main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Movie and Television Character Draft (Champion/Dude/EF/Duncan lol/Winner --- EmpireForever!!)

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by DarthIntegral, Nov 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Who in this draft has access to kryptonite? Nobody, thus there is no glaring weakness for Clark IMO. After much pondering I agree with Inty that Smallville characters should be kept out.

PS: I object!

2. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Actually, if a character has the means to get to Smallville and back within 24, they can probably get some K with little trouble. That stuff is lying all over the place in the series.

3. whiteeagle

whiteeagle Jedi Master star 6

Dec 24, 2004
    true, its like candy....

4. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Seriously, so that's actually most people. At least most people worth their salt with prep.

He has the weakness to magic, too, which this list has plenty of.

Even with that he seems a bit much to me. Maybe not. I'd have to watch some to more accurately gague his strength and durability.

5. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Yeah, I'm actually not so sure on Clark now that I think about it. Isn't he bulletproof, even in Smallville. I vaguely remember him being shot from behind or something, and the shooter being really surprised about it. I forget how Clark concealed the fact that he was bulletproof, it was a while ago. Something tells me it happened in a parking lot, for some reason.

If he's been proven to be bulletproof, I'd call him too powerful for this draft. I mean, at least Neo can be shot, and he can die. Not likely of happening, but it's a possibility. But if Clark can take a bullet without even wincing, something tells me only a very select few would have enough strength to do ANYTHING to him at all. And even those characters would end up getting pwnt in the end.

6. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    I dunno about a bullet, but he's had a knife break against him. I've only seen the first two seasons, so he could be.

7. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    He is bullet proof. I am 90% sure he can get hit by bullets...and 100% sure he has grabbed them before. However, if someone can get to smallville they can find kryptonite...so he isn't invincible

8. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    I don't think having guys in the draft that can *only* be beat with a prep is a good thing. At all actually. And that would be the case with Clark. If he's that durable, and that fast, and that strong, there's no way any of the monsters would beat him. And he'd obviously destroy Neo, if only because Neo wouldn't be able to hurt him.

9. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Quick updated beastie list. Added a few names, dropped one.

Anguirus
    Baragon
    Battra
    Destoroyah
    Gabara
    Gigan
    Godzilla
    Hedorah
    Kamoebas
    King Caesar
    King Ghidorah
    King Kong
    Manda
    Megalon
    Mechagodzilla
    Monster X
    Mothra
    Orga
    Rodan
    Space Godzilla
    Titanosaurus

10. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
  11. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Well, I've seen every single Smallville episode shown on Australian TV, which is currently from seasons 1 through to the start of 6.

JK got his powers down right, except for mentioning the fact that he's bullet proof. To confirm for you all, he cannot be hurt by anything other than something that has a relation to kryptonite. Bullets crumple against him (and his clothing! woo! :p), massive swords and ball-chains smash to pieces, things blow up in his face, etc etc. The only things that hurt him are kryptonite directly, or some brilliantly thought up villain ( :rolleyes:) who has been infected by kryptonite in some form - so his/her powers oft harm Clark. Because none of those people are in this draft, the only way to harm him would be to go to Smallville and collect some meteor rock; which, as has been said, is rather abundant.

His speed is as EF said. After a bullet has been shot he can have a moment to think about his decision before casually strolling forward and plucking that beast of metal out of the air.

But I don't think he should be in the draft. I don't think he belongs.

12. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    He can be hurt by magic as well, ne? There are several magical weapons and powers in this draft. Not that any of those guys are fast enough, but if you had a Neo on your team and it went to teams, Clark would get owned pretty fast. And, really, from what I can make of it, he might be able to beat most of the beasts, I don't really know about Godzilla or the high end, and going by what I've seen right now, I'd probably give Neo the win, because he's never stopped coming after being repeatedly smashed by Smith. His speed may be lesser, but he does have a ton more skill than Clark.

13. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Most of the magic users we have in the draft need a little time to cast spells, Clark would have put a fist through their skulls before the spell is complete IMO.

14. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    He does most definitely have more skill than Clark, that's for sure. But Neo simply wouldn't be able to kill him. And Clark is the faster.

He can be hurt by magic as well, ne?

To be honest, possibly is my answer. Most of the magic in Smallville is from people who have been kyrptonited, if I may invent that term. Which is what I mentioned before about harming him. That said though, when Lana was a magic-wielding witch from ages past, she (and her cohorts of Chloe and Loius) were able to harm Clark. Drastically, in fact. And this was a witch who was from centuries before. So I can't see how kryptonite had an effect there - or at least, it was never implied. Which could possibly mean that magic can affect him.

Who has some powerful magic in this draft?

Edit: And I agree with Despised... especially for Voldemort! ah-hahaha Ahem.

15. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    That's what I said. But you give Neo Glamdring and look out.

Well how can you say that Clark could hurt Neo? After coming back to life the only injury he gets is from when the sword cuts his hand, and he barely notices it. The beating he takes from Smith is incredible, I don't think Clark has been pushed that hard yet.

16. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Glamdring isn't in this draft... is it? Doesn't the undead king wield it?

Clark and Neo wouldn't be a martial arts fight. Clark can't do that. Neo would get in some good hits, but we know that they wouldn't have any effect on Clark. Clark would get in a hit, punch as it may, simply because he's so fast. Would that affect Neo? You mentioned the beating he took from Smith... he seemed to breath hard, to be affected. Clark can't raise a sweat. And if Clark was able to get a weapon, or sharp object from somewhere....

It's almost a case of who would last longer.

17. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Gandalf has Glamdring. I'm just saying, you get him someone on his team that does have magical weapons, and I think he can definitely tag Clark.

Neo can be as fast as he wants to be. I don't buy the mach three stuff, because he was going a lot faster than that. Add in his skill and it is definitely a fight. Clark is all bruiser, and just because he's faster doesn't mean Neo's reaction time and reflexes aren't fantastic, his skill gives him a good chance at taking it. He wasn't breathing hard, from what I could tell. But even if that was Neo's limit, I don't think we've seen Clark's limit, so I wouldn't know how to judge it. Unless you have seen his limit, that would make it much easier to judge.

18. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Ah, Gandalf. I got my swords confused. In a team battle, then, if the opposing team had somebody really fast and somebody with magical weapons... then yes, I would say you could take Clark. The example you gave I would accept.

I don't buy the measurement of speed on wiki for Neo, either. Besides the first movie when it shows Neo dodge bullets for the first time, are there any other examples of this later on when he is much more capable? I can only think of times when he simply stops them. The speed shown there (if there is one) might make it possible to compare it to Clark; just a thought.

When Clark is healthy (he got "sick" once [face_laugh]) and not against kryptonite infected opponents, a 'limit' has never been shown. He can't physically be injured, so you never see anything obvious. And he never weakens except, once again, around kryptonite - which, in the show, is often what vexes him. They've never really explored the angle of fighting other non-kryptonite villains who can really take it to Clark - so I honestly don't know a limit.

19. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Well, he makes three agents who can also dodge bullets look slow, so I dunno.

20. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Oh yes, why do we have both of those other couple of agents in this draft now? They're virtually clones of each other.

21. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Yeah, I dunno.

22. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    [face_laugh]

:p

23. Darthsuperbatpooh

Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 29, 2002
    as far as clark...i say add him...i think anyone that can go toe to toe with neo is worth adding...i would have a hard time voting clark over neo...because of the skill factor

24. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Heh. Yeah.

25. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    Why not just put Clark on the Beast list?

Obviously, if we include him, he will be picked first, and nobody (unless prepped, and strong), will be able to beat him. So what? That's the same thing as Luke in the Jedi draft, and that is working out fine.

The only problem I see, then, is in team battles. So...make sure that whatever team has him can't get another beast, and if the team is worth it's salt, they will use the 24 hour prep to make sure that the match doesn't turn into Clark Pwning everybody (ala Neo...).

I think that makes the most sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.