main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Movie and Television Character Draft: Take 4 (matches in process!)

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by JediKnight20043, Sep 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKnight20043

JediKnight20043 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 18, 2004
    Warner Brothers Conference

Teikoku Alexanders-4 vs. 3-The Return of Bruno
    Sun Wukong (The Forbidden Kingdom) vs. Donatello/Michaelangelo (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
    If it was all four of them maybe, just maybe they might be able to do something. But its not.
    Winner: Sun Wukong

Return of Evil-2 vs. 5-~Two Bees in a Bucket~
    Caleb (Buffyverse) *PREPARED* vs. Landlady (Kung Fu Hustle)(forfeit)
    Winner: Caleb

Nebulous Evil-2 vs. 5-Power Trippin'
    Benglo (Power Rangers) vs. Karone (Power Rangers)
    So yeah, does she really have anything going for her apart from the staff. Not that I can find
    Winner: Benglo

Universal Pictures Conference

Turning the Tyide-2 vs. 5-Rorschach and the Shell Beach Bums
    T-X (Terminator) vs. Agent Thompson (The Matrix)
    Good match, Im very tempted to give it to the TX, but I dont think she can handle his speed.
    Winner: Agent Thompson

Altus Obscurum(The Hidden Darkness)-6 vs. 1-Need More Trenchcoats
    Durza (Eragon) *no b-level material* vs. Harry Potter/Ron Weasley/Hermione Granger (Harry Potter) *PREPARED*
    Close, but always going to end one way.
    Winner: Potter trump

The Rulers of Oblivion-5 vs. 2-The Rainbow Connection
    Adam (Buffyverse)(forfeit) vs. Shane Clarke, *red* (Power Rangers)
    Winner: Shane

2. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    So, going back a bit... And I may be missing something here but... The White Witch can turn people into stone. Is that disallowed?

3. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    Yes that is disallowed. A) because its an instkill situation. And b) she doesnt really defeat them, kinda just stop them. But yeah, it would be like letting Peter Petrelli stop time, and then go around killing everyone.

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I agree on the matches.

5. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    So the witch w/out the turning people to stone is in the draft because...?

6. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    Whats the difference between her the wand freezing people and Voldemort using a killing curse, both are insta deaths

7. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    Sorry if its a wand, then yeah its allowed. Because she has to be able to hit the person with it.

8. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Yes, it's a wand. No way should that be disallowed. A lion owned her.

[image=http://members.iinet.net.au/~garratts/tyi/aslan/attack.jpg]

9. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    But he is a really awesome lion.

I didnt see that Nycitygurl had judged. New matches up shortly.

EDIT: Next Number...7

Teikoku Alexanders-5 vs. 3-The Return of Bruno
    The Doctor (Dr. Who) / Jack Harkness (Torchwood)(forfeit) vs. Optimus Prime (Transformers)

Return of Evil-3 vs. 5-~Two Bees in a Bucket~
    Megatron (Transformers) vs. Severus Snape (Harry Potter) *PREPARED*

Nebulous Evil-3 vs. 5-Power Trippin'
    Glory (Buffyverse) vs. Kira Ford *yellow* (Power Rangers)

Turning the Tyide-2 vs. 6-Rorschach and the Shell Beach Bums
    Violet Song jat Shariff (Ultraviolet)(forfeit) vs. Liz Sherman (Hellboy)

Altus Obscurum(The Hidden Darkness)-6 vs. 2-Need More Trenchcoats
    The Beast (Kung Fu Hustle) vs. River Tam (Firefly/Serenity)

The Rulers of Oblivion-5 vs. 3-The Rainbow Connection
    Deacon Frost (Blade) vs. James T. Kirk/Spock (Star Trek) TRUMPED w/ Ray Stantz/Winston Zeddemore (Ghostbusters)

10. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    Im getting quite disappointed with the lack of interest. If you guys arent bothered about this anymore then let it be known. Iv tried to speed this thing up, but if you guys arent even going to argue then it becomes quite difficult.

Teikoku Alexanders-5 vs. 3-The Return of Bruno
    The Doctor (Dr. Who) / Jack Harkness (Torchwood)(forfeit) vs. Optimus Prime (Transformers)
    Optimus

Return of Evil-3 vs. 5-~Two Bees in a Bucket~
    Megatron

Nebulous Evil-3 vs. 5-Power Trippin'
    Glory (Buffyverse) vs. Kira Ford *yellow* (Power Rangers)
    Glory

Turning the Tyide-2 vs. 6-Rorschach and the Shell Beach Bums
    Violet Song jat Shariff (Ultraviolet)(forfeit) vs. Liz Sherman (Hellboy)
    Liz

Altus Obscurum(The Hidden Darkness)-6 vs. 2-Need More Trenchcoats
    The Beast (Kung Fu Hustle) vs. River Tam (Firefly/Serenity)
    Good match.
    The Beast

Deacon Frost (Blade) vs. James T. Kirk/Spock (Star Trek) TRUMPED w/ Ray Stantz/Winston Zeddemore (Ghostbusters)
    If the Trump was prepared the could have probably take deacon, what with the vapourisation and all. But the're not.
    Deacon

11. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I agree, exxcept:

My vote goes to Snape.

12. Talon_Kenobi

Sep 3, 2003
    I am not sure what spells Snape could use on Megatron, or what type of spell could stop Megatrons canon. He is a living machine and I am sure the wizards hand book has that in there

13. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    And the fact that big things tend to be impervious to magic. And the fact that well, spells tend to bounce off things, like walls and desks. Why not metal.

In short, I think Megatron can do more damage to Snape than Snape can do to megatron, even with prep.

14. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Can't help you there, but I know a mage from Magic: The Gathering worth his salt would wipe Megatron out. Let him see Barrin.

15. Luigi

Luigi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    This is not Magic: The Gathering. Megatron

16. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    Last round of the match. Number 4.

Im giving my judgements with match ups as they are easy. Most of them are forfeits anyway.

Teikoku Alexanders-5 vs. 4-The Return of Bruno
    Sing (Kung Fu Hustle) vs. Camille (Power Rangers)
    Winner: Sing

Return of Evil-4 vs. 5-~Two Bees in a Bucket~
    Lilith (Supernatural) *PREPARED* vs. Morpheus/Trinity (The Matrix) (forfeit)
    Winner: Lilith

Nebulous Evil-4 vs. 5-Power Trippin'
    Predator (Predator series) *PREPARED* vs. Grindor (Transformers)
    Winner: Grindor

Turning the Tyide-2 vs. 7-Rorschach and the Shell Beach Bums
    Sylar (Heroes) (*PREPARED*) vs. Lestat (Queen of the Damned) *no B-level material*(forfeit)
    Winner: Sylar

Altus Obscurum(The Hidden Darkness)-7 vs. 2-Need More Trenchcoats
    Lucious Malfoy (Harry Potter)(forfeit) vs. Neo (The Matrix) *no code-alteration powers*
    Winner: Neo

Chase Collins (The Covenant) vs. Ray Stantz/Winston Zeddemore (Ghostbusters) (forfeit)
    Winner: Chase

17. Luigi

Luigi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    That first one is pretty cool. Grindor definitely loses. Predator

18. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    Ah, yeah. I meant to say Predator on that one too.

Apologies. I'm flipping my judgement.

And so new match coming soon.

EDIT: And by new match. I mean team battles :p

I expect vast amounts of arguing.

Return of Evil-5 vs. 5-~Two Bees in a Bucket~
    Agent Smith (The Matrix), Syndrome (The Incredibles), Burai (Casshern), T-1000 (Terminator), Megatron (Transformers), Agent Johnson (The Matrix), Jason Voorhees (Friday the 13th), Lilith (Supernatural), Gabe Law (The One), Viktor (Underworld), Apophis (Stargate), Lord Marshall (Chronicles of Riddick), T-800 (Terminator), Caleb (Buffyverse)
    vs.
    Daggeron (Power Rangers), Peter Petrelli (Heroes), Severus Snape (Harry Potter), Ironhide (Transformers), Seraph (The Matrix), Sirius Black (Harry Potter), Landlady (Kung Fu Hustle), Landlord (Kung Fu Hustle), Morpheus/Trinity (The Matrix), Coolie/Donut/Tailor (Kung Fu Hustle), Jean-Luc Picard/William T. Riker/Worf (Star Trek), John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan (Stargate), Nick Gant (Push), Cleric Preston (Equilibrium)

Nebulous Evil-5 vs. 5-Power Trippin'
    Illyria (Buffyverse), Glory (Buffyverse), White Witch (Chronicles of Narnia), Gabriel Yu-Law (The One), Zeltrax (Power Rangers), Saruman (Lord of the Rings) *no B-level material*, Predator (Predator series), Lightning (Big Trouble in Little China), Mig (Power Rangers), Benglo (Power Rangers), Ba?al (Stargate), Cameron Phillips (Terminator Series), Marcus Hamilton (Buffyverse), Kroenen (Hellboy)
    vs.
    Imhotep (The Mummy), Koragg (Power Rangers), Tyzonn *silver* (Power Rangers), Kira Ford *yellow* (Power Rangers), Karone (Power Rangers), Frozone (The Incredibles), Selene (Underworld), Data (Star Trek), Hellboy (Hellboy), Michael Corvin (Underworld), Jack O?Neill/Samantha Carter (Stargate), Lucian (Underworld), Alien Queen (Alien series), Grindor (Transformers)

19. Talon_Kenobi

Sep 3, 2003
    Agent Smith (The Matrix), Syndrome (The Incredibles), Burai (Casshern), T-1000 (Terminator), Megatron (Transformers), Agent Johnson (The Matrix), Jason Voorhees (Friday the 13th), Lilith (Supernatural), Gabe Law (The One), Viktor (Underworld), Apophis (Stargate), Lord Marshall (Chronicles of Riddick), T-800 (Terminator), Caleb (Buffyverse)
    vs.
    Daggeron (Power Rangers), Peter Petrelli (Heroes), Severus Snape (Harry Potter), Ironhide (Transformers), Seraph (The Matrix), Sirius Black (Harry Potter), Landlady (Kung Fu Hustle), Landlord (Kung Fu Hustle), Morpheus/Trinity (The Matrix), Coolie/Donut/Tailor (Kung Fu Hustle), Jean-Luc Picard/William T. Riker/Worf (Star Trek), John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan (Stargate), Nick Gant (Push), Cleric Preston (Equilibrium)

Well Smith is the best fighter in this group thats for sure. Syndrome has killed plenty of super heroes, who unlike Peter, regularly use there powers to save the world. I am not sure what and magic could do to the robots on my team, and with Megatron, any transformer besides Optimus is going down. Law and Johnson can hold off the Land Lady/Lord until Smith arrives, which won't be long at all. Really from there on in its just Smith running through people. Syndrome, Aphosis, and Lord Marshall's technology can counter any on the opposing team. To me it looks just clear cut.

They have a lot of great fighters on the team, but mine can match, and because of Smith just over power them

20. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    I am going to give this one more day for more arguements. Don't let me down guys.

21. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    The second match-up looks far closer than the first. That's my contribution!

I'm hanging out for the next round. Carry on.

22. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Not a whole lot that can be said for my side, here. Decent matchups in individuals, but overall cohesion is pretty poor for team matches. Whole pile of Ranger power for the other team, which is fairly difficult to beat (though I'm unfamiliar with more than a few of them). Decent tech on both sides of the table, same goes for magic. Team leadership is...vague, from where I'm sitting. Mostly seems like it'll boil down to whoever you think has the better top end and organization.

So...yeah, carry on.

23. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    Wow, I can't believe I'm still in this thing! :D

BTW, bootcamp was fun. :)

Evil.

24. Luigi

Luigi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    Which branch?

Judgments today sometime.

25. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    US Navy. [face_flag]

Evil.

26. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    vs.

One team clearly outclasses the other in most areas.
    Winner: Return of Evil

Nebulous Evil-5 vs. 5-Power Trippin'
    Illyria (Buffyverse), Glory (Buffyverse), White Witch (Chronicles of Narnia), Gabriel Yu-Law (The One), Zeltrax (Power Rangers), Saruman (Lord of the Rings) *no B-level material*, Predator (Predator series), Lightning (Big Trouble in Little China), Mig (Power Rangers), Benglo (Power Rangers), Ba?al (Stargate), Cameron Phillips (Terminator Series), Marcus Hamilton (Buffyverse), Kroenen (Hellboy)
    vs.
    Imhotep (The Mummy), Koragg (Power Rangers), Tyzonn *silver* (Power Rangers), Kira Ford *yellow* (Power Rangers), Karone (Power Rangers), Frozone (The Incredibles), Selene (Underworld), Data (Star Trek), Hellboy (Hellboy), Michael Corvin (Underworld), Jack O?Neill/Samantha Carter (Stargate), Lucian (Underworld), Alien Queen (Alien series), Grindor (Transformers)[/quote]

Now this match is alot closer. Im going to do abit more of a breakdown for this.

Powerpicks: Now Nebulous has a very good top two. However the White Witch is slightly lagging. But given that it is a team battle, she will be prepared. And have people to protect her while she does her thing. Power Trippin' has a very good top guy in Imhotep. But I don't think Koragg or Tyzonn would stand up to either Illyria or Glory, or even the white witch for that matter. Power goes to Nebulous.

Fighting: Nebulous is quite heavy on the fighting, and easily beats Power Trippin' on this one.

Tech: This one goes to Power Trippin'. The experience and intellect of Data, Samantha and Grindor, is greater than that of what the Predator, Ba'al and Cameron brings to the table.

Magic: Saruman, 'nuff said. I dont really see any magic on the side of Power Trippin'

Everything said, its certainly close. But I think this match goes too...
    Winner: Nebulous Evil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.