main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Movie and Television Character Draft (Champion/Dude/EF/Duncan lol/Winner --- EmpireForever!!)

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by DarthIntegral, Nov 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    I like the list but I think the blue ones should stay in. John McLane has shown he is more then just a gunner and is close to if not at the lever of the JBs. Myers needs to be there if Jason (although this is Jason X, but still). Damien..I mean devils son and Leatherface...I always wanted to see some of my favorites kill him...now I could. But he still adds a craziness to it.

2. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Well, those guys are all awesome. But Leatherface and Myers aren't really all that special. They don't even bring guns. Y'know? But if people want them in there I don't really care. Yeah, I guess Mclane has shown some crazy durability and resilience.

3. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    Myers has been shown to take bullet shots and stabbings and explosions. I think he could have beaten regular Jason. Leatherface has lived through his arm being cut off. He really I annoys me and I honestly just want him there to lose. I would love to see him meet someone who knows how to fight. He just seemed so full of himself. How can I tell that a guy with no lines and shows no emotions is full of himself...I just can!:p

4. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Space Godzilla needs to be on the monster list over some of those chumps. It's not some different form or mutation of regular Godzilla, it's a whole seperate creature.

I'll have to look over all the posts I missed to see where I stand on cuts and such.

5. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Gamera. I want to draft a giant spinning flying turtle...thing.

6. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Yeah, I thought about the turtle. He could easily be an addition, I was just trying to narrow the list however I could. And I basically cut all the "other" Godzilla's Shurron, like the baby one's (there were like 5 of them) and the mecha's. Looking up on SpaceGodzilla, he seems pretty awesome.

Any thoughts from anyone on the Witch King from LotR? I suppose the whole "cannot be killed by a man" thing could be a small problem, but there might be a way to work around it. He is amn powerful, breaking Gandalf's staff and all.

7. whiteeagle

whiteeagle Jedi Master star 6

Dec 24, 2004
    just have him fight a girl and he'll get owned...heh

8. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Spacezilla is a bit much, you ask me.

But, what do you know, Godzilla beat him. Go figure.

9. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Okay, so as far as cuts go, I agree with EF's list with the exception of the following:

John McClane
    Jack Sparrow (Yeah, he doesn't bring all that much, but he's too iconic. You can't have PotC characters on the list and not have Captain Jack Sparrow. Hopefully he won't go in the first round again, but he could make for a fun final pick.)
    Michael Myers (I mean, not a bad semi-tank. Not totally worthless.)
    Leatherface (Again, too iconic. No powerhouse, but a fun pick.)
    Tony Montana (WAY too iconic. Come on, it's Tony Montana! :p )

A few additional cuts I would make:

Norman Bates (Brings nothing except cross-dressing.)
    The Blob (Hey, I loves me some Blob, but come on. It's not really a character, it's too uncontrollable, and, just, no.)
    Krang (I'm of the opinion that all TMNT stuff should be limited to movies only for this draft. We have the animated draft for the animated turtles. And since Krang's never been in one of the movies, axe him.)
    Frank (Once Upon a Time in the West)
    Harmonica (Once Upon a Time in the West)

Additionally, I don't agree with the cuts made to Kung-Fu Hustle. If you want to trim the numbers down on that movie, that's cool, but at least trim the right guys. :p

Cutting the Harpists is fine, cutting Donut is fine, but Coolie and Tailor on the list while the Landlord and Landlady are gone? No, no, no. That won't do. The best characters should make it on, and the four best from that movie are Sing, Beast, Landlady and Landlord. Coolie and Tailor aren't even in their league.

And a couple other things to "clean up" the list:

"Judge Dread" should be Judge Dredd

Put Evil Ash next to Ash in the {Evil Dead series)

There are two Scorpion Kings on the list. The one labeled under (Mummy series) needs to go.

Just to keep things all neat-looking, I personally would merge all the Buffy and Angel characters and put them next to eachother. Even if some only have anything to do with one show or the other, I would just label them all under (Buffy/Angel). But maybe that's just me.

Put Johns from (Pitch Black) next to Riddick and Lord Marshal... or... actually, Johns is kinda useless. On second thought, he should probably be axed.

That's all I got for now.

10. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Yeah, and if you did keep the Blob, shouldn't it be with the beasts? I mean, it gets pretty big, and can just keep getting bigger. Once the match starts it doesn't stop growing. Of course, it has that ridiculous weakness, so I agree that it should go.

And, yeah, those guys are iconic. I was having trouble saying they need the axe(because they really do) because they're just too much awesome.

11. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    I haven't been able to read up on everything here yet, but...
    Oh crap. All I know is that he acquires other people's power when he's around them. Not entirely useful in fights with people who he wouldn't acquire power from.

but... up there with neo neo?? what the crap. this is gonna be interesting. plz don't spoil me

12. JediKnight20043

JediKnight20043 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 18, 2004
    *Finds that everyone ignored my previous post*

13. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Bleh. Nobody wants those lame-as-hell, one-time-only, freak-of-the-week "villains". Making those guys draftable would practically be the same as making "That mildy-obese bank robber Superman stopped in issue #241" a pickable character in the comic draft. Or, well, close to it, anyways.

I wouldn't mind seeing Clark on the list too much, and maybe Lex for resources/strategy. But aside from that, no more Smallville. None of the other "Leaguers", either.

14. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005

15. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    I was going to point that out to him, but got lazy and decided not to bother with it. :p

16. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Yeah, same here. Still trying to find a moment to read what exactly has happened in the last three pages but it wasn't hard to find that. :p

17. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Not really much to say. Great job on the trim list, EF, no comments here except for Jack Sparrow. I agree with Shurron on that. And I don't know the beasts all too well, but I like the idea of the beast PL list if we're keeping them.

I'm still of the opinion of no Smallville characters as well. Oh, and one thing: actually, not now. I just noticed the bracket changes on Inty's list. I like.

18. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    If we can find a good site (or someone with decent enough knowledge) to be able to seperate Clark's powers that he's shown in Smallville and the ones he's shown in comics as Superman (not sure if Wiki has done that), I am all for adding Smallville characters. He's really no more powerful than Neo, and it always helps to have more uber characters of that nature, as right now we only have a couple (Neo, Smith, Sing, Beast, etc).

Of course, like Shadow pointed out, there's no use adding small villains who have appeared once on the show. Still, I think Lex, Lionel, and Clark would all be great additions to the list, as long as we can separate them from what they've become in the comics.

19. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    I agree with Zizz. I have no problem adding Clark, but we really need to define his powers, and use no B-level canon at all.

20. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    I'm pretty familiar with him. Got seasons 1-5 on DVD.

Personally, I'd say the only problem is that he might be too fast for this draft, even at this stage. You think Neo showed some speed? Clark books it from Smallville to freakin' Honduras in... well, it's not establish exactly how fast it was, but it was fast.

21. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    It says Neo goes 500 miles in 15 minutes. Not too bad. I'd guess Clark's was faster than that though. :p

22. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
  23. JediKnight20043

JediKnight20043 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 18, 2004
    Lol, Im extremely familiar with clark.

Im basically a Smallville geek. Lol.

So far hes shown superspeed, strength to a lesser ability that in the comics. He cant fly yet, but can do superjumps. (although he has flown when he was possessed effectively become Kal-El) He can heat vision, Xray vision, and blow down metal doors and blow out fires with breath.

He drop like a bomb to kryptonite, and magic hurts him.

Anything else?

24. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    He is definitely WAY faster than Neo. Neo dodges bullets, in one episode, either the first or second season, somone shoots at someone else, Clark is standing a good ways behind the shooter, manages to outrun the bullet, stop, look at it, get to the person, move them out of the way, and run back to where he was standing before, all without anyone seeing him.

25. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    Just for the record, I'd like to be a judge again in the upcoming draft, if nobody objects.

Also, for Clark, I don't have a problem with him being added. With such a glaring weakness that a prep can expose, I think that he's not in danger of PWNing everybody else on the draft list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.