main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Movie and TV Character MINI Draft

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Jun 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    5, 9, 8

Arbitration-Based Reality (a star war) (3) vs. The Upright Combination (Jabba-wocky) (0)

Holtzman (Ghostbusters) vs. Agent Jessup (Fringe)
    Lucy (Lucy) vs. Cigarette Smoking Man (X-Files) (Prep)
    T1000 (Terminator 2) vs. Prince Jai (Curse of the Golden Flower)

Bartlet For America (dp4m) (2) vs. Don't Let Your Memes be Dreams (DarkEagle) (1)

Joan Rivers (E! Red Carpet) TRUMPED WITH Buffy Summers (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) vs. Faith Lehane (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel)
    Rocket Raccoon (Marvel Cinematic Universe) (Prepared) vs. Dalek Sec (Doctor Who)
    Superman (Christopher Reeves) vs. Jack Bauer (24)

Mr. Rogers' New Neighbors (Mikaboshi) (1) vs. Elijah Wood's Most Wanted (Darth Punk) (2)

Azazel (X: Men First Class) vs. Mr Wednesday (American Gods) TRUMPED with Lagertha (Vikings)
    The Bride (Kill Bill) vs. John Constantine (Constantine TV show) (Prepared)
    The Undertaker (WWE Smackdown) vs. Hannibal Smith (The A Team) (Prepared)

2. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    lol
    I'll get something up for sec
    Supes

3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

I mean, I should take all of these, but... DAT FIRST MATCH THOUGH!!!

Holy schnikes, that's amazing!

Rivers: "Can we talk? What are you supposed to be, some sort of slutty Halloween costume of a vampire slayer?"

Yodaminch and PRENNTACULAR like this.
  4. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    Can I just ask how you can think your horse is so high when you've got the cigarette smoking man on your team?

5. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Just a reminder:

[​IMG]

And her winning the first time. :p

[​IMG]

Juliet316 likes this.
  6. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Jack vs. Superman is hysterical. Because Jack is literally the closest you get to Batman if Batman used lethal force all the time.

And Joan takes down Faith with her razor sharp comedic timing while Buffy takes notes on a whole different way of slaying.

dp4m likes this.
  7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Just a quibble: John Reese (Person of Interest) was probably closest to Batman.

8. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005

Which is a bit funny, since I think Jim Cavizel was once considered for the role when Nolan was casting for Batman Begins.

9. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    meta

PRENNTACULAR likes this.
  10. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    [​IMG]
    In case you're planning on watching American Gods, I've put my Mr. Wednesday argument under this spoiler tag.
    In 813 A.D., a Viking ship reaches the shores of North America, where unseen indigenous people force them to retreat by firing a barrage of arrows. The Vikings make several blood sacrifices to Odin; eventually they find a wind to sail home on. Odin remains in America to present day, but as there are no longer any Vikings there to worship him, he has become a conman (because cons require belief). His powers are diminished, but by trumping him with Lagertha (a true believer), his powers are back at full strength. I can prove this by this clip of one of America's new gods (Media) explaining that Odin needs "maybe just one" person to have faith in him. The new gods fear Odin - and rightly so.

By the way, Gillian Anderson knocks it out of the park as Media. She alone is worth watching this show for.

Here's a taste of Odin's power even before his bodyguard Shadow Moon declares his faith in him.

Abilities/Powers: Mr Wednesday knows eighteen charms that he learned while hanging in the World Tree, AND HERE THEY ARE:

1) A charm that can cure harm and sickness and will lift the grief from the heart of the grieving.
    2) A charm that will heal with a touch
    3) A charm that will turn aside the weapons of an enemy
    4) A charm to free himself of all bonds and locks
    5) A charm to catch an arrow in flight and take no harm from it
    6) Spells sent to hurt him will hurt only the sender
    7) He can quench a fire merely by looking at it.
    8) If a man hates him, he can win his friendship.
    9) He can sing the wind to sleep and calm a storm long enough to bring a ship to shore
    10) He can dispel witches, spin them around in the skies so that they can’t find their way home again.
    11) If he sings while battle rages, he can take warriors through the tumult unscathed and bring them safely back to their hearth and home.
    12) If he sees a hanged man, he can bring him down from the gallows and have him whisper what secrets he remembers.
    13) If he sprinkles water on a child’s head, that child will not fall in battle.
    14) He knows the names of the gods, every damned one of them.
    15) If he has a dream of power, of glory and wisdom, he can make people believe that dream
    16) If he needs love he can turn the mind and heart of any woman
    17) No woman he ever wants will ever want another.
    18) A TERRIBLE SECRET THAT NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW BUT HIM?

Also, aside from her being a fearsome warrior in her own right, if there are any doubts that Lagertha is not a true believer.

11. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    [​IMG]
    Apologies, wrong Hannibal.

Meanwhile, Hannibal Smith spends 24 hours prep time in the Kitchen Stadium weaponising the "ice cream machine of doom" with wheels and a cannon, and enables it to fire bottles of liquid nitrogen. As you know, Hannibal doesn't kill people, but sets it to shoot at the undertaker from the knees down. This is to shatter the undertaker's legs, bringing him down from an unwieldy 6' 10", to a manageable 5' 11".

After some one-sided fisticuffs with the legless former WWF superstar, Hannibal then uses one of the kitchen's state of the art infra red hobs to light his victory cigar.

The hob on the undertaker's side of the kitchen, of course.

12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Two words: acetylene torch... modified from creme brulee torch...

Darth Punk likes this.
  13. a star war

May 4, 2016
    That trump is *chef kissing hand emoji*

PRENNTACULAR and Darth Punk like this.
  14. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

My trump or Punk's trump? I was loving mine, even more with the match I got. :p

15. a star war

May 4, 2016
    Odin and a viking

dp4m likes this.
  16. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002

I quibble your quibble: He's totally closer to Batman: Dead wife, Dead dad (sure he sort of killed him but...), dead brother (again sort of Jack's fault), dead girfriends(plural), dead co-workers, dead bosses. Just like Batman. Everyone close to him pretty much dies. Sure Reese is similar. But:

[​IMG]

Question: If Jack is prepped, does he get info from Chloe so he can say "Dammit Chloe!" ?

Darth Punk and dp4m like this.
  17. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
  18. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Judgments tonight, last call for arguments. Will try to keep this as close to 48 hours after Inty posts matches as I can, to keep us rolling.

Also, re:Batman, you're both sort of right and wrong.

Reese - hand-to-hand combat, dark and mysterious, decent technical proficiency. But his motivation is more person-to-person and of the specific network of crime each season, as opposed to fighting crime in general.

Bauer - motivation for justice and to "protect his people," improbable luck, pain tolerance/superhuman stamina. But he kills - a lot.

A few more names that could be mixed are Michael Westen from Burn Notice, who has the detective skills and in-field ingenuity with gadgets, and Sam Fisher from the Ghost Recon game series, who has the mastery of stealth.

19. a star war

May 4, 2016
    Holtzman (Ghostbusters) vs. Agent Jessup (Fringe)
    Nothing to say here. Jessup is an upstanding member of the Federal Bureau of Investigation and is probably very well trained in non-compliance tactics.

Lucy (Lucy) vs. Cigarette Smoking Man (X-Files) (Prep)
    Lucy is too smart to fall for conspiracies about aliens and the flat earth or whatever.

T1000 (Terminator 2) vs. Prince Jai (Curse of the Golden Flower)
    Jai is a skilled warrior but he is a fool and poor tactician. He will be terminated.

20. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
  21. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Change in plans- won't be able to get something up for this one (plus Rocket preps well enough that I'm not sure Sec would win anyways)

22. a star war

May 4, 2016
    Daleks are the most unstoppable beings in the universe what is a raccoon going to do?

23. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

lol

They're blown up with simple anti-tank rockets, my money's on the trash panda.

Also, it's unclear if "peak Sec" is in the humanoid form or not, which is much easier shot -- vs. Rocket actually having to build a gun or explosive. :p

24. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Sec's sustained peak was his pre-hybrid period. He was pretty badass then. Daleks in Manhattan was when he sacrificed himself for the good of the Dalek race by becoming half human. The remaining Daleks no longer trusted him.

25. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    I'm watching a couple eps of American Gods rn and then I'll have judgements up tomorrow morning. So argue if you're going to!

also idfk what a god damn Dalek is and I'm not trying to watch dr. what or whoever so if rocket shouldn't win that match somebody better enlighten me lol

Darth Punk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.