main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Movie and Television Character Draft (Champion/Dude/EF/Duncan lol/Winner --- EmpireForever!!)

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by DarthIntegral, Nov 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    I can't read [face_blush]

I missed Dom's post, and mentioned Chim as I thought he was the only one asking to be a backup at that point. *shrug*

I'll be sitting this out and watching. Expect me here for the next version.

2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    With that said, I think we'll just to stick to 16 GMs.

1. Shadow_of_Durron
    2. BaSSiL
    3. Zizz
    4. Tyi-Maet_Nefer
    5. KiwiRogue
    6. JediKnight20043
    7. KrystalBlaze
    8. JediVegeta
    9. Dom
    10. yodaminch
    11. EmpireForever
    12. Darthsuperbatpooh
    13. Kyptastic
    14. OBK
    15. Axle-Starweilder
    16. Despised1

The_Chim has first dibs on any team at any point in time if a GM is removed or drops out.

Randomized order and draft list up in just a bit

3. JediKnight20043

JediKnight20043 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 18, 2004
    ON WITH TEH DRAFT!!!!

4. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Keep in mind, there are ten rounds of drafting. At some point in time, trading will be opened, but it is not open at this time. I will notify you when trading is open. GMs, once you are on the clock, you will have 24 hours to post your pick or PM it to the commish (that's me). If your 24 hours expire, you will be bumped to the end of the round. If you are bumped two or more times, you may be removed from the game, and replaced by a replacement GM. It is advised that if your pick is coming up and you will be going offline, that you PM a set of picks to the commish (again, that's me) in the order you would prefer them. You can PM picks as far in advance as you would like. If it is your turn and you are on the clock, there is no need to PM me, simply post your pick. However, it is important to note that only the commish (once again, yours truly) has the ability to bump someone (unless he delegates that authority to a judge). Bumping someone without the expressed consent and authority of the commish will result in you being tarred and feathered.

Any questions, PM me. Any questions about the strengths and weaknesses of specific characters that you are considering, you should feel free to PM the judges for their opinions.

Some of you familiar with the Video Game and Comic Book Drafts will notice that there is only one list for thsi draft (there is no power list). That's something to draw up for future drafts if they happen.

And, good luck, and let's get this started ...

[b][color=cyan]Round 1[/color][/b]

1 EmpireForever - [color=red]On The Clock[/color]
    2 Axle-Starweilder
    3 Kyptastic
    4 Zizz
    5 JediVegeta
    6 OBI-BEN-KENOBI
    7 yodaminch
    8 BartSimpson-SithLord
    9 KiwiRogue
    10 Tyi-Maet_Nefer
    11 Shadow_of_Durron
    12 Dom_Perignon
    13 DarthSuperBatPooh
    14 JediKnight20043
    15 KrystalBlaze
    16 Despised1

[b][color=cyan]Round 2[/color][/b]

1. Despised1
    2. KrystalBlaze
    3. JediKnight20043
    4. DarthSuperBatPooh
    5. Dom_Perignon
    6. Shadow_of_Durron
    7. Tyi-Maet_Nefer
    8. KiwiRogue
    9. BartSimpson-SithLord
    10. yodaminch
    11. OBI-BEN-KENOBI
    12. JediVegeta
    13. Zizz
    14. Kyptastic
    15. Axle-Starweilder
    16. EmpireForever

[b][u]The Draft List[/u][/b]

Jack Bauer (24)
    James Marshall (Air Force One)
    Alien Queen (Alien series)
    Ellen Ripley (Alien series)
    Corpral Hicks (Aliens)
    Private Hudson (Aliens)
    Private Vasquez (Aliens)
    Austin Powers (Austin Powers)
    Dr. Evil (Austin Powers)
    Betelgeuse (Beetlejuice)
    Jack Burton (Big Trouble in Little China)
    Lo Pan (Big Trouble in Little China)
    Wang Chi (Big Trouble in Little China)
    Rick Deckard (Blade Runner)
    Roy Batty (Blade Runner)
    William Wallace (Braveheart)
    Bride of Frankenstein (Bride of Frankenstein)
    Buffy Summers (Buffy series)
    Faith (Buffy series)
    Glory (Buffy series)
    Willow Rosenberg (Buffy series)
    Spike (Buffy/Angel)
    Angel/Angelus (Buffy/Angel) (specify incarnation)
    Max Cady (Cape Fear)
    Chucky (Child's Play)
    Riddick (Chronicles of Riddick)
    Jack Ryan (Clear and Present Danger)
    John Matrix (Commando)
    Conan the Barbarian (Conan series)
    Thulsa Doom (Conan series)
    The Creature (Creature from the Black Lagoon)
    Li Mu Bai (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon)
    John Murdoch (Dark City)
    Mr. Book (Dark City)
    Mr. Hand (Dark City)
    John Spartan (Demolition Man)
    Simon Phoenix (Demolition Man)
    John McClane (Die Hard)
    Wong Fei Hung (Druken Master 2)
    Bolo (Enter the Dragon)
    Han (Enter the Dragon)
    Lee (Enter the Dragon)
    Roper (Enter the Dragon)
    Williams (Enter the Dragon)
    Cleric Preston (Equilibrium)
    Vice-Counsel DuPont (Equilibrium)
    Snake Plissken (Escape From New York/L.A.)
    Ash (Evil Dead series)
    Tyler Durden (Fight Club)
    Joe (For a Few Dollars More)
    Frankenstein's Monster (Frankenstein)
    Jason Voorhees (Friday the 13th)
    Bill the Butcher (Gangs of New York)
    Egon Spengler (Ghostbusters)
    Gozer the Gozarian (Ghostbusters)
    Peter Venkman (Ghostbusters)
    Ray Stantz (Ghostbusters)
    Winston Zeddemore (Ghostbusters)
    Commodus (Gladiator)
    Maximus Decimus Meridius (Gladiator)
    Baragon (Godzilla movies)
    Godzilla (Godzilla movies)
    Ki

5. JediKnight20043

JediKnight20043 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 18, 2004
    OMG that list is sweet.

I cant wait till till matches get underway.

And HEY GUYS!!!

THIS IS TEH FIRST DRAFT WHERE I ACUTALLY KNOW MOST IF NOT ALL OF THE CHARACTERS, YAY!!!

Gotta say magic battles.

Dumbledore Vs. Gandalf,

How friggin awesome would that match be.

6. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    11th, eh? I think I can work with that. [face_thinking]

7. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Haha this draft list kicks ass. First name I saw was Jack Bauer, and I knew it'd be teh awesome. And then HP, LOTR, Matrix, and The Incredibles came up, and I knew this would be an awesome idea.

I do have a question though. For some of these guys, (HP for instance), there are books out that haven't yet become movies. Am I safe to assume that we can use parts that haven't come across the small/big screen yet, or are we stuck with what's been made into film?

Wish there was a PL though, but I guess you can't really do that in the first draft of a certain type. But it would make it a lot easier to figure out the more powerful characters. Oh well, guess I'll actually have to use the ol' noggin.

8. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I view it much the same way I view the Video Game draft. The television show and/or movie they appear in is the primary source for basing arguments, strengths, and weaknesses. However, other media (video games, books, comic books) that the characters appear in can and should be used as the judges to supplement the primary media. Almost an A-level and a B-level sort of thing.

9. Kyptastic

Kyptastic VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Draft Canon.

10. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Ok, I get ya. Thanks.

11. KiwiRogue

KiwiRogue Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2005
    Dammit, I'm right in the middle. Makes picking certain groups alot more tricky. Otherwise, cool list. Will have to see who to pick first...

EDIT: Oh freaking hell, I want a Power List just so I know who to pick first!!! :p

Hey, do we get any special bonus if we pick people with the same actor, like Indiana Jones and Han Solo? :p

12. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    If you trump them, they morph into one all-powerful, super-human Harrison Ford.

13. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    So with James Marshall in a triple trump what happens?

14. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Thyis is tough. On the one hand, I could go with an all Harrison Ford team, on the other I can have the One, then of course there's Jack Bauer, who is right up there with Chuck Norris...Decisions decisions.

Now, quick question, this is Neo, no crazy power caps, right? Everything he does in the Matrix he would be able to do here, right? I'm not getting Neo-lite if I pick him?

15. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Assume everyone is peaked. Period. Just like the first video game draft, just like the first comic book draft.

If we need to start capping people at certain power levels, and restricting certain events, that would be done in future incarnations of this draft.

In otherwords, no uber feat is too awesome for the first rendition of a draft.
    (I mean, for crying out loud, Knights of the Round was allowed in the first Video Game Draft)

16. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Alright, then I shall check something really quick like and have my pick for you in a tick.

I hate being first, I have no time to research.

17. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Well, one thing I planned on bringing up earlier was about Smith and his crazy "cloning" ability and being able to summon limitless Smiths to the fight and bascially take over entire teams. That was something I didn't think he should be allowed. But in terms of power, it should definitely be that one uber "Oracle" Smith. The one that Neo fought one on one in that final battle.

That'd be up to the powers that be, though. And if it's all peak, then it's all peak.

18. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Wouldn't he need prep to bring in the clones even if he were allowed it? You're starting him out in an empty battlefield mano-emano how is he going to get a clone army exactly?

19. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    I dunno. Well, I mean, Smith would have to be in the Matrix no matter what, right? And not everyone can go into the Matrix, so for fights involving him, some... allowances would have to be made, like, uh, us pretending that Smith can exist outside the Matrix with his skills somehow. But the cloning thing pretty much only affects beingd connected to the Matrix... I don't even know what I'm saying exactly. *shrug* Uh... ya know?

20. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    That was my thought. Although the point of him only existing in the Matrix is valid as well, but I suppose we'll just have to make certain assumptions along the way.

21. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Well, in the Matrix universe everyone IS in the Matrix, so...You know.

Anyway, speaking of the Matrix, I've made up my mind. At this point in time and with the limited ammount of time I have to research, I'm going to go ahead and make my choice now. I don't see anyone beating him, even if I missed a gem, I think there's no doubt right now everyone is gunning for him, and I have a long wait for my next turn. This is the prototype, and I'll admit that I don't know every single guy on the list perfectly, but if someone out there can beat him, then congratulations to whoever picked that character. He's top five at any rate, and my pick is in the top five.

Go ahead and give me the one...no! not Jet Li:

[image=http://www.geocities.com/tim_mccain/Neo-LotsofBullets.jpg]

Neo(The Matrix)

I hate being predictable.

And you have no idea how angry Espy will be when she sees taht Tristan from KA did not make the list.

22. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    Good, solid pick. I can think of a few who would beat him in a one on one fight, but he's a far better leader and team player...

I'll get breakdowns up after each round.

If you have any questions about how I rate specific players, feel free to PM me.

23. SuperB_at_Pooh

SuperB_at_Pooh Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 9, 2006
    that would be my #1 pick too

24. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Of course it would, because you are a no good biter.

25. SuperB_at_Pooh

SuperB_at_Pooh Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 9, 2006
    :D

yup

*bites*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.