main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Movie and Television Character Draft: Take 4 (matches in process!)

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by JediKnight20043, Sep 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004

Warner Brothers Conference

Nebulous Evil-3 vs. 2-Teikoku Alexanders
    Marcus Hamilton (Buffyverse) vs. Theo Martin *blue* (Power Rangers)

I can already tell this is going to get voted down, but it absolutely should not be. Theo is faster (much), more skilled (much, much), and has so many, many more attack options available to him, including flight and ranged attacks. Now, if you're still not impressed with most Rangers because you aren't seeing it in the production values, you definitely have to see it in Jungle Fury, because it seems to have a bigger budget than any of the other incarnations (it being the latest). Theo, easily, against someone who should give him a good fight, only because he won't go down very easily.

The Return of Bruno-4 vs. 1-~Two Bees in a Bucket~
    Donatello/Michaelangelo (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) TRUMPED w/ Jack Burton/Wang Chi (Big Trouble in Little China) *PREPARED* vs. Daggeron (Power Rangers)

I'd like to vote for the trump, but I don't see it happening. Daggeron.

Power Trippin'-4 vs. 1-Return of Evil
    Grindor (Transformers) vs. Agent Smith (The Matrix)

Smith should have no trouble with Grindor.

Universal Pictures Conference

Need More Trenchcoats-3 vs. 2-Rorschach and the Shell Beach Bums
    Duncan MacLeod (Highlander) vs. Chewbacca/Han Solo (Star Wars) TRUMPED w/ Jango Fett (Star Wars)

Well, normally I'd vote for Jango, but, as of The Source, I think Duncan can take him. I dunno. That's a close one with the other two there.

The Rulers of Oblivion-2 vs. 3-Altus Obscurum(The Hidden Darkness)
    Agent Henry Carver (Push) *PREPARED* vs. Borg Queen (Star Trek)

I don't believe Carver can push the Queen.

The Rainbow Connection-2 vs. 3-Turning the Tyide
    Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter) vs. Edward Cullen (Twilight) *PREPARED*

Being prepared, I definitely think Cullen has the speed to avoid Dumbledore's initial attacks, and then can put him away before he gets into any more serious stuff.

2. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Yeah, way back when I was arguing for the Ghostbusters/Turtles trump, I had to spend so much of my time and energy harping on the Ghostbusters and their weapons that I never really got into how good (and especially how strong) the turtles are. I may have picked them early, but they're still underrated and far from worthless.

Buuuuuuuut... ****. This isn't the match to get into it, since, yeah, Daggeron is better than my trump. I will go so far as to say that they have a definite puncher's chance with the prep, though.

3. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    They've got no chance in hell.

Oh, they're not fighting in hell. Never mind then.

4. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Well, I mean like one out of, like, three hundred. If that, really. Basically Daggeron has to roll a one. ;)

And for God's sake, if you guys are seriously thinking about giving that match to Hamilton, just please (please please please) watch the following two videos.

Skip to the 4:00 mark. Has Marcus shown speed or skill or agility that's even remotely close to that? No, the ABSOLUTE FACT is that he has not. And that's not even close to Theo's peak ability.

Here's something that's closer to his peak, but still isn't there. Skip to the 0:30 mark. That's after they unlock the Jungle Master mode. Can you honestly say that Marcus would be capable of doing that to a boulder of that size? If so, I would sincerely love to know which "lost" episodes of Angel you've been watching, because he hasn't shown that level of strength.

And that's still not Theo's peak, mind you. He later gains the power of flight, and also just more skill and experience in general. It is a fact that Theo is much faster, much more skilled, much more agile, much stronger and that he has long range attacks that Marcus lacks and flight that Marcus lacks. Please. PLEASE. The Illyria call was bad enough. Stop being silly with these Ranger robberies. Please?

5. JediKnight20043

JediKnight20043 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 18, 2004
    Whats this? Empire voting for Cullen.

But anyway I agree.

I should have made it clear in the last round that the Illyria, doggie match was close. And Marcus<< Illyria, and Theo IMO>>> Doggie. And before anyone says Marcus beat Illyria etc. He did that when she was in her weakened state. So yeah Theo wins.

6. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I agree that the match is close but I am thinking that the trump gives me it. I'm thinking Jango's skills as a warrior are very similar to Duncan's. The Mandorlian discipline makes Jango as strong mentally as Duncan. Which I think is Duncan's strong point. His Achilles Heal is technology which Jango is very skilled with. We've seen Duncan dodge bullets but Jango is packing much more heat than merely bullets. Chewbacca and Han Solo I think are able to hold their own in this fight, they wouldn't win it on their own I think but they give Jango enough of a cushion to secure a victory

7. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Jango is a bum. That is the biggest point.

And, are Han and Chewie going to immediately work with someone who looks like Boba Fett? Isn't this the movies/tv draft? With no books, Han and Chewie are left at the point where Fett is pretty much a mortal enemy right?

8. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    The Fetts are bounty hunters. They have no convinctions and go to who pays best.

9. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Duncan still feels pain, immortal or not if he gets hit with a blaster or burned by Fett's flamethrower he is going to be hurting badly....enough to not continue pointlessly swinging a sword at an armored man? Yeah, probably so.

I don't think Fett, Han and Chewie would have an issue working together. Han and Chewie don't know Jango. They also would probably be inclined to work with anyone who is helping them fight off a sword wielding attacker.

I don't see Duncan winning that.

10. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Then you need to watch the latest Highlander movie.

Anyway, Han and Chewie know what a Mandalorian is. They won't automatically think it's Boba Fett.

11. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    And even in the book. Han had a very hard time working with Fett. It was only because his desire to get Thrackan was so strong that he even agreed to do it.

12. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    Also... next match number 1. There are so many forfeits in this round, I am just going to vote alongside matchups. If people want to argue, then If successful I will change my vote.

Nebulous Evil-3 vs. 3-Teikoku Alexanders
    Benglo (Power Rangers) vs. Bumblebee (Transformers) TRUMPED w/The Doctor (Dr. Who) / Jack Harkness (Torchwood) *PREPARED*
    Well, seems Benglo is on the wrong side of the Doctor phenomenon.

The Return of Bruno-4 vs. 2-~Two Bees in a Bucket~
    Castiel (Supernatural) vs. Peter Petrelli (Heroes)
    Wow an absolute beast of a match. Im not sure however that Peter would know how to take Castiel down as he is nothing like what Peter has facede. Peter on the otherhand is just human.

Power Trippin'-4 vs. 1-Return of Evil
    Data (Star Trek) TRUMPED w/ Alien Queen vs. T-1000 (Terminator)(forfeit)

Need More Trenchcoats-4 vs. 2-Rorschach and the Shell Beach Bums
    Agent K (Men In Black) *no b-level material**PREPARED* vs. Jango Fett (Star Wars)(forfeit)

The Rulers of Oblivion-2 vs. 4-Altus Obscurum(The Hidden Darkness)
    Willow Rosenberg (Buffyverse) vs. The Jade Warlord (The Forbidden Kingdom)(forfeit)

The Rainbow Connection-2 vs. 4-Turning the Tyide
    Shane Clarke, *red* (Power Rangers) vs. Griffin (Jumper)(forfeit)

13. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    I...agree...yes.

14. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    Next number...9

Nebulous Evil-3 vs. 4-Teikoku Alexanders
    Mig (Power Rangers) vs. Caleb Danvers (The Covenant)

The Return of Bruno-5 vs. 2-~Two Bees in a Bucket~
    Jack Burton/Wang Chi (Big Trouble in Little China)(forfeit) vs. Seraph (The Matrix) TRUMPED w/ Morpheus/Trinity (The Matrix)

Power Trippin'-5 vs. 2-Return of Evil
    Selene (Underworld) TRUMPED w/ Frozone (The Incredibles) vs. Viktor (Underworld)

Need More Trenchcoats-5 vs. 2-Rorschach and the Shell Beach Bums
    Dash/Violet (The Incredibles) vs. Tyler Durden (Fight Club)

The Rulers of Oblivion-3 vs. 4-Altus Obscurum(The Hidden Darkness)
    Boba Fett (Star Wars) *PREPARED* vs. Durza (Eragon) *no b-level material*

The Rainbow Connection-3 vs. 4-Turning the Tyide
    Tron (Tron) *PREPARED* vs. T-X (Terminator)

15. musicevangelist

musicevangelist Jedi Master star 1

Sep 15, 2004
    Tyler is a very strong normal human, but what does he have to counteract the speed of Dash or Violet's force fields? Thought so :) This is a slam dunk really.

16. Clizzark

Clizzark Jedi Youngling

Mar 5, 2010
    Oops, didn't mean to post in here. But since I did, I might as well post a comment.

I agree that the Power Rangers are overrated (I've sat through a bunch of their lame videos because I've judged these characters before) and didn't come off as being that impressed. It's all cheesy choreographed fights between Power Rangers and usually some pretty crappy opponents. Often times, Rangers wave their hands around taking up time to power up and to use an attack while their idiot opponent usually just stands there and waits to be hit. What characters outside of PR opponents would just stand there and wait for a Ranger to attack them? Durron linked to video where it took the PR about 7 or 8 seconds to get off an attack after beginning it. You think someone like Glory would just stand there waiting? She could be miles away by the time that attack got off. And no, that would absolutely not put any kind of serious hurt on either of Glory or Illyria. What it took to actually hurt Glory was a plot device - a Dagon Sphere, which depowered Glory, then a spell from Willow which depowered Glory again, a wrecking ball and then a weapon from a God. Though, that seemed to be another plot device since the Troll wasn't a God when they got the hammer from it. And, I don't remember anything hurting Illyria before she got depowered. I'm not saying that she wouldn't be hurt by anything, but a small explosion like that wouldn't do much. And yes, I've seen vids of PR attacks with bigger explosions than that. I understand that some of those PRs are pretty powerful, but still, their attacks usually need time to power up.

Sorry for butting in and rehashing an old argument, but it was a 'since I'm here' type thing.

17. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    You're very welcome to post comments :)

18. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Where did you judge them before? You seem familiar with the draft system, and I've yet to find one anywhere else online. I've tried to start one at a few different places but it's always shot down. I'd be curious to know how things went elsewhere(or maybe it was just part of a vs forum somewhere).

Anyway.

Mig, trumps, and preps. That's how I'm voting.

19. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    EDIT: Oh yeah, and agreed although I think the Selene/Frozone Viktor battle is very close.

Due to the insane amount of forfeits I am going to do the last two numbers together. Next match number...2,4

Nebulous Evil-4 vs. 4-Teikoku Alexanders
    White Witch (Chronicles of Narnia) vs. Sing (Kung Fu Hustle)
    Ba?al (Stargate) *PREPARED* vs. The Doctor (Dr. Who) / Jack Harkness (Torchwood)(forfeit)

The Return of Bruno-5 vs. 3-~Two Bees in a Bucket~
    Prisoner KSC2-303 (Versus)(forfeit) vs. Ironhide (Transformers)
    Optimus Prime (Transformers) vs. Morpheus/Trinity (The Matrix)(forfeit)

Power Trippin'-6 vs. 2-Return of Evil
    Frozone (The Incredibles)(forfeit) vs. Syndrome (The Incredibles) *PREPARED*
    Alien Queen (Alien series)(forfeit) vs. Lilith (Supernatural) *PREPARED*

Need More Trenchcoats-6 vs. 2-Rorschach and the Shell Beach Bums
    Buffy Summers (Buffyverse)(forfeit) vs. John Murdoch (Dark City)
    Stitch (Lilo and Stitch) *PREPARED* vs. Agent Thompson (The Matrix)

The Rulers of Oblivion-4 vs. 4-Altus Obscurum(The Hidden Darkness)
    Emperor Han (The Mummy) vs. Bellatrix Lestrange (Harry Potter)
    Chase Collins (The Covenant) vs. Kamdor (Power Rangers)

The Rainbow Connection-4 vs. 4-Turning the Tyide
    Mr. Incredible (The Incredibles)(forfeit) vs. Sylar (Heroes) *PREPARED*
    Adam Park *green* (Power Rangers) vs. General Grievous (Star Wars)

20. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Sucks about some of those preps.

21. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    I don't know much about Lestrange, but Emperor Han is pretty beastly and magical himself. But I doubt Chase could take Kamdor even on a good day.

I'll look into what Lestrange can do though and get back to you guys. Though if the judges already know who's better, I doubt I could change their minds with a day or two of study.

Evil.

22. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    The only one I am stuck on is the Stitch vs Agent Thompson match. Arguements are welcomed.

23. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I'm leaning toward Bellatrix, but I haven't made up my mind for sure. Arguments are welcome, unless EF and JK vote for her first.

24. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    General Grievous can win this.

25. musicevangelist

musicevangelist Jedi Master star 1

Sep 15, 2004
    Stitch has got the intelligence to use his Prep time effectively. Thompson is a formidable opponent it is true, but I think the prep in this case makes the decision. Stitch is fast, strong, durable and smart.

Stitch is bulletproof which takes out one of Thompson's weapons and the durablity and strength along with hand to hand skills take care of the rest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.