main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Movie and Television Character Draft: Take 4 (matches in process!)

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by JediKnight20043, Sep 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. captain-fantastic

captain-fantastic Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2007
    Here's the thing. Both of these guys are fast, if you are going to give Voldemort the apparition (sp?) we see from the other Death Eaters in OotP. I don't think he can move faster than the eye can see, and he certainly can't attack while flying around like that. He has to materialize first. Shane doesn't have this problem. Any spell that he can see, such as an AK for instance, can easily be dodged by that kind of speed, to say nothing of him simply appearing behind Voldemort and ending the fight right there. It seems to me, you see, that the HP characters have two main weaknesses: speed, particularly in relation to melee attacks, and durability. In both of those areas, Voldy is outclassed.

2. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
  3. JediKnight20043

JediKnight20043 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 18, 2004
    Thank you for arguing.

Capfan. What you say about Voldemort is true, mostly. Both Voldemort and Dumbledore have shown the ability to shield themselves from both magical and physical harm. How do you think Shane would be able to counter this. HP characters have also been shown to use powerful area of effect spells. How also do you expect Shane to counter this?

4. captain-fantastic

Jan 10, 2007
    To be honest, I'm more familiar with Voldemort than I am with Shane. However, there are a couple of defensive things Shane can do that would help him out greatly against Voldy. First, Voldy likes to get inside people's minds, and if they're "open" or unguarded, he can. Harry couldn't keep him out, but Harry had no mental defense whatsoever. Shane does, and so Voldemort would not only waste precious time trying to get in, he might even fail in the process. Note that this also would affect Voldy's ability to effectively cast the Imperius Curse on him, as people with mental defenses/strong will can fight it off.

I know that doesn't answer either of your questions, but I left that out the first time and thought that I should point it out. Now, I think I have an answer to your questions. Power Rangers already have pretty good durability, so things like simple fire spells like the one Voldemort used against Dumbledore in OotP wouldn't put him down for the count. Let's not forget that Shane has control over the wind, so using bursts of wind as a shield against certain spells would be an option. I would also assume that he gets his zord, which would not only add to his durability but to his offensive capability as well. He can also utilize Battlizer Armor, which augments both power and durability. I think once it registers with Shane just how powerful Voldemort is, he will utilize one if not both of these items, and honestly I think Voldemort will have a difficult time countering the zord in particular.

5. musicevangelist

musicevangelist Jedi Master star 1

Sep 15, 2004
    Would love to argue this match but my two immortals don't really have any defense against Starscream as far as I can see.

6. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    Didn't even realize this was going again, now I have to start paying attention

7. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004

Warner Brothers Conference

Nebulous Evil-1 vs. 1-The Return of Bruno
    Gabriel Yu-Law (The One) (*PREPARED*) vs. Prisoner KSC2-303 (Versus)

It's a good fight, but the Prisoner is more durable. Maybe stronger. Probably stronger. And, after his awakening, not short on experience.

Return of Evil-2 vs. 0-Teikoku Alexanders
    Apophis (Stargate) TRUMPED w/ Viktor (Underworld) vs. Bumblebee (Transformers) TRUMPED w/ The Doctor (Dr. Who) / Jack Harkness (Torchwood)(*PREPARED*)

My brother has been watching some old episodes of Dr. Who. It's safe to say that my opinion of him has not weakened, and Bumblebee really shouldn't have much trouble. Viktor's speed is a bit of a problem, though. Not enough of one. Bumblebee

Universal Pictures Conference

The Rulers of Oblivion-1 vs. 0-Rorschach and the Shell Beach Bums
    Adam (Buffyverse) TRUMPED w/ Agent Jones (The Matrix) vs. John Murdoch (Dark City)

I think it's too much, especially given the setting. There's not a whole lot for Murdoch to fling around. I like the trump.

The Rainbow Connection-2 vs. 0-Altus Obscurum(The Hidden Darkness)
    Shane Clarke, *red* (Power Rangers) vs. Lord Voldemort (Harry Potter)

Honestly, I don't believe Voldemort has any kind of chance. Against maybe a lesser Ranger, certainly not Shane.

Turning the Tyide-2 vs. 0-Need More Trenchcoats
    Starscream (Transformers) vs. Connor MacLeod/Juan Sanchez Villa-Lobos Ramirez (Highlander)

Not enough offense, and definitely not enough speed or durability against his weapons. Starscream may not get a kill, but a KO is certainly easy enough.

8. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    I don't think the Voldemort match is as one sided as Empire makes out. Voldey could certainly hold his own against Shane. But perhaps Shane's speed is abit too much for him. I agree.

Next number 10.

Warner Brothers Conference

Power Trippin'-1 vs. 2-~Two Bees in a Bucket~
    Kira Ford *yellow* (Power Rangers) TRUMPED w/ Karone (Power Rangers) vs. Jean-Luc Picard/William T. Riker/Worf (Star Trek) TRUMPED w/ Landlord (Kung Fu Hustle)

Nebulous Evil-1 vs. 2-The Return of Bruno
    Mig (Power Rangers) vs. Castiel (Supernatural) (*PREPARED*)

Return of Evil-2 vs. 1-Teikoku Alexanders
    T-1000 (Terminator) TRUMPED w/ T-800 (Terminator) vs. The Doctor (Dr. Who) / Jack Harkness (Torchwood)(forfeit)

Universal Pictures Conference

The Rulers of Oblivion-2 vs. 1-Rorschach and the Shell Beach Bums
    Marcus Corvinus (Underworld) vs. Lestat (Queen of the Damned) *no B-level material*

The Rainbow Connection-3 vs. 0-Altus Obscurum(The Hidden Darkness)
    Robocop (Robocop) vs. The Beast (Kung Fu Hustle)

Turning the Tyide-3 vs. 0-Need More Trenchcoats
    Jared Nomak (Blade) TRUMPED w/ Alice (Resident Evil) vs. Dash/Violet (The Incredibles)

9. captain-fantastic

Jan 10, 2007
    And Robocop takes one for the team.

10. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    I'd like abit of argument on the Mig/Castiel match and the Marcus/Lestat match.

11. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    I prepped Cas because of all the opponents on this team that would've been right up his alley with what he could bring to a fight. You know, Glory, Illyria, White Witch... pretty much anyone except those more tech-based Ranger characters, actually. And of course, that's who he draws. His prep doesn't really do much for him here.

I would say that Mig could probably just as easily be put to sleep, but that seems a far less likely scenario after he got his cyborg upgrade. And I'm assuming that's how he is here, that being his peak and all.

Bleh.

12. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    I thought I already did this, but I guess that was just in my head.

Kira Ford *yellow* (Power Rangers) TRUMPED w/ Karone (Power Rangers) vs. Jean-Luc Picard/William T. Riker/Worf (Star Trek) TRUMPED w/ Landlord (Kung Fu Hustle)

Well, this one is interesting. Oh, wait, I thought that was the Beast, not Landlord. Still pretty interesting, but much easier. The Trekkers could be handled by either ranger, and Landlord isn't winning any fight against one of them conclusively. So, eventually he's going to lose his support group, and it will be two on one. He doesn't win that.

Rangers

Mig (Power Rangers) vs. Castiel (Supernatural) (*PREPARED*)

Yeah, cyborg Mig can take this. I think. Still haven't been able to watch Supernatural, but what I've shows that he's not the strongest guy out there, although he is a real pain to hurt. I've got Mig since I don't think any of Castiel's fancier tricks will work.

T-1000 (Terminator) TRUMPED w/ T-800 (Terminator)

Marcus Corvinus (Underworld) vs. Lestat (Queen of the Damned) *no B-level material*

No B-level? No win.

Marcus

Robocop (Robocop) vs. The Beast (Kung Fu Hustle)

Interesting. Not in doubt.

The Beast

Jared Nomak (Blade) TRUMPED w/ Alice (Resident Evil) vs. Dash/Violet (The Incredibles)

It would be nice to think that the kids could take this, and I wish they could, but they just don't have the experience to be as effective as their powers could be. This will be a very sad fight.

Jared/Alice

13. musicevangelist

musicevangelist Jedi Master star 1

Sep 15, 2004
    I am gonna drop out of this, I do not have the time anymore.

14. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    Agree on all matches.

As for the Castiel one, even without prep he is still deadly. There isnt really anything Mig can do to hurt Castiel. While I don't think that anything Castiel has done would get through Mig's armour. Now in the season finale of Supernatural. Castiel gets a major major boost in power. I mean he brings people back from the dead and all sorts, arguably he could do that in reverse. Much like how Zachariah tortures Sam and Dean by giving them stomach ulcers and breaking legs just by clicking. However I beleive that that episode came out after the draft has started so we cant use it.

On another note, I am going to have to make yet another apology for my absence. I am in the middle of moving/starting a new job. So I will be unable to put up anymore match for probably another week or two.

15. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    So, yeah, Predators. Badass flick, no doubt, but now more than ever, the idea of a predator (any predator) even being in the same league as someone like Megatron (prep or no) is just completely laughable. They just aren't all that. Not even close.

But again, really fun movie. Hanzo ftw.

16. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Too late, but I agree on them all. Not really any tough ones here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.