main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Movie and TV Character MINI Draft

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Jun 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Not let one of an extremely few major feature films to star a systemically and historically oppressed minority be premised on the notion that the only way someone of said ethnicity can be "heroic" is if they are a clownish, drunken, jerk.

2. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    But that is before he becomes heroic.

3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    DarthIntegral -- can we trade Wocky for Irving?

Also, tiebreaks?

4. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I hate you.

There's no chance in hell any movie/TV version of Batman beats Hancock. NONE. Baleman is what - going to plug into every bluetooth? That's about his most impressive feat. And even then he needs Morgan Freeman to help him do it. Nope. The Hancock hate ends here. And we all going to AA to celebrate.

Dobby takes down the Terminator.

Buffy loses because dp4m tried to make a Kyrie Irving joke.

Mikaboshi and dp4m like this.
  5. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Finishing with 3, 9, 10, 6

Arbitration-Based Reality (a star war) (5) vs. Mr. Rogers' New Neighbors (Mikaboshi) (1)

Holtzman (Ghostbusters) vs. John Wick (John Wick)
    Wayne Szalinski (Honey, I Shrunk the Kids) (Prepared) vs. The Bride (Kill Bill) TRUMPED with Raphael (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
    The Mask (The Mask) vs. Bellatrix LeStrange (Harry Potter Series) (Prepared)
    Kung Fury (Kung Fury) vs. Raphael (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) (forfeit)

Don't Let Your Dreams Be Memes (DarkEagle) (2) vs. Elijah Wood's Most Wanted Darth Punk) (4)

Dalek Sec (Doctor Who) vs. Selene (Underworld)
    Supergirl (Supergirl) vs. Hellboy (Hellboy)
    Jesse Custer (Preacher) (forfeit) vs. Severus Snape (Harry Potter)
    Natasha Romanoff (Marvel Cinematic Universe) vs. Gandalf (LOTR)

The Upright Combination (Jabba-wocky) (1)vs. Bartlet For America (dp4m) (5)

Wolverine (Wolverine) vs. Ethan Hunt (Mission: Impossible series)
    Richard Alpert (Lost) vs. Star-Lord (Guardians of the Galaxy)
    Alia Atreides ("Children of Dune" Miniseries) TRUMPED with Ghost of Christmas Yet To Come (A Christmas Carol, George C Scott version) (Prepared) vs. Captain Jean-Luc Picard (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
    Ghost of Christmas Yet To Come (A Christmas Carol, George C Scott version) (forfeit) vs. Judge Dredd (Judge Dredd / Dredd)

6. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Dammit!

7. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    Why does Alia have to soil herself fighting such a peasant? This really isn't appropriate.

8. a star war

May 4, 2016
    Jean-Luc will lecture them to a victory.

Darth Punk and dp4m like this.
  9. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    Star Trek the Next Generation is the kind of show that I am 90% sure had a Christmas episode, in which case he has already canonically lost to the Ghost of Christmas Yet To Come.

DarthIntegral likes this.
  10. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005

Not if it's First Contact!Picard who was a take no prisoners Borg killer.

11. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Nice- that's the kind of hard work I expect out of my picks

Darth Punk and dp4m like this.
  12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Right, three should be straightforward -- I could make a reasonable argument for Ethan Hunt vs. Wolverine, but it's unnecessary since I'm going to win in any case -- so we'll assume (?) Ethan loses, Star-Lord wins, and Dredd wins. So, really, the only fight of note is Alia/Christmas Future vs. Picard. Judges please let me know if you think this is in error (PRENNTACULAR since heels is Honey Badger).

Wocky is correct about something, at least theoretically: Captain Picard has experienced A Christmas Carol, but not in the way he thinks and not in the way that would be beneficial to him.

All Good Things... -- one of the greatest series finales of all time -- is this episode, and Q is all of the ghosts. You all remember Q, right? An immortal, omnipotent being -- much more powerful than individual phantoms -- shows Picard his past, present, and future all for the sake of saving mankind. Mankind, literally, was his business. He has also fully experienced dealing with all of his past regrets.

Q Helping Picard To Deal With His One Supposed "Regret" ("Tapestry")

Picard Having The Family He Never Thought He'd Have ("The Inner Light")

Picard Shown His Perfect "Other Life" And Giving It Up For Duty (Star Trek Generations)

Picard Experiencing The End Of His Christmas Carol / Expanding His Mind ("All Good Things...")

The Ghost of Christmas Yet To Come holds no power over Picard, a decent and honorable man.

[​IMG]

Which leaves only Alia Atraides, Abomination and Harkkonen-spawn. Who, if memory serves, fights primarily with a crysknife?

[​IMG]

Picard's got a phaser. Also, they're in an office setting -- you think Alia's ever seen an "office?"

tl, dr Picard Starship Mine's her and takes the win.

Juliet316 likes this.
  13. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    He's also good with a machine gun:

[​IMG]

14. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yes, but unless Dwight (possible) or someone keeps one in the office, there's not one laying about... I argue within the confines of the rules!

15. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    lol @ dp just assuming Dredd's gonna win. irresponsible hubris.

dp4m likes this.
  16. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    5 Schrute Bucks and a Stanley Nickel to the first person to make a funny pie chart depicting the matches dp4m calls "straightforward"

dp4m likes this.
  17. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
  18. a star war

May 4, 2016
    The ghost is not by physical spacetime. Being in two matches at once should be no problem, especially with prep.

dp4m likes this.
  19. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Punk, you get TWO Stanley Nickles

Darth Punk likes this.
  20. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  21. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Any additional arguments?

22. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    Yes. This evening. There's barely any time for anything.

PRENNTACULAR likes this.
  23. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    I'm a bit pushed for time, but Seline vs dalek sec is reasonably straightforward. Selene can speed blitz the cumbersome pregnant roller skate.

Black widow vs Gandalf is reasonably straightforward. For similar reasons that Constantine beat death strike yesterday. It's street level peak human vs top tier mage.

24. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Really?

Selene has no way to actually harm Sec- his shields protect him from bullets and physical threats. She has no high-powered explosives or energy weapons. Even if Dalek accuracy isn't always the greatest, one hit from him and she's toast.

"top tier mage" lol. Movie Gandalf is nowhere near other top mages in this draft. All he's shown is shining light at people, cracking some rocks, and sword swinging. None of which are beyond Widow's abilities to deal with. Can Gandalf dodge or block bullets? No, he can't and he's going to die because of it.

25. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Gandalf beat up a Balrog - I doubt black widow could do that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.