote for Zizz.

13. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    <h1>Semifinals!</h1>

(1) Captain Tenneal and the Dream Warriors (6) vs. (4)The Rainbow Moon Pink Sugar Heart Aches (2)
    (3) Villainous Maximus (4) vs.(2) Mathematics of Wonton Burrito Meals (4)

Deuce

And so BaSSiL goes to teams again ... will he survive?

Villainous Maximus vs.Mathematics of Wonton Burrito Meals

Lestat (Interview w/ a Vampire and Queen of the Damned), The Beast (Kung Fu Hustle), Space Godzilla, Predator (Predator series), Drake (Blade Series), Jason Voorhees (Friday the 13th), Lightning (Big Trouble in Little China), Ra (Stargate), Thunder (Big Trouble in Little China), Adam (Buffy) vs. Gamera, Peter Petrelli (Heroes), Black Ranger (Power Rangers) [Tommy Oliver], Michael Corvin (Underworld), Gabe Law (The One), Tron (Tron), Dash (The Incredibles), Violet (The Incredibles), Yellow Ranger (Power Rangers) [Chip Thorn], Brock Samson (Venture Bros.)

14. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    I would love to drop some arguments but I don't really have the time, so I will just cross my fingers and wish for the best.

Good luck BaSSiL. [face_peace]

15. VampireForever

VampireForever Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 21, 2004
    I lean towards the Mathmatics for a couple of reasons:

1. Prep.
    a) Weapons
    - This is, in my opinion, a slight edge to mathmatics. The Rangers stuff is probably the most powerful, Tron has some nice stuff, And then all the stuff Brock Sampson has access to. Some of that stuff is insane. He may not know what all of it does, but he has access to it, and there are a couple of guys on his team that would find it useful.

b) Gameplan
    - Brock managed to whip the Monarch's useless minions into a working unit. They may have been all fodder, but he managed to get his plan working. He doesn't have fodder to work with here.
    -Tommy is one of the better leaders in the draft as well, and knows how to handle people. Especially these kinds of people. The kind that are just sort of coming into their powers. Brock kind of has that too, in that he constantly puts up with the Venture Brothers. Anyone who can keep his cool with that family is a pretty level headed guy.
    -Mathmatics probably has the best guy to go against this magic heavy team, in a very good magical Power Ranger, Chip. His knowledge in that area would prove very useful.

I'm going to have to pause this, as I've run out of time. To be continued tonight. I said I was leaning, but that might change when I go over the actual power match ups, such as Gamera Vs. Space Godzilla. Matchups that might swing it the other way, but just looking into the pregame locker rooms, I lean towards Mathmatics. If anyone has any counter points (Since I may be overlooking some arguments I missed when I was away), then go ahead and correct me on those and I can take a look at them.

16. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Mathematics of Wonton Burrito Meals just faced me in a team battle in the quarter finals, EF, so his team was mentioned recently a bit there if you didn't know.

17. VampireForever

VampireForever Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 21, 2004
    I did know that he had teams, but I did not know where. Thank you. Ok, I think I have what I need then. I was apprehensive about judging Petey like I would judge him, but my opinion seems to be the general consensus.

All right, so we've talked about Mathmatics in the locker room, let's talk about VM so it doesn't seem like it's so one sided.

1.Prep.
    a.Weapons(Notice, this includes mystical as well as technical)
    -Compared to the Burritos, their arsenal is very small. Especially when you consider that T&L's powers are confined to themselves, so they can't share their magic, and Predator isn't going to be able to communicate with anyone. At best, it would be like it is in Alien Vs. Predator. Even if he is sharing, it's outclassed. Same as Ra. Nice stuff, but not as nice. Adam's contributions are marginal, at best. Standard stuff, really. Gabe could easily match it himself, in terms of shareable items.

b.Gameplan.
    -Granted, there are some clever people on here, they're just nowhere near the other team in terms of gelling. Ra could maybe get T&L going with him, possibly Adam. But you add in people like Drake, who thinks he's top dog everywhere, Lestat, whose first priority is not battle(I'm not saying he won't be in the fight, but he's much more laid back about it), Beast, who will only fight a challenging opponent, Jason, who is just a loose cannon, and Predator, who probably thinks most of this team is beneath him(You could probably make a case for him going along with the plan, but there are some translation issues) and it starts to get lopsided.

So then, we go to the key power people. There are a lot more of these on VM, but Burritos is not exactly lacking, either. Let's look at 'em.

Obviously you have the big guys, Gamera and Space Godzilla. Gamera loses this, no question. Heck, Gamera and Chip might lose this, it's pretty close, but I would give them the benefit of the doubt more times than not, simply because they can work together better. Chip and a crazy monster, and it might go the other way. That still leaves a lot of power on the board, though. Drake, Lestat, Jason, Lightning, Thunder, and Adam all have crazy insane durability. On the other side of the coin, you have Peter, Tommy, Michael, and, to a lesser extent, Dash, Violet, and Brock. Everybody on both sides can take a bruising. I don't even want to get into how much offense both teams can bring. It's going to be a real brouhaha, and will probably not end pretty for either team. I have to say, though, that when you get a team with this kind of planning against a team that is not so much better than them in any category, and that can boost them substantially. Mathematics have specific resources to take out some of the bigger hitters on the other side, and once an already powerful Peter hits the field, he's going to have some even more awesome powers to draw from. I like a team that comes better prepared to this kind of party, and Mathematics is definitely that.

18. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Yeah, I think E/VF summed that up nicely. I've been hard pressed for energy lately, so I can't really write up much beyond an agree, but he hit the main points. Space Godzilla isn't going down easy, but I think the rest of Mathematics is very good, and enough to win it in the end.

19. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    <marquee><h1>Finals!</h1></marquee>

(1) Captain Tenneal and the Dream Warriors vs.(2) Mathematics of Wonton Burrito Meals

2 vs. 1

BaSSiL vs. Shurron

Colts vs. Pats

good vs. evil.

just like it should be.

Let's see numbers, fellas.

20. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Can we switch BaSSiL to the Colts? I hate the Patriots and well...you know.

21. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    sure thing, Chim.

22. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Why, Chim, does this mean we're not friends anymore? You know, Chim, if I thought you weren't my friend... I just don't think I could bear it.

Hey, yeah, g'game, Vegeta. Fo sho.

And here's to a good match, BaSSiL. Numbers in in a few.

23. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    [image=http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/5006/godotcatchbr3.gif]
    Heh.

[image=http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/1349/godotsniffhy2.gif]
    Rich, smooth, and black. My Godot #107...

[image=http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/5565/godotsipsmm6.gif]
    That robust flavor...my favorite blend.

[image=http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/1840/godotheh20mugto4.gif]
    It's nothing like the bitter taste you'll soon experience...Ms. Shirley.

24. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Much appreciated Inty!

25. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Hey, whatever happened to that team that my mom told me to be wary of? Is it safe to say at this point that she was full of ****?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.