main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Movie and TV Character MINI Draft

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Jun 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    1) This isn't a comic draft. 2) I don't recall matter transmutation being barred, I remember reality warping and time travel being barred. 3) Swords won't kill Pinhead, crossbows won't kill Pinhead, stakes won't kill Pinhead. In Hellraiser 4 Pinhead was shot with a laser, did no damage. He has been shot with bullets, and instantly regenerated from his wounds. Physical damage does nothing.

Dobby: Wand or not, what is he going to do to put down Azazel for good? None of his tricks are remotely useful here, and his prep time is a complete waste......unless your feet are cold.

2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Um, literally any of the charms will put Azazel down for good... sleep, petrification, confusion. Also, just simply knocking him out with magickal energy. :p

This sock thing is curious, unless you're telling me YOU'RE a sock...

3. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    I've never seen Dobby cast any of those, can you show me where he has done that? I hope we aren't allowing him to cast anything that other wizards have show to be capable of, each wizard and elf is an individual capable of different spells......so what spells has Dobby used?

4. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    PRENNTACULAR heels1785 - let's do this.

BTW - Mika is absolutely right here. Dobby shouldn't get credit for what we've seen Wizards do, or what we've read in books, and Pinhead is only limited to no reality warping.

5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    prenn, if you don't mind leading off, i am a bit underwater atm

6. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I'll lead off.

Elijah Wood's Most Wanted (Darth Punk) (0) vs. Arbitration-Based Reality (a star war) (3)

Gandalf (LOTR) vs. Holtzman (Ghostbusters)
    Ryuk (Death Note) vs. Kung Fury (Kung Fury)
    Hellboy (Hellboy) vs. Gary (Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell)

Bartlet For America (dp4m) (2) vs. Mr. Rogers' New Neighbors (Mikaboshi) (1)

Dobby (Harry Potter series) (Prepared) vs. Azazel (X: Men First Class) - I love me some Dobby, but he's out classed here. Prep in the HP world gets you access to some neat things, but Dobby has shown no inclination to use them.
    Buffy Summers (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) vs. Pinhead (Hellraiser) - Buffy would be punching significantly above her weight class to get a win here.
    Star-Lord (Guardians of the Galaxy 1 + 2) vs. Bellatrix LeStrange (Harry Potter Series) (Prepared)

Don't Let Your Memes be Dreams (DarkEagle) (3) vs. The Upright Combination (Jabba-wocky) (0)

Deadpool (Deadpool) vs. Alia Altreides (Children of Dune)
    Jesse Custer (Preacher) vs. Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come (Muppets Christmas Carol Version)
    Jason Bourne (Bourne Series) (Prepared) vs. Agent Jessup (Fringe) (forfeit)

7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Two I disagree on - votes go to Gandalf and Ryuk. Everything else good. PRENN for the tiebreak.

Darth Punk likes this.
  8. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    The Death Note is no match against the power of kung fu.

9. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    Sorry -- first full week of school. I'll get my life together soon i promise.

Holtzman and Kung Fury.

Mikaboshi likes this.
  10. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
  11. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I don't even understand what's happening here any longer.

12. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    so intangible japanese death god who can kill any human loses to human?

13. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
  14. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
  15. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
  16. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    i'm think i'm starting to understand how you guys got trump

dp4m and tom like this.
  17. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    people didn't vote for hillary because they were pissed about the female ghostbusters? it's really sad, but i think the theory has some merit.

Darth Punk likes this.
  18. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Sorry for delays. Inty's world is chaotic right now. Lawful, evil, and neutral, but all chaotic.

4, 2, 3, 6

Elijah Wood's Most Wanted (Darth Punk) (1) vs. Arbitration-Based Reality (a star war) (5)

Selene (Underworld) vs. Hancock (Hancock)
    John Constantine (Constantine) (Prepared) vs. Agent K (Men in Black) (Prepared)
    Luke Skywalker (Star Wars) vs. The Mask (The Mask)
    Hannibal Smith (The A Team) (Prepared) vs. Captain America (Marvel Cinematic Universe)

Bartlet For America (dp4m) (2) vs. Mr. Rogers' New Neighbors (Mikaboshi) (4)

Judge Dredd (Judge Dredd / Dredd) vs. Xenomorph (Alien)
    Ethan Hunt (Mission: Impossible series) vs. The Undertaker (WWE Smackdown)
    Superman (Superman movies without John Williams music, because Starlord is listening to it) vs. John Wick (John Wick)
    Michael Westen (Burn Notice) vs. Matt Murdock (MCU) (forfeit)

Don't Let Your Memes be Dreams (DarkEagle) (6) vs. The Upright Combination (Jabba-wocky) (0)

Supergirl (Supergirl) vs. Blade (Blade)
    Natasha Romanoff (Marvel Cinematic Universe) vs. Prince Jai (Curse of the Golden Flower)
    Faith Lehane (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel) vs. Sonny (I, Robot)
    Dalek Sec (Doctor Who) vs. Wolverine (X-Men Universe)

Can DarkEagle get the fabled 10-0?

DarkEagle likes this.
  19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    such a shame that Daredevil was a forfeit

that hand-to-hand would have been something else

DarthIntegral likes this.
  20. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Dredd vs. Xenomorph in a lit, daytime setting should be fine -- he's got plenty of gun, ammunition, and armor to protect and the Xenomorph dies to bullets.
    Ethan Hunt can beat the Undertaker, as it's not Wrestlemania.
    Superman gives John Wick a puppy and he wins via kindness.
    Michael Westen loses the forfeit because... heels.

Mikaboshi likes this.
  21. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Idk Blade has that fabled resourcefulness....

:p

22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    he did

but then he lost it

23. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I dunno, I could see Wocky getting a couple of wins in there.

Not including blood in Supergirl's tear ducts, of course.

24. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    You wish the world were so wretched we would let such dishonor come to pass.

Sonny could easily beat Faith. At best, her heightened abilities as a Slayer might make her able to keep up with his accelerated reflexes and super strength. But even matched, it's the small things that matter. Sonny is at peace with himself. We saw him to terms with who and what he was with the help of Will Smith. He can move with the perfect, fluid confidence of someone who knows their place in the world. Faith, on the other hand, is deeply conflicted. She's gone off the rails before. She's been evil. She's pushed the limits of sanity. So she'll always be hesitating, Doubting herself. Trying not to go too far. And in one of those split seconds, Sonny will land the killer blow.

Jai and Black Widow are both basically people that do karate and have weapons training. Tactically, he has commanded a whole nation's armies. She has been second fiddle on a squabbling team of less than a half dozen people. Technically, he does near superhuman feats without much thought, leaping dozens of feet into the air and beating back dozens on his own. She has struggled against a single opponent that has above average strength. Morally, he sacrificed everything to save his family while she lies constantly. He's going to run the board in any contest between these two.

I am pretty sure Wolverine can beat up a vacuum cleaner.

Darth Punk likes this.
  25. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
  26. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Elijah Wood's Most Wanted (Darth Punk) (1) vs. Arbitration-Based Reality (a star war) (5)

Selene (Underworld) vs. Hancock (Hancock)
    John Constantine (Constantine) (Prepared) vs. Agent K (Men in Black) (Prepared)
    Luke Skywalker (Star Wars) vs. The Mask (The Mask)
    Hannibal Smith (The A Team) (Prepared) vs. Captain America (Marvel Cinematic Universe)
    -tough call. i can see hannibal coming up with a magnetized bomb a la crossbones at the beginning of CW to remove Cap's shield from the equation. it's then a gunfight vs. cap's fists - i think cap's physical stamina is something that cannot be accounted for in prep - he was still able to take on bucky at the end of WS after being shot three times. unless hannibal hits him, unshielded, with like a rocket launcher or something - which he might do - i think cap lands a knockout. it's close, though.

Bartlet For America (dp4m) (2) vs. Mr. Rogers' New Neighbors (Mikaboshi) (4)

Judge Dredd (Judge Dredd / Dredd) vs. Xenomorph (Alien)
    Ethan Hunt (Mission: Impossible series) vs. The Undertaker (WWE Smackdown)
    Superman (Superman movies without John Williams music, because Starlord is listening to it) vs. John Wick (John Wick)
    Michael Westen (Burn Notice) vs. Matt Murdock (MCU) (forfeit)

Don't Let Your Memes be Dreams (DarkEagle) (6) vs. The Upright Combination (Jabba-wocky) (0)

Supergirl (Supergirl) vs. Blade (Blade)
    Natasha Romanoff (Marvel Cinematic Universe) vs. Prince Jai (Curse of the Golden Flower)
    Faith Lehane (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel) vs. Sonny (I, Robot)
    Dalek Sec (Doctor Who) vs. Wolverine (X-Men Universe)

27. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    How's Wolverine going to beat a Dalek? It can fly, is impervious to conventional weaponry and Wolverine only has claws, and has a death ray. Sec can just float up in the air a little bit and start blasting Wolverine no problem

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.