main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Movie and Television Character Draft: Take 4 (matches in process!)

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by JediKnight20043, Sep 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Well um yeah, it is a 3 day holiday weekend and a lot of people may have not been around....I mean seriously...you posted matches mid morning on Saturday (which if people are going to be going away for the weekend they would already be gone) and then gave them till really early today (which often times people would be coming back today).

More often than not commissioners tend to be ultra lenient over a holiday weekend because they understand that people have lives, but hey if you want to be strict about it that is fine I guess.

2. musicevangelist

musicevangelist Jedi Master star 1

Sep 15, 2004
    Sorry, I had almost given up on this moving again. I usually check every couple of days, must have got my timing wrong.

3. JediKnight20043

JediKnight20043 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 18, 2004
    Had I realised it was a holiday weekend then I probably would have. But hey, we don't really tend to take too much notice of them in Britain. I only found out it was bank holiday this afternoon. So...

4. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    Warner Brothers Conference

Power Trippin'-0 vs. 0-~Two Bees in a Bucket~
    Alien Queen (Alien series) TRUMPED w/ Data (Star Trek)(*PREPARED*) vs. Landlady (Kung Fu Hustle) TRUMPED w/ Daggeron (Power Rangers)
    Probably going to be an unpopular decision, but meh, the other two judges can vote against if they wish. Now this match dwells on the factor of can Data with 24hours, and his expertise knowledge of the environment figure out somehow to defeat Daggeron and the Landlady. I beleive that there is one Star Trek character who could pull that off, and its Data. Not only because he is faster and alot stronger than any other Star Trek character but also because he is a hell of a lot smarter. All in all with prep, it makes this fairly close. But with the environment at his disposal, and his knowledge of it. It tips it over the edge.
    Winner: Data, with a slashed up dead Alien Queen as some kind of bait

Nebulous Evil-0 vs. 0-The Return of Bruno
    Glory (Buffyverse) vs. Optimus Prime (Transformers)
    Another hard one. Optimus Prime is larger, has more weaponary, and possibly stronger, but I doubt it. His size works against him here due to the environment, but the cargo bays are fairly large. While Optimus has alot of firepower, none of that will really hurt Glory. Yes it will slow her down, and possibly beat her about. But there is nothing that Optimus has that can defeat her. Glory will have a very hard time, but eventually she will rip off something important and he will fall.
    Winner: Glory

Return of Evil-0 vs. 0-Teikoku Alexanders
    Lilith (Supernatural) TRUMPED w/ Lord Marshall (Chronicles of Riddick) vs. Caleb Danvers (The Covenant)
    Lol Caleb is going to get owned.
    Winner: Lilith trump

Universal Pictures Conference

The Rulers of Oblivion-0 vs. 0-Rorschach and the Shell Beach Bums
    Willow Rosenberg (Buffyverse) vs. Jango Fett (Star Wars) TRUMPED w/ Roy Batty (Blade Runner)
    Tempted to argue for Jango, what with the laser an' all. But he's not prepared and stands not much of a chance really.
    Winner: Willow

The Rainbow Connection-0 vs. 0-Altus Obscurum(The Hidden Darkness)
    Adam Park *green* (Power Rangers) vs. Kamdor (Power Rangers)
    Ooo could Adam take him on his own?? Yes he could what with being the good guy and all.
    Winner: Adam Park

Turning the Tyide-0 vs. 0-Need More Trenchcoats
    Griffin (Jumper) TRUMPED w/ Violet Song jat Shariff (Ultraviolet) vs. Shrek (Shrek)[/quote]
    Lol, sim strikes again. Now Shrek is a fairly powerful character, if he was fighting a low-end hand-to-hand combatant I might give it to him. Not these guys though.
    Winner: TRUMP

5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I agree with all but the first. The first I'll have to do some research on tonight, unless EF judges before I get on.

6. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    and possibly stronger, but I doubt it.

[face_tired]

But there is nothing that Optimus has that can defeat her.

[face_plain]

7. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Oh well.

Data cannot beat Daggeron. He cannot prep enough for that. And Landlady is a handful herself, so. Yeah. Gotta disagree.

Also, Adam wins because he's better, not because he's the good guy. Kamdor is pretty meh when it comes to the villains, otherwise being a villain against one Ranger would usually result in a win.

Also also, PRIIIIMMMEEE

8. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I'm going to agree with EF on the first match.

9. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    Shadow, unless you argue beforehand, quit your whining. Also, I see you fail to offer counterargument. And here we go with the wrecking ball scenario again. Failing to notice, that a) she had been weakened by magic from Willow. Who is one of the best characters in this draft, yes not as powerful as she becomes but still. Also the fact that really she wasnt even that phazed. Im not going to argue for this again though. Your and EF's underating of Glory and Illyria is clear to see.

EF, I didn't think you would agree on the first match. But on the Adam match, of course it is because he was better. You may have noticed that I don't write down every single little reason why. By voting for him in the first place I'm voting that he is better.

Also, I am out of the country for 6 days. See you then.

10. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Any chance I get to say that Adam is better I will take it.

11. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    You sure showed me, JK.

12. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    I saw that ep like, 2 weeks ago. Didn't Glory recover from Willow's attack and still get wrecked? And beat with a shovel or something? I was really disappointed actually. Even the "gods" on that show are hideously weak.

13. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    You maybe referring to the Troll's Hammer. The only thing that can actually kill her. Anyway, new matches up tomorrow as I have only just got back from Spain.

14. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    The only thing that can actually kill her

Now I'm wondering if you've even seen this show. Because that's, umm, quite incorrect.

15. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Can you blame anyone for not watching it?

Drivel is the closest word I can find think of to describe it.

16. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    Moving on.

Number 4

Power Trippin'-0 vs. 1-~Two Bees in a Bucket~
    Imhotep (The Mummy) vs. John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan (Stargate) TRUMPED w/ Ironhide (Transformers)

Nebulous Evil-1 vs. 0-The Return of Bruno
    Marcus Hamilton (Buffyverse) vs. Eric Draven (The Crow) TRUMPED w/ Donatello/Michaelangelo (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)

Return of Evil-1 vs. 0-Teikoku Alexanders
    Megatron (Transformers) TRUMPED w/ Burai (Casshern) vs. Theo Martin *blue* (Power Rangers)

The Rulers of Oblivion-1 vs. 0-Rorschach and the Shell Beach Bums
    Chase Collins (The Covenant) vs. Tyler Durden (Fight Club) TRUMPED w/ Chewbacca/Han Solo (Star Wars)

The Rainbow Connection-1 vs. 0-Altus Obscurum(The Hidden Darkness)
    Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter) vs. The Beast (Buffyverse)

Turning the Tyide-1 vs. 0-Need More Trenchcoats
    Edward Cullen (Twilight) (*PREPARED*) vs. Agent K (Men In Black) *no b-level material*

17. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Any arguments? I'd particularly like to see on the third match, since I"m not familiar with how high Theo is ranked.

18. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    Why are we even continuing this draft. No one seems interested. Iv tried to get it going again. But meh. Only one more match until playoffs.

Power Trippin'-0 vs. 1-~Two Bees in a Bucket~
    Imhotep (The Mummy) vs. John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan (Stargate) TRUMPED w/ Ironhide (Transformers)
    Not a chance
    Winner: Imhotep

Nebulous Evil-1 vs. 0-The Return of Bruno
    Marcus Hamilton (Buffyverse) vs. Eric Draven (The Crow) TRUMPED w/ Donatello/Michaelangelo (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
    Now this is an interesting one Eric cant be taken out with any ease. But neither can Marcus. He then has the TMNTs to deal with as well. And he will be overwhelmed with the skill of them. This one could go eitherway but my vote goes for.
    Winner: Trump

Return of Evil-1 vs. 0-Teikoku Alexanders
    Megatron (Transformers) TRUMPED w/ Burai (Casshern) vs. Theo Martin *blue* (Power Rangers)
    Probably going to be an unpopular decision. But the way I see it, even if my eyes are somehow closed to the ultimate power of the rangers, this is a tough match but will only go one way. Yes Theo is powerful, but not only does he have Burai to deal with, who is fast strong and powerful in his own right. But he also has Megatron. This would be a close match if it was just against Megatron, but Burai tips it over the edge.

Chase Collins (The Covenant) vs. Tyler Durden (Fight Club) TRUMPED w/ Chewbacca/Han Solo (Star Wars)
    Tyler is going to get his ass kicked. However he will be nice bait for Chewie and Han to blast him.

The Rainbow Connection-1 vs. 0-Altus Obscurum(The Hidden Darkness)
    Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter) vs. The Beast (Buffyverse)
    Lol. If he were prepared this would be a totally different match.
    Winner: The Beast

Turning the Tyide-1 vs. 0-Need More Trenchcoats
    Edward Cullen (Twilight) (*PREPARED*) vs. Agent K (Men In Black) *no b-level material*
    Wow, Agent K is going to get owned. He won't even see what hit him.
    Winner: The Vampire

19. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    The judging in this draft is strange.

I have really all but checked out of this draft, but that does not mean I can let poor judging slip through the cracks. Imhotep is way over-rated, and in this setting he will be hamstringed. There is no sand to manipulate, and while his offensive options are probably enough to take on the 2 Stargate characters it will not do a damn thing to Ironhide.

"When he was restored to full power, Imhotep gained several powers, including regeneration, invulnerability, turning himself into sand, and controlling the desert sands, as well as the ability to wield the Ten Plagues of Egypt to an unspecified degree; he was seen to turn water to blood, unleashing locusts, and control the people of the city by inflicting them with boils and sores (Although these last were used before he regained his full powers, which may account for him only using some of the plagues rather than all of them)."

What power is going to give him the upper hand on Ironhide? How will he even be able to put a single dent into the Transformer? Flesh eating locusts? Sand or water manipulation (when there is no sand or water on the Enterprise)?

Was there any thought put into this judgement at all? I may have actually posted something on this match if I thought that anyone was actually considering voting for Imhotep, there is honestly no way he could win this.

PS: that Dumbledore vs Beast judgement is a joke as well.

20. captain-fantastic

captain-fantastic Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2007
    How does Dumbledore lose, exactly? I'll need to see your thinking on that one so I can respond.

21. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    Sorry, I didn't read that match properly and thought it was The Beast from Kung Fu Hustle.
    I am flipping my judgement to Dumbledore on that one.

However I am not flipping my judgement on the Imhotep one. All you need to argue in his favour is written in that argument. Invulnarable, regenerative. They are the reasons why Ironside is going to have a damn hard time defeating him. I think you severely underestimate the power of the plagues. Not only could he swarm ironside with so many locusts that the robot won't be able to see (just an example), but why not use the plague of thunder and hail to say, blow a hole in the hull of the ship right next to Ironhide, effectively blowing him into space and therefore giving the win to Imhotep, or even blast Ironhide with so much electricity that it short circuits him. I wish I could put my arguments in a better way. But I am just not that skilled at it. I really wish you would argue like this before judgements are made. Why don't you assume that I am going to make a bad call, and argue to stop it. And that goes for everyone.

22. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    I am not the most religious person in the world but I don't remember a plague of thunder and hail. Also how would either thunder or small ice balls hurt a robot? Thunder is a sound that has never hurt me and I am only a human, and personally I enjoy playing outside in hails storms.

And using the environment as one of the largest factors in getting a win.... that's the lamest argument since throwing Juggernaut into space.

23. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    Dang it, very well I shall flip my judgement. Ironhide wins. Barely.

As to the point of environments. What is the point of having them, if they make hardly a difference ;-) Also I guess we are completely negating the fact that Ironhide will be barely able to move inside the confines of the Enterprise.

And Chim, "The LORD sent thunder and hail, and lightning flashed down to the ground. So the LORD rained hail on the land of Egypt; hail fell and lightning flashed back and forth. It was the worst storm in all the land of Egypt since it had become a nation." - Exodus 9. Oh noes I've quoted the bible. Damn you Chim, damn you. Also, I should have said in the last one lightning, not thunder my mistake.

24. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    I'm just going to agree then. Ironhide and Imhotep can do basically nothing to each other in this environment. Imhotep doesn't know a thing about this guy, and he can just be sand the whole time, so he can't really be beaten by Ironhide either.

Could Theo take the trump? Probably, but I'm not going to worry about it.

25. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    Next number...6

Power Trippin'-0 vs. 2-~Two Bees in a Bucket~
    Koragg (Power Rangers) vs. Ironhide (Transformers)(forfeit)

Nebulous Evil-1 vs. 1-The Return of Bruno
    Gabriel Yu-Law (The One) (*PREPARED*) vs. Prisoner KSC2-303 (Versus)

Return of Evil-2 vs. 0-Teikoku Alexanders
    Apophis (Stargate) TRUMPED w/ Viktor (Underworld) vs. Bumblebee (Transformers) TRUMPED w/ The Doctor (Dr. Who) / Jack Harkness (Torchwood)(*PREPARED*)

Adam (Buffyverse) TRUMPED w/ Agent Jones (The Matrix) vs. John Murdoch (Dark City)

The Rainbow Connection-2 vs. 0-Altus Obscurum(The Hidden Darkness)
    Shane Clarke, *red* (Power Rangers) vs. Lord Voldemort (Harry Potter)

Turning the Tyide-2 vs. 0-Need More Trenchcoats
    Starscream (Transformers) vs. Connor MacLeod/Juan Sanchez Villa-Lobos Ramirez (Highlander)

I'd like arguments on the Gabriel vs the Prisoner match. They are both similar characters. I'd like to see what you think should push the judgement in their favour.

Also I'd like argument on Shane Clarke vs Voldemort.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.