main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Movie and TV Character MINI Draft

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Jun 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    numbers up in a mo.

before that, can I exchange nigel tufnal (spinal tap), for ryuk (death note) in free agency please?

EDIT: numbers are now in

Mikaboshi and DarthIntegral like this.
  2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Jabba-wocky - if numbers aren't in when I get to work tomorrow morning, I'm simming them.

Mikaboshi likes this.
  3. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    Oh, wow. Just took notice of this game. Very very cool. It must make for some very interesting arguments, lol

Have fun you guys. :)

PRENNTACULAR and Mikaboshi like this.
  4. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Round 3

Location: Dunder Mifflin, Scranton Branch (The Office, US Version)
    For all matches, the character(s) listed on the left will start in the Accounting Area, while the character(s) on the right will start in Michael's Office

[​IMG]

It's easy to get in, but it's hard to rise up ...

5, 7, 4

Arbitration-Based Reality (a star war) vs. Mr. Rogers' New Neighbors (Mikaboshi)

Lucy (Lucy) (Prepared) vs. Azazel (X: Men First Class)
    T1000 (Terminator 2) vs. Pinhead (Hellraiser)
    Captain America (Marvel Cinematic Universe) vs. Xenomorph (Alien)

Don't Let Your Dreams Be Memes (DarkEagle) vs. Elijah Wood's Most Wanted Darth Punk)

Jack Bauer (24) Trumped With Jesse Custer (Preacher) vs. Hannibal Smith (The A Team) (Prepared)
    Hale Ceasar (The Expendables) vs. Mr Wednesday (American Gods) TRUMPED with Lagertha (Vikings)
    Jason Bourne (Bourne Series) (Prepared) vs. Luke Skywalker (Star Wars)

The Upright Combination (Jabba-wocky) vs. Bartlet For America (dp4m)

Blade (Blade) vs. Superman (Superman Movies)
    Carl Winslow (Family Matters) vs. Michael Westen (Burn Notice)
    Agent Jessup (Fringe) vs. Rocket Raccoon (Guardians of the Galaxy) (Prepared)

5. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I think mine are pretty straightforward -- if Prenn or heels need anything let me know. :p

6. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    C'mon. Just the fun nature of Michael Westen vs. Carl Winslow needs an argument. If not for the result, for the love of the game. Plus, I need you to argue so we can see what kind of completely odd tangent you can suck Wocky into this time.

Darth Punk likes this.
  7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Fine! :p Will "argue" second round later.

DarthIntegral likes this.
  8. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

This is very similar to being a disgraced LA cop, who had to move to Chicago for being involved in both a shooting of a child (back when that sort of thing was frowned upon, like it is clearly not now) and being burned by destroying a major piece of property in one of the first terrorist attacks on US soil. Having to give up a Twinkie habit in order to move back to donuts, in order to blend in with the new department, he ended up dealing with his mom, a crazy/same-jobbed wife, and a colorfully-dressed side-kick.

Michael Alan Westen == MAW
    Carl Otis Winslow == COW

Clearly, the meat-eater -- with the scary mouth sounding name -- is going to be better than the ruminant who is only scary to grass.

Similar, but not the same.

QED.

Vote Westen 2017.

9. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    please also make an argument on blade vs superman, bc hancock and all that

also as much as i love burn notice, shaming carl winslow is going to get your nowhere.

10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Uh... what? What about Hancock?

11. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    Resources

12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  13. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Only if you consider, agility wise, how Xenomorph stacks up against a chimpanzee.

dp4m likes this.
  14. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

honestly? If I don't see 5 paragraphs on Alien acid vs. Vibranium shield, imma be disappoint.

15. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    criminally underrating the resourcefulness necessary to be a stocky, hardworking yet humble police officer in suburban Chicago, dp.

Yodaminch likes this.
  16. a star war

May 4, 2016
    Lucy (Lucy) (Prepared) vs. Azazel (X: Men First Class)
    So this is cool. Azazel is cool. Much like a jumper, he can grab a character and jump them high up and leave them to drop. That's cool. I would just like to point the judges in the direction of the opening moments in this clip, in particular:

She shoots those guys before she even sees them. She knows they're there. Her aim is perfect. Ignore all of the other things she can do--the telekinesis, the telepathy, etc.--she can feel where he is. Where he's going to be. One person is ready for the other here. She's ready for him. Unsuspecting characters might get unlucky against him, but this is clear cut.

T1000 (Terminator 2) vs. Pinhead (Hellraiser)
    Interesting. If we are judging characters, Pinhead has no reason to even fight this. He's a sadomasochist who wants to torture people for their souls. He gets none of those things out of this. But I digress, because they're fighting. I just think it's funny.

Anyway. The chains? Kind of useless, right? I mean they rend flesh, that's great, and I've seen them breaking through stone, but is there even any guarantee that they can pierce metal? Even if they can puncture it, does that matter? They'll slide right through the T1000 like it slides through bars, bullets, etc. What can be done with those?

As far as Pinhead's durability, he did no-sell some plasma shots, that's a thing. Although how powerful those are who knows. Cenobites can definitely be hurt, though. In the one where Pinhead turns on Leviathan (his boss), his hooks can be seen penetrating the guy as easily as they do human flesh. Leviathan even cries out in pain (which he probably likes). Can a T1000, a model capable of pinning a T800 to the wall with a spear made from its own body, pierce a Cenobite? I think so. It nonchalantly puts a finger through the back of a person's skull, at one point. Multiple times sticking things through the T800.

There's some fancy stuff Pinhead does in Hellraiser 3, but that's an abnormal peak. The fandom recognizes it as out of the ordinary. But if you want to use that, go ahead I guess.

Captain America (Marvel Cinematic Universe) vs. Xenomorph (Alien)
    The xenomorph is tough, it is fast, it is strong. But does it do any of those things better than Cap?

We've seen Captain America put his shield through Ultron Prime, a body that was tanking a .50 cal.
    We've seen Cap tank almost any kind of damage you can think of.
    We've seen him do this:

Well, no, I guess technically we haven't seen him do that. But.

17. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    anyone else arguing?

18. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Bourne can tell Luke that there's a sale on power converters going on down the street, and then, I dunno, shoot him in the back or something?

DarthIntegral likes this.
  19. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    lol. judgements tomorrow!

20. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    If heels really needs arguments on Superman vs. Blade -- remember that Superman is infinitely more familiar with an office environment, after years of mild-mannered reporting at the Daily Planet.

Terrain knowledge.

PRENNTACULAR likes this.
  21. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Apologies, things have gotten really busy for me. If given another 24 hours, I'd be happy to lay out why Superman must lose, and that Burn Notice guy wouldn't stand much chance either.

22. a star war

May 4, 2016
    Burn Notice Man is not even allowed out of Miami. How can he get to Scranton?

DarthIntegral and dp4m like this.
  23. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Those were only the early seasons. Once he and the CIA make nice, he goes all over the world.

24. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
  25. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005

Nothing from me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.