main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Movie and TV Character MINI Draft

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Jun 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    And what will happen to movie Wolverine? He survived and killed the Phoenix.

Does adamantium = "conventional weaponry?" Also, as shown against DeadClops in Origins, the claws can reflect/absorb energy beams.

No arguments before votes generally means you're testing your luck.

2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005

3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    How is that Xenomorph winning in broad daylight against a trigger-happy armored Dredd with or without his motorcycle?

4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    present a proper argument and i'll reconsider

lol not really

5. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    I'm Luke Skywalker I'm here to rescue you

Juliet316 and dp4m like this.
  6. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    Elijah Wood's Most Wanted (Darth Punk) (1) vs. Arbitration-Based Reality (a star war) (5)

Selene (Underworld) vs. Hancock (Hancock)
    John Constantine (Constantine) (Prepared) vs. Agent K (Men in Black) (Prepared)
    Luke Skywalker (Star Wars) vs. The Mask (The Mask)
    Hannibal Smith (The A Team) (Prepared) vs. Captain America (Marvel Cinematic Universe)
    I think Hannibal takes this because of prep. We know he has access to powerful weapons/military-grade tech and we know he's able to strategize effectively. At the very least this should go to three judges.

Bartlet For America (dp4m) (2) vs. Mr. Rogers' New Neighbors (Mikaboshi) (4)

Judge Dredd (Judge Dredd / Dredd) vs. Xenomorph (Alien)​
    I think this is match is reasonably straightforward.
    Ethan Hunt (Mission: Impossible series) vs. The Undertaker (WWE Smackdown)
    Superman (Superman movies without John Williams music, because Starlord is listening to it) vs. John Wick (John Wick)
    Michael Westen (Burn Notice) vs. Matt Murdock (MCU) (forfeit)

Don't Let Your Memes be Dreams (DarkEagle) (6) vs. The Upright Combination (Jabba-wocky) (0)

Supergirl (Supergirl) vs. Blade (Blade)
    Natasha Romanoff (Marvel Cinematic Universe) vs. Prince Jai (Curse of the Golden Flower)
    Faith Lehane (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel) vs. Sonny (I, Robot)
    Dalek Sec (Doctor Who) vs. Wolverine (X-Men Universe)​
    I'm torn on this one. Wolverine obviously has better mobility/quickness/etc. He can heal from bullet wounds and conventional weapons. Adamantium or whatever is super strong and can tear through stuff that conventional metal/weapons can't. He's got a chance here. BUT. Doesn't Dalek whoever just like, vaporize people? Why would adamantium be able to withstand that? And isn't Dalek whoever just as impervious to conventional weapons as Wolverine is? We haven't seen wolverine cut through anything as strong as Dalek whoever's little shell, have we? SO BASICALLY we have a dumb little alien robot who can't move but only needs to land one hit, vs. a dude who can run around and get as many hits in as he wants but has to avoid a single hit from the dumb little alien robot while also maybe not being able to even damage him all that much? this match sounds like it would take 37 days to complete and would be terrible to watch, but in the end i have to go with the little dumb alien robot who can at least, at some point, kill the other dude. if any of my logic is wrong inty can correct!

Darth Punk likes this.
  7. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016

Give him a tank being carried by a helicopter for all I care.

Juliet316 likes this.
  8. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Putting out the signal for DarthIntegral for tie-breakers...

[​IMG]

Juliet316 likes this.
  9. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Dalek, no doubt.
    Captain America. Literally, Hydra was prepared for him. And couldn't take him down. I would tend to think Hydra > Hannibal.
    And Xenomorph, mainly because I want that particular match to go to teams. :p

Arbitration-Based Reality (a star war) (8) defeats Elijah Wood's Most Wanted (Darth Punk) (2)
    Bartlet For America (dp4m) (5) and Mr. Rogers' New Neighbors (Mikaboshi) (5) are headed to teams!
    Don't Let Your Memes be Dreams (DarkEagle) (8) defeats The Upright Combination (Jabba-wocky) (2)

Bartlet For America

Star-Lord (Guardians of the Galaxy 1 + 2), Joan Rivers (E! Red Carpet), President Josiah Edward Bartlet (The West Wing), Ethan Hunt (Mission: Impossible series), Judge Dredd (Judge Dredd / Dredd), Buffy Summers (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Superman (Superman movies with John Williams music), Captain Jean-Luc Picard (Star Trek: The Next Generation), Wonder Woman (Wonder Woman TV series), Rocket Raccoon (Guardians of the Galaxy 1 + 2), Michael Westen (Burn Notice), Dobby (Harry Potter series)​
    VS
    Mr. Rogers' New Neighbors
    The Undertaker (WWE Smackdown), Terminator (Terminator Series), Matt Murdock (MCU) trumped w/ Elektra (MCU), Bellatrix LeStrange (Harry Potter Series), John Wick, Pinhead (Hellraiser), Xenomorph (Alien), Azazel (X: Men First Class), Elektra (MCU) trumped w/ Matt Murdock (MCU), The Bride (Kill Bill), Raphael (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles), Batman (The Dark Knight Trilogy)​

DarkEagle likes this.
  10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Really? REALLY?

Thanks heels... :p

PRENNTACULAR likes this.
  11. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I wasn't going to risk going the entire draft without President Bartlet in teams, and the opportunity presented itself here. And the idea of him lecturing Bellatrix is amazing. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

PRENNTACULAR likes this.
  12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

[​IMG]

... okay that's fair.

Juliet316 likes this.
  13. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Pre-Game Commentary (Part One)

[​IMG]

The Undertaker (WWE Smackdown)
    [​IMG]
    "I mean, what's going on with this? A cross between an Old West sheriff and a biker-gang reject? Denzel did this better in The Magnificent Seven..."
    [​IMG]
    Terminator (Terminator Series)
    [​IMG]
    "Beefcake, hubba-hubba, but terrible outfit. What is it with this team and the biker-reject look? Even in the 80s we were so high we'd dress like crap, but we'd notice something this bad!"
    [​IMG]
    Matt Murdock (MCU) / Elektra (MCU)
    [​IMG]
    "Nothing says 'kinky' like a proper gimp suit... and she's named after a Greek woman who killed her mother for murdering her father. Talk about some ****** up family dynamics! At least she looks good... finally someone on the other side with some fashion sense, even if it's too 'dark and broody' for me."
    [​IMG]
    Bellatrix LeStrange (Harry Potter Series)
    [​IMG]
    "Sweetie, there isn't enough money in Beverly Hills to fix this set of hair and teeth. I mean, she's British, what did she expect?"
    [​IMG]
    John Wick (John Wick 1/2)
    [​IMG]
    "Now this is what I'm talking about. Classic, elegant, refined, trimmed beard to match my lady parts... and I understand he's a dog lover too. Widower, ladies... snatch him up while you can!"
    [​IMG]

Juliet316 likes this.
  14. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Pre-Game Commentary (Part Two)

[​IMG]
    Pinhead (Hellraiser)
    [​IMG]
    "While I can appreciate a man who brings gifts, I'm not a fan of the new types of body piercings... you know he's got one in his, you know, down there... and this outfit? Bald is not beautiful on you, honey..."
    [​IMG]
    Xenomorph (Alien)
    [​IMG]
    "What is even happening here? Is Sean Young trying out for Catwoman again? This is just clearly a misfire..."
    [​IMG]
    Azazel (X: Men First Class)
    [​IMG]
    "It's a good suit, but it's ruined by the fact that he doesn't know how to accessorize with his skin tone... if he's going to play at being Native American, he should be more traditional! That hair, that tail... ugh, no thank you!"
    [​IMG]
    The Bride (Kill Bill)
    [​IMG]
    "I think this works as an ensemble piece... satire of the NASCAR group, like that Ricky Billy Martin Bobby Sue movie with Will Ferrell. Goes well with her hair, and the sword is a nice touch."
    [​IMG]
    Raphael (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
    [​IMG]
    "I know Raphael liked them a little zaftig, but this is ridiculous isn't it? And that toothpick? What's going on here?"
    [​IMG]
    Batman (The Dark Knight Trilogy)
    [​IMG]
    "Having to fake abs on a suit? Really? That's just sad..."
    [​IMG]

Juliet316 likes this.
  15. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  16. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    as if I could ever be more awestruck by that brilliant and fantastic woman

i am essentially a judge judy groupie. my dvr will attest

Juliet316 and dp4m like this.
  17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Star-Lord (Guardians of the Galaxy 1 + 2)

"A man who lost his parents so early in his life, kidnapped by aliens and raised by yet another alien who treated him as if he were his own son. Able to overcome that and still save the galaxy not once, but twice, while also forming his own new family."

[​IMG]

Ethan Hunt (Mission: Impossible series)

"Has saved this country, and world, so many times over I would run out of ways to describe it. And yet no one knows who he is, because that's how he needs it to be. Sometimes secrets are the only things protecting us from ourselves, and I'm glad he is the one keeping them."

[​IMG]

Judge Dredd (Judge Dredd / Dredd)

"Sometimes we need people to do the things we can't. And in a futuristic hellscape like the one where the Judges come from, someone who always does the right thing is a greater asset than we might think. I'm glad that he's on our side."

[​IMG]

Buffy Summers (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)

"A young woman thrust into unimaginable circumstances. Overcoming any obstacle thrown her way, including death, she showed that grit, determination, and friendship was the most important thing in lighting the way for our future."

[​IMG]

Superman (Superman movies with John Williams music)

"An immigrant came to this country, having lost everything. His parents wanting nothing more than for him than to be loved and, in turn, to return that love to the world. He views himself as an American, but more importantly -- as a citizen of Earth and all humanity."

[​IMG]

Captain Jean-Luc Picard (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

"The closest person to me on this list. A poet, a scholar, a scientist, and yet possessing possibly the most finely tuned sense of duty, like a Gilbert and Sullivan operetta. However, he's also a warrior, willing to fight -- and die -- in order to protect his crew, and all life. Of anyone here, he makes me miss Leo the most."

[​IMG]

Wonder Woman (Wonder Woman TV series)

"From across the sea she came, with no other thought than to defend the weak, and fight oppression wherever she saw it. She fought Nazis, she fought aliens, and now she fights for us."

[​IMG]

Rocket Raccoon (Guardians of the Galaxy 1 + 2)

"Experimented on and forced to undergo unspeakable things, but still managed to forge friendships and familial bonds. Truly, if the worst off among us can rise up, we all can."

[​IMG]

Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

"It sounds like the beginning of a bad joke: a spy, his girlfriend, and his informant walk into a bar... but the punchline is spectacular. Turning lemons into spiked lemonade, they managed to help a lot of people in this country while also dealing with far-reaching conspiracies and his mother. Honestly, his mother scared me, so that's quite something..."

[​IMG]

Dobby (Harry Potter series)

"A house elf who wanted nothing more than to help his friends. Had limitless power, unshackled from the chains of servitude and still decided it was more important to fight for everyone to be free."

[​IMG]

And for myself, all I say is this...

[​IMG]

Juliet316 likes this.
  18. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
  19. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Nothing from me.

20. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
  21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    dp. Rocket outfits Kal with enough tech to resist Bellatrix, and then he and Diana batter the other side into submission, while Joan provides commentary and Bartlet paces the battlefield repeating obscure proverbs.

It's relatively straightforward/not heelsy.

dp4m likes this.
  22. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  23. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Alright, enough waiting for PRENNTURDULAR.

I'm agreeing with heelsy. Diana is a handful, so is Clark, and Jed probably spends his prep time reading up on Bellatrix's family history so he can dress her down for using the word "mudblood" like he did the lady re: Leviticus. Of course, after he does, Undertaker gives him a Tombstone Piledriver. But it's too little, too late.

last round of matches up in a jiffy.

24. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Standings:

Arbitration-Based Reality (a star war) 4-0 (27-13)
    Bartlet For America (dp4m) 3-1 (22-18)
    Don't Let Your Memes be Dreams (DarkEagle) 3-1 (22-18)
    Elijah Wood's Most Wanted (Darth Punk) 2-2 (21-19)
    Mr. Rogers' New Neighbors (Mikaboshi) 0-4 (16-24)
    The Upright Combination (Jabba-wocky) 0-4 (12-28)

Final Round of Matches:

Arbitration-Based Reality (a star war) vs. Don't Let Your Memes be Dreams (DarkEagle)
    Mr. Rogers' New Neighbors (Mikaboshi) vs. The Upright Combination (Jabba-wocky)
    Bartlet For America (dp4m) vs. Elijah Wood's Most Wanted (Darth Punk)

The Stakes:

If Arbitration-Based Reality win, they take home the title. No need for a championship game.
    If Don't Let Your Memes be Dream wins, and ...
    Bartlet for America wins, Bartlet for America will face Arbitration-Based Reality for the title
    Bartlet for America loses, we get an immediate rematch of Memes and Arbitration
    One of Mikaboshi or Wocky is going home winless.

The Venue:

The Set of the Price is Right, in front of the Plinko Board

[​IMG]

heels1785 likes this.
  25. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Doesn't it depend on how much we (dp and I) each win by?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.