main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA The Movie Critics' Corner

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by TaintedJedi, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leia1138

Leia1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2006
    I want to see "The Other Boleyn Girl." I know that's not the kind of movie we usually talk about on these boards, but it does have Natalie Portman in it so it's kinda remotely Star Wars related! :)

2. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    I highly recommend The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters

It's a documentary about these two guys competing with each other to claim the highest score in Donkey Kong along with a look at the world of classic arcade competition. You wouldn't think it, but It was one of the most thrilling and heartfelt movies I've seen in a while. It got a 99.9 FRESH rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0923752/

[image=http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41NSgA6d7cL.jpg]

3. MaraJadeEmperorsHand

MaraJadeEmperorsHand Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 22, 2002
    Well to add to what you have just said, consider this: Scarlett Johansen was in "The Island" with Ewan McGregor, Kristen Scott Thomas was in "Random Hearts" with Harrison Ford and Eric Bana was in "Blackhawk Down" with Ewan McGregor... Sort of a 2nd Degree of Star Wars if you will... lol

4. MaraJadeEmperorsHand

Oct 22, 2002
    Christian Bale as John Connor in the 4th Terminator ?! Oh wow, did you hear anything about it at the most recent Con ? What about the X-Files movie, how was the trailer and chat from Mulder and Scully ?

5. MaraJadeEmperorsHand

Oct 22, 2002
    Well, I was fortunate this weekend and saw both "Vantage Point" and "The Other Boleyn Girl". The first movie was fantastic!!! The second I am glad I went to see it, but definitely not ranked with "Elizabeth the Golden Age" it wasn't very accurate historically, but overall pretty good, if it doesnt bother you that it appeared to take place within a 3 year span of time... What I thoroughly enjoyed about both were the TRAILERS - 88 Minutes,Pacino - 21, Kevin Spacey. I finally saw the clip for "Ironman" and "The Dark Knight" even "Mama Mia" with Meryl Streep looked good and I am not a big ABBA fan, naturally it being set on a Greek isle was a bit selling point for me... lol.

6. Lavenderrose73

Lavenderrose73 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2005
    There's a 4th Terminator? Good grief! I've only seen the first 3. Without Gov. Schwarzenegger, I just don't think it'd be the same.

@};-

7. PadawanBeldaPinik

PadawanBeldaPinik Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 23, 2005
    From what I understand..Arnold will probably have a cameo appearance in the 4th movie as a passing of the baton so to speak. Who knows..Arnold may step down as governer and work as a Congressman which would allow Arnold to do more acting..just thought I'd let you know Barbara.

Alex

8. PadawanBeldaPinik

PadawanBeldaPinik Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 23, 2005
    Just letting everyone know that the new Hulk movie trailer is floating all over the internet now. You can find it at yahoo.com, msn.com or even on myspace. I have it posted on my most recent myspace blog.

Alex

9. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins or Terminator: The Return of the Terminator is to be the start of a new Terminator Trilogy detailing the war between humans and skynet. Christian Bale is strongly rumored to be attached as John Connor, but still has not been signed (made official). "The Austrian Oak" (aka the Governator) has turned down any offer to appear in this new trilogy...

Frankly, I think it's great Arnie made T3 (one last hurrah)... but let's face it: he's an older man, and it's not going to be possible for him to continue in high profile blockbuster roles with the same look like he used to. I could see him doing the Congressman thing, but we'll see what happens. Hopefully, if they do a new Terminator Movie Series they'll do it well... but chances are, they won't. Terminator was good. T2 was great. T3 was ok... the new Terminator TV series is something for me to see more of before I say one way or the other.

10. Quinlan_Vos_1

Quinlan_Vos_1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 11, 2007
    They can always make a sequel to Demolition Man were Arnie can replay the Presidential role his name got in the original film.

11. Bith_Lord

May 5, 2005
    I picked up AVP: Requiem today (along with Juno). I'm eager to finally watch this highly "controversial" movie.

12. darthmetalhead2

darthmetalhead2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2007
    I'm looking forward to your review of the movie :) I have to wait til Friday to pick up a copy but I'm looking forward to seeing it again.

Alex

13. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
  14. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
  15. darthmetalhead2

darthmetalhead2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2007
    bump bump too :)

16. ekimnotslar

ekimnotslar Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 24, 2007
    Hey Rogues- this will be a big summer for super hero movies: Iron Man, Batman, Incredible Hulk, Hancock, the big red demon guy and his fish buddy and flame girl. And of course Indiana Jones soon and James Bond in November. I think there are more but I can't remember. I am so looking forward to all these movies!

17. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    I've got a move release thread started, ekim... =P

-TJ

18. Jedidoria

Jedidoria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2006
    Ummm...I BOUGHT AvP and am wondering which of you dorkuses want to give me my money back??? :mad:

19. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Maybe Alex needs a spare copy. [face_laugh]

20. Jedidoria

Jedidoria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2006
    Yeah, and I'll sell for cheap...although I think Charlie liked it. That's who I think the movie was geared to...an 11 year old that doesn't know any better!!

21. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Heh. The first AVP is ok. The second, well, we've already seen THAT discussion... just check our older threads/posts. I'm NOT getting into THAT again. ;)

-TJ

22. Bith_Lord

May 5, 2005
    With my Blockbuster Online subscription, I just watched There Will Be Blood which I recommend although I think I had heard way too much about how great it was and I think my expectations were too high.

The Kite Runner is also a worthy rental.

The cool thing about Blockbuster Online (or Netflix) is being able to rent stuff you might have possibly bought and being able to realize you just saved some bucks.

Case in point: Growing Pains Season 1 Disc 1. I loved this show as a kid, but the Seaver clan doesn't have the same hold on me as they did back during my wonder years.

However, I was able to watch the unaired pilot with the original Carol Seaver.

[image=http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/4109/446/400/MC114.0.jpg]

23. Nasus_Sivad

Nasus_Sivad Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2006
    I use to love Growing Pains. I also have been using my Netflix to watch old TV shows. I agree that they just don't seem the same as when I use to watch them but do enjoy down memory lane. Kolchak the Night Stalker was one of my favorites growing up but sure found out how hoaky it was. :) The best thing I like about Netflix is no late fees. I use to spend a fortune on them.

24. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    The Forbidden Kingdom was very good. Great action and great story line. The "kid" was very impressive.

25. Quinlan_Vos_1

Quinlan_Vos_1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 11, 2007
    I want to see this movie also. F.K. is the 1 w/ J.C & J.L. right

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.