main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Movie and Television Character Draft 2: Census and Games' Bogus Journey [Shadow_of_Durron wins!]

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by DarthIntegral, Apr 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Research? Booo. He'll be back in 20 minutes to announce that Neo has been taken with the first overall pick. Count on it.

2. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    I swore I wouldn't pick a Matrix character, and you can count on that being true......though I am tempted. :p

3. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Ehh...he's not really undisputed top dog right now. I wouldn't doubt someone else going.

He's first round, unless everyone went Beast way early, but I dunno if he still holds that number one spot to me. Maybe. I mean, you never know.

Just don't pick Gozer or I will lol in your face.

4. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Agreed. :p

When I saw Despised up first the first thought that crossed my mind was 'would he pick Neo?'.

Nice list.

5. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    I'm curious to see some of the strategies involving the beast list. I'm kind of expecting one in particular to be used a lot though.

6. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Pick Godzilla? Is that the strategy you had in mind?

7. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    No. But it's not a bad way to go. :p

8. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    My beast strategy will be rather obvious after the first, oh, 9 rounds. :p

I just realised that the first two characters on the draft list are many forms of extreme awesomeness....

9. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Funny, I didn't even have to go back and check the list to know who you were talking about. I noticed the same thing. That trump would kick so much ass. Just to sit in a room, and listen to them scream at each other.

Ah, their voices... they're just so... manly. *sigh*

10. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    And then add in Jack Sparrow to that trump.

*le sigh*

11. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Ya know what really grinds my gears?

12. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Ok, I've decided.

I choose Brock Sampson(Venture Brothers).

What? What do you mean it's not my pick? I won last time.

13. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    A three month drafting period?

Edit: lol

14. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Alright, I was going to wait for a reply from Inty about this but since the list doesn't state that B level feats are not allowed for Lestat I am going to make him my #1 pick.

[image=http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r179/elite_toto/lestat.jpg]
    Lestat (Interview with a Vampire/Queen of the Damned)

If we look at the film and novel feats for Lestat he should come in with the abilities of....

~Super strength,durability, speed (moving so fast that he appears to simply disappear and reappear to humans, to other vampires he moves so fast that he appears as a blur. He also has other super senses such as enhanced vision, hearing, and smell.

~The Cloud Gift: Which is the ability to fly, and in the novels is shown flying over entire oceans and it takes only a few hours.

~Killing Gift: Which in the novel was gained by drinking the blood of Akasha, and can be used to kill mortals with nothing more than a thought.

~Healing factor/Immortality: The immortality in the Anne Rice novels means that a vampires skin turns into a rock-like hardness, this usually happens over many millenia but in the case of Lestat it was hastened due to drinking the blood of Akasha. This is shown at the end QOTD when Lestat was able to resist Akasha trying to ignite him on fire internally, after drinking so much of her blood he became so powerful that he could resist this.

~Fire Gift: Lestat shows this numerous times in the novels, but never in the films. It is mentioned in The Tale of the Body Thief and Memnoch the Devil that Lestat gained this ability from draining the blood of Akasha in Queen of the Damned. Don't know if that will be allowed, but it doesn't contradict anything from the film so I don't see why not.

~Mind Gift: The ability both read minds and use telekinesis, the ability to use this is greater against humans but Lestat has no issue using it on other vampires in the novels. All vampires in the Anne Rice novels also seem to be able to cloud the minds of humans, making them forget or be confused, at times even outright controlling them.

The added bonus is that this is one of my favorite characters in this draft, I am a huge Anne Rice nut.

15. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    What's taking Kiwi so long?

16. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    What's with you and vampires?

17. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    I like vampires, as I said I am a huge Anne Rice nut and have been since before Interview with a Vampire. I like that kind of stuff, probably because I am also a AD&D nerd. :-B

18. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Anne Rice... ewwwww.

19. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    What the... who is Lestat? :p

20. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    The new #1 pick. :p

21. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    One pick in, and people are already disregarding my simple requests ...

22. KiwiRogue

KiwiRogue Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2005
    Heh, I'm in a class now: enough to read and make short comments, but not pick. Perhaps in 4-6 hours...

23. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    I know. It's sickening.

24. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Lestat? Really?

25. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Yeah really. :rolleyes:

PS: I edited my above post to reflect the movies he is in, don't see why it matters since there is no confusion about who it is but oh well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.