main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Movie and Television Character Draft (Champion/Dude/EF/Duncan lol/Winner --- EmpireForever!!)

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by DarthIntegral, Nov 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    I'm sure Inty or any of the judges would be more than happy to entertain your "who should and should not be on the list" arguments via PM...;)

Glad to see Saruman taken. I have breakdowns up untill now, and will do my best to post them right after the round is finished...

2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    keep those suggestions in mind for after this draft. I'm not gonna be adding options during the draft. But, as we always do with Video Game and Comics, we'll talk about who needs added, who needs subtracted, who needs capped, etc after the draft in prep for the next one (and judging by the interest, I'm thinking there probably will be a second one).

3. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Jack tracked him down and shot him. Apparently he hates having to find people. Carmen Sandiago's body was found riddled with bullets on a boat somewhere near Europe.

4. Luigi

Luigi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    We were going so smoothly too.

5. Darthsuperbatpooh

Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 29, 2002
    and i thought i was going to get another pick tonight :(

6. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    I am off to sleep now, I PM'd my picks to DI.

7. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    First impressions (As seen by an unbiased outsider :p )

1 EmpireForever - Neo (The Matrix)

He's the One. End of story, really. At his peak, in the Matrix, there's pretty much nothing he can't do.

2 Axle-Starweilder - Li Mu Bai (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon)

I've never seen Crouching Tiger . . . I know, I know. But a quick spot of research seems to make this out to be an okay pick.

3 Kyptastic - Gandalf (Lord of the Rings)

Gandalf, Olorin, a being of supernatural power and age cloaked in a human form - very nearly invincible. Yep, no problems here.

4 Zizz - Lord Voldemort (Harry Potter)

Team-building may be a problem, because LV has an ego the size of a planet and won't take kindly to strong second- and third-rounders. But a hell of a No1 nonetheless.

5 JediVegeta - Xena (Xena: Warrior Princess)

Never seen Xena, but I have a feeling that she can't compete with the likes of Voldemort, Gandalf and Neo. Not sure about this one.

6 OBI-BEN-KENOBI - Jean-Luc Picard (Star Trek)

A good team leader, and a superb pick - I'm thinking that a prepped Cpt. Picard in particular would be a force to reckon with.

7 yodaminch - Jack Bauer (24)

As another magic-free, superpower-less common or garden human being, the prep factor is going to be crucial . . . but prepped, well, it's chainsaw time.

8 BartSimpson-SithLord - Agent Smith (The Matrix)

Steal. Absolute steal. This bloke almost - almost - beat out the guy who went at number one, and has most of Neo's power plus a lot of insanity. Heaven only knows how he'll work as the head of a team, though.

9 KiwiRogue - Imhotep (The Mummy)

Very powerful and very single-minded. Good pick. And he can dissolve into sand and reincarnate at will, so good luck to any opponent who relies on hand-to-hand . . .

10 Tyi-Maet_Nefer - Cleric Preston (Equilibrium)

See comments to Picard and Jack Bauer. Preston's fit, a weapons expert and pretty damn clever, but still just your basic human being. Prep time is going to be his friend.

11 Shadow_of_Durron - King Ghidorah (Godzilla Series)

Not overfamiliar with Godzilla. But for crying out loud, Ghidorah's a three-headed dragon and is thus kind of intrinsically hard to deal with. :p

12 Dom_Perignon - Dumbledore (Harry Potter)

Dumbledore vs. Voldemort would be awesome. Dumbledore vs. Gandalf . . . awesome doesn't even cover it. Another superb magic-user, with enough intellect to really exploit prep time. Steal.

13 DarthSuperBatPooh - General Grievous (Star Wars)

Good one. And the CW cartoons give lots of evidence of his all-round destructive abilities. He may, however, get a little bit owned by some of the top 10.

14 JediKnight20043 - Saruman (Lord of the Rings)

He's almost as good as Gandalf, and again, very clever. An excellent pick from the third-to-last spot.

8. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Thanks for the breakdowns JN. I think every "super villain" in this draft has an insane ego (Smith, Saruman), but I just couldn't pass up Lord Voldemort. And as for my views on him vs Dumbledore, I just can't see him losing. That's the thing with Albus. He just doesn't believe in killing. It's not in his mentality. It has been said plenty of times in the books by Dumbledore that "LV fails to realize that there are worse things than death in the world". He's simply too kind, and doesn't think murder is the right answer in any situation. He would also NEVER use the killing curse, something LV has become quite efficient with.

And I kind of wanted Smith, but I figured the death spell could probably take out a lot more characters in this draft than simple blistering speed, flying ability, and super strength could.

9. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Sorry for the holdup, kids. :p

I picked Jack Sparrow as my choice.

-Krystal

10. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Via PM, Despised selects Gozer the Gozarian (Ghostbusters) and Godzilla (Godzilla movies)
    Via PM, KrystalBlaze selects Robocop (Robocop)
    Via PM, JK20043 selects Maximus Decimus Meridius (Gladiator)

Round 1

1 EmpireForever - Neo (The Matrix)
    2 Axle-Starweilder - Li Mu Bai (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon)
    3 Kyptastic - Gandalf (Lord of the Rings)
    4 Zizz - Lord Voldemort (Harry Potter)
    5 JediVegeta - Xena (Xena: Warrior Princess)
    6 OBI-BEN-KENOBI - Jean-Luc Picard (Star Trek)
    7 yodaminch - Jack Bauer (24)
    8 BartSimpson-SithLord - Agent Smith (The Matrix)
    9 KiwiRogue - Imhotep (The Mummy)
    10 Tyi-Maet_Nefer - Cleric Preston (Equilibrium)
    11 Shadow_of_Durron - King Ghidorah (Godzilla Series)
    12 Dom_Perignon - Dumbledore (Harry Potter)
    13 DarthSuperBatPooh - General Grievous (Star Wars)
    14 JediKnight20043 - Saruman (Lord of the Rings)
    15 KrystalBlaze - Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Caribbean)
    16 Despised1 - Gozer the Gozarian (Ghostbusters)

Round 2

1. Despised1 - Godzilla (Godzilla movies)
    2. KrystalBlaze - RoboCop (RoboCop)
    3. JediKnight20043 - Maximus Decimus Meridius (Gladiator)
    4. DarthSuperBatPooh - On The Clock
    5. Dom_Perignon
    6. Shadow_of_Durron
    7. Tyi-Maet_Nefer
    8. KiwiRogue
    9. BartSimpson-SithLord
    10. yodaminch
    11. OBI-BEN-KENOBI
    12. JediVegeta
    13. Zizz
    14. Kyptastic
    15. Axle-Starweilder
    16. EmpireForever

The Draft List:

James Marshall (Air Force One)
    Alien Queen (Alien series)
    Ellen Ripley (Alien series)
    Corpral Hicks (Aliens)
    Private Hudson (Aliens)
    Private Vasquez (Aliens)
    Austin Powers (Austin Powers)
    Dr. Evil (Austin Powers)
    Betelgeuse (Beetlejuice)
    Jack Burton (Big Trouble in Little China)
    Lo Pan (Big Trouble in Little China)
    Wang Chi (Big Trouble in Little China)
    Rick Deckard (Blade Runner)
    Roy Batty (Blade Runner)
    William Wallace (Braveheart)
    Bride of Frankenstein (Bride of Frankenstein)
    Buffy Summers (Buffy series)
    Faith (Buffy series)
    Glory (Buffy series)
    Willow Rosenberg (Buffy series)
    Spike (Buffy/Angel)
    Angel/Angelus (Buffy/Angel) (specify incarnation)
    Max Cady (Cape Fear)
    Chucky (Child's Play)
    Riddick (Chronicles of Riddick)
    Jack Ryan (Clear and Present Danger)
    John Matrix (Commando)
    Conan the Barbarian (Conan series)
    Thulsa Doom (Conan series)
    The Creature (Creature from the Black Lagoon)
    John Murdoch (Dark City)
    Mr. Book (Dark City)
    Mr. Hand (Dark City)
    John Spartan (Demolition Man)
    Simon Phoenix (Demolition Man)
    John McClane (Die Hard)
    Wong Fei Hung (Druken Master 2)
    Bolo (Enter the Dragon)
    Han (Enter the Dragon)
    Lee (Enter the Dragon)
    Roper (Enter the Dragon)
    Williams (Enter the Dragon)
    Vice-Counsel DuPont (Equilibrium)
    Snake Plissken (Escape From New York/L.A.)
    Ash (Evil Dead series)
    Tyler Durden (Fight Club)
    Joe (For a Few Dollars More)
    Frankenstein's Monster (Frankenstein)
    Jason Voorhees (Friday the 13th)
    Bill the Butcher (Gangs of New York)
    Egon Spengler (Ghostbusters)
    Peter Venkman (Ghostbusters)
    Ray Stantz (Ghostbusters)
    Winston Zeddemore (Ghostbusters)
    Commodus (Gladiator)
    Baragon (Godzilla movies)
    Mecha Godzilla (Godzilla movies)
    Mothra (Godzilla movies)
    Martin Blank (Grosse Pointe Blank)
    Michael Myers (Halloween)
    Harry Potter (Harry Potter)
    Severus Snape (Harry Potter)
    Pinhead (Hellraiser)
    Hercules (Hercules: the Legendary Journeys)
    Broken Sword (Hero)
    Nameless (Hero)
    Will Kane (High Noon)
    Connor MacLeod (Highlander)
    Juan Sanchez Villa-Lobos Ramirez (Highlander)
    The Kurgan (Highlander)
    Duncan MacLeod (Highlander: The Series)
    Howard the Duck (Howard the Duck)
    Indiana Jones (Indiana Jones series)
    Alec Trevelyan (James Bond Series)
    Dr. Julius No (James Bond Series)
    James Bond (James Bond series)
    Jaws (James Bond Series)
    Oddjob (James Bond Series)
    Bill (Kill Bill)
    Budd (Kil

11. Luigi

Luigi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2006

Captain Jack Sparrow.

12. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    Okay, here are my round one breakdowns. I?ll be giving team and individual grades, taking into account skill, power, experience, team friendliness, and leadership for your first and second round picks. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

EmpireForever (No Team Name)- Neo (The Matrix)

This was the best pick on the board, in my opinion. He has amazing skill and power, experience is top notch, and he?s a good leader with a ?good guys? team. I see him turning into the preverbal ?Luke Skywalker? of this draft. There are some others on the board who are stronger than he, but they would butcher your team ratings. A?s all around on this one. As said earlier, he is the one. Quite unstoppable when in full matrix form.

Individual- A++
    Team- A+

Axle-Starweilder (No Team Name) - Li Mu Bai (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon)

In terms of ninjas, he and Neo were the top two. Again, some more powerful not-ninjas on the board, but you didn?t lose anything by picking him. Not a ton of experience, but it?s there. And he has great skill. A bit of a lone wolf, so you don?t gain too much great leadership though. Solid round 1 pick.

Individual- A
    Team- A

Kyptastic (No Team Name) - Gandalf (Lord of the Rings)

Great pick. I don?t think there was anybody left on the board more powerful than he (in terms of ?good guys??). I see some great options for teams with him, as he will make any good guy team he is on better. Extremely powerful, great leader, great experience.

Individual- A+
    Team- A+

Zizz (No Team Name) - Lord Voldemort (Harry Potter)

Man, I am waiting to see you and Kyptastic face off. Gandalf Vs. Voldemort. I dig it. Anyway, great pick for a bad guy team. As you stated, there is no counter curse for Avada Kedavra, and the dark lord has a tendency to ?get a lot? out of his team mates?be it by brainwashing or other means?He does have an open weakness though?that could hurt you?but again, I don?t think you left anybody on the board who is way more powerful or way more skilful. It will be interesting to see where you go from here. You have some good options.

Individual- A+
    Team- A-

JediVegeta (No Team Name) - Xena (Xena: Warrior Princess)

Scratching my head a bit here?IMO you left a lot of other great players on the board. Xena is no slouch, but I think you missed the mark a bit. She?s not really first round material, with a list this big. I don?t know?good leadership I suppose, and good experience, but neither is amazing, and above average skill.

Individual- C
    Team- B-

OBI-BEN-KENOBI (No Team Name) - Jean-Luc Picard (Star Trek)

Very interesting pick here. He brings amazing leadership, amazing experience, but not a whole lot of individual skill or leadership. Great for your team, but not so hot individually. Hmmm. I think he would have dropped to you in later rounds, and you had better picks, but still not a horrible pick. I?ll be very interested to see what you do after this. We haven?t really seen him in a lot of melee situations, but like I said, a great leader.

Individual- B-
    Team- A+

Yodaminch (No Team Name) - Jack Bauer (24)

Hmmm. I think there were better picks, and I don?t really think the Bauer is really all that amazing. If you were going for ?resourceful and kick ass? normal humans, there were a couple who are better?no to mention there were still some supernatural humans on the board?but you could have done worse. He does a lot for your team.

Individual- B
    Team- A

BartSimpson-SithLord (No Team Name) - Agent Smith (The Matrix)

Great pick. I can?t believe he dropped this far. As mentioned before, when prepared, I don?t know if anyone can beat him. He almost beat Neo, who was the number 1 pick. And he is a good leader when leading himself?we?ll see how he does leading others.

Individual- A+
    Team- A

KiwiRogue (No Team Name) - Imhotep (The Mummy)

Good pick. He is very strong?has a lot of experience and skill?good leader when leading bad guys.

13. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Reason why this draft should crossover with the Comic Book Draft:
    [image=http://img345.imageshack.us/img345/3359/1163241836129js9.jpg]

Reason why this draft should never crossover with the Comic Book Draft:
    [image=http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/1858/1163244914611jh7.jpg]

~*!~-~SHUT YOUR EVIL, EVIL PIE-HOLE~-~!*~

14. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    More first impressions

15 KrystalBlaze - Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Caribbean)

CAPTAIN Jack Sparrow. :p He's good, a good swordsman and a good leader, when sober . . . Also cleverer than he looks. Yet another case where prep might help.

16 Despised1 - Gozer the Gozarian (Ghostbusters)

Nice pick for the last of round one. Very powerful; could give you some cohesion problems, but given your R2 pick I think someone's gunning for individual power here . . .

Round 2

1. Despised1 - Godzilla (Godzilla movies)

Dirty great lizard is going to cause problems for a lot of people. I mean, Jack Sparrow'd have problems, and he went in Round One. Solid pick.

2. KrystalBlaze - RoboCop (RoboCop)

Pretty powerful, pretty resourceful, pretty clever. Prep might help, but he's formidable on his own.

3. JediKnight20043 - Maximus Decimus Meridius (Gladiator)

Hm . . . no superpowers, no magic, and a limited amount he can do with prep. A solid fighter, but Godzilla would have him for breakfast . . . quite possibly literally. And I can't for the life of me imagine how he'd get on with Saruman, so I'm reserving judgement until I see a little more of the team.

15. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
  16. JediKnight20043

JediKnight20043 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 18, 2004
    Woooooooooooah, INTY.

That list was for my first pick only.

That was the first time I'd ever picked via PM. The only reason I included him as number 3 is that I wouldnt have thought my first two choices would get picked, which they didnt.

So umm... does Gladiator still stand, or do I get to actually choose my pick. Your choice.

17. Darthsuperbatpooh

Nov 29, 2002
    sorry guys...i was asleep...i'm going to pick Predator (Predator series)

[image=http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f397/Superbatpoohman/detail_alienpredator_predator.jpg]

18. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    Batpooh, i was still waiting on my choice decision.

And you just picked my next choice, lol.

FgooglyS whatever keep him.

Anyway still waiting on decision.

19. Luigi

Luigi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    Predator?

pf...pff...pffftttBWAHAHAHA.

20. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    "Hey, Billy! Billy! So the other day I go up to my girlfriend and I say--"

... Nah, not on this site. ;)

21. Luigi

Luigi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    Where are Jay and Silent Bob? Those two can throw down.

22. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Oh, man! Forgot about Bluntman, Chronic and ****knocker!

23. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Breakdowns...

EmpireForever - Neo (The Matrix) Excellent first round pick, A solid leader to build a team on,with prep time he's one of the most powerful choices out there. A+
    2 Axle-Starweilder - Li Mu Bai (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon) A bit too early for this one but a solid entry nonetheless. I would have gone with someone with powers B
    3 Kyptastic - Gandalf (Lord of the Rings) Excellent leader and a powerful fighter. Next to Neo this is the best choice thus far A+
    4 Zizz - Lord Voldemort (Harry Potter) Good 1st round choice but a lot depends on who you find to back him up. A-
    5 JediVegeta - Xena (Xena: Warrior Princess) Too early for Xena but she's a solid entry. B-
    6 OBI-BEN-KENOBI - Jean-Luc Picard (Star Trek) Way too early. Picard will win matches but there were so many better choices. He has the leader factor but he will lose his share of matches. C+
    7 yodaminch - Jack Bauer (24) Probably a 5th round draft pick. Bauer is overrated and will more than likely lose more matches than win. Prep time will help but not enough to make him be a 1st rounder. C-
    8 BartSimpson-SithLord - Agent Smith (The Matrix) Excellent first round draft pick and probably the best leader of a villian team. A+
    9 KiwiRogue - Imhotep (The Mummy) Solid pick and with prep time. He'll do good by you. A
    10 Tyi-Maet_Nefer - Cleric Preston (Equilibrium) The one film I haven't really seen I need to give it a rent.
    11 Shadow_of_Durron - King Ghidorah (Godzilla Series) He's got the power factor but not the brian factor. Solid choice but you will have trouble backing him up with cohesion. B+
    12 Dom_Perignon - Dumbledore (Harry Potter) Great leader choice and he will win his share of matches but his biggest benefit will be as a leader.A-
    13 DarthSuperBatPooh - General Grievous (Star Wars) Too early and you probably should have waited until round 4 C+
    14 JediKnight20043 - Saruman (Lord of the Rings) Great choice as a leader and a fighter. He will win you a lot of matches. A+
    15 KrystalBlaze - Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Caribbean) Worst choice thus far. Jack will be clean swept by the majority of his opponents. He doesn't have powerful weapons and his mental abilites are limited. Should have waited to round 8 for this one. D-
    16 Despised1 - Gozer the Gozarian (Ghostbusters Another great choice because of the magic and leader factor. A+

24. Darthsuperbatpooh

Nov 29, 2002
    ohhh...i'm sorry....

25. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    No Problems, and my next choice would most likely be able to beat predator...

...then get obliterated by Predators nuke device thingy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.