main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO The Movie I Watched Last Night

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Kaety, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Kaety

Kaety Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    I watched a horror movie last night. Cast Away. I hadn't ever seen it. That is my worst nightmare...being lost on the ocean. After his plane crashes and he is being thrown around by giant waves- AAAHHHHHH!!!! And then when he tries to get past the giant breaker waves on the island - I would have just died of old age before going near those waves. Yep, that was the scariest movie I've seen in a while.

2. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    While waiting for 2 guys at Wal-mart figure out how to work the paint tinting machine, I wandered off and found "SAW" for $10 on DVD. I caved in and bought it, and it was actually an enjoyable movie. Had to wait til everyone was asleep to watch it thought.

Really, there wasn't much gore. It was a non-stop road to insanity with a lot of neat ideas, and a huge nervous breakdown at the very end. I'll give it two thumbs up.

3. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    We have been watching season one of Tripping the Rift. Very strange show there...

4. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    Lord of War was pretty good, very thought provoking in some ways, but good entertainment. Next on the netflix is Scrubs season 2, can't wait!

5. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    I loved "Lord of War." Neat-o movie.

Nomatter how much I watch it, I still can't get into "Tripping the Rift," though.

Watched AVP last night since I can't stand that "Home Movies" cartoon. AVP could've been so much more...but...it ended up being so much less.

"DOOM" *squee* and that new Wallace and Gromit movie come out on DVD today.

6. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    I watched Sin City last night. I really liked it's style, like watching a comic book... but I feel like I've completely missed something in the story. Guess you need to know more before going in to watch it. I have so many questions now!!!!! :_|

7. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    We have been having a hard time getting into Tripping the Rift too... I have slept through 6 of the 9 we watched, or I guess I should say started to watch, because I think D_N_T slept through most of those too. I'm just glad we didn't spend money on it- my brother loaned it to us, and he got it at a Christmas party where he and his friends traded seasons of cartoons that they already owned and were willing to part with. He also got Ren and Stimpy and I'm kinda wishing he had loaned us that instead...it's probably funnier...

8. DarthDallas182

DarthDallas182 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2005
    i watched episode 1 last night... why!? i just dont know.

9. buffy_wine

buffy_wine Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2003
    Serenity. He did a good job directing and writing it.
    Now I need to watch Phantom of the Opera.

10. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    I watched "Walk the Line" a few nights ago in my feeble attempt to watch some of the movies nominated for an academy award.

Didnt know a darn thing about Johnny Cash, never really listened to his music...but Joaquin is just so sexy, I had to see it.

It was great! Kept my attention, I cared, great performances...I totally recommend it. I might just have to go out and buy a Johnny Cash cd, lol.

11. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Also rented Rent...couldnt get into it. I dont know if it was the sleep deprivation, or if it just didnt make the transition from stage to film, or if I am just not deep enough to get it. Got maybe halfway through and gave up and took it back.

12. JediKnightAlestor

JediKnightAlestor Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 23, 2004
    125,600 mins. of pain and agony if you ask me. (spits on rent)

13. JediKnightAlestor

Oct 23, 2004
    Plus that damn song won't leave my head.

14. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    Guess I won't rent Rent...

Watched The 40 Year Old Virgin -it was pretty funny. The guys and his apartment were hilarious.

Also watched National Lampoons Adam and Eve last week and hated it! It wasn't even funny.

And from the Bargin Bin (movies I borrowed from my parents that they bought out of the $5 bin at Walmart which means they are usually old and $5 for a reason) I watched both of the Legally Blond movies-they were kinda funny but after D_N_T pointed out how big her chin is I couldn't get past the chin, Murder by the Numbers with Sandra Bullock-worth less than $2, Kiss the Girls-ok serial killer flick, Stealing Beauty - weird art flick with old ugly naked people, Sleepers (I'll watch anything with Brad Pitt)-just icky what happens to the boys- hope to never see it again, and The Talented Mr. Ripley - I found it kind of disturbing and very stressfull.

15. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    We watched the second harry potter last night, I have to expose my brother to EVIL slowly...

[face_devil]

It's hard to believe they've been making those movies for so long...

by the time they get to the last one, herminey will probably have kids of her own.

;)

16. JediKnightAlestor

Oct 23, 2004
    Did you know the 40 year old vergins apartment was like izeith katarns room looks. Operation dumbo drop. he he he botep..

17. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    LOL.

I watched "Red Eye" last night. We got it through Netflix, and I was the only one that kinda-sorta wanted to see it.

It kept me mildly entertained while playing with plexiglass, but that's about it. The concept was kinda neat, but that's about it. If I hadn't have been doing something else I would've fallen asleep.

18. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    I watched Walk the Line last night (by myself because D_N_T made a really ugly face when I brought it home) and I really liked it. I grew up listening to Johnny Cash with my grandparents so I found it really interesting. Although, I was disappointed to find out my favorite song of his was actually written by June...

19. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    Last night we watched Waiting (as in waiters and waitresses). It was really funny!...and life changing.

I will never eat at Bennigans, Applebees, Ruby Tuesday, etc. again without extreme caution. In fact I think I will just never eat out again unless, well, actually I guess nothing comes to mind but eewwwww so I guess I will just eat at home from now on. Oh, I could eat at a Japanese steak house where they cook the food in front of you! Yeah, that's it!

20. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    I miss sushi! :_|

21. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Last night I watched Titanic. Need I say more? lol

It was on hbo at 6pm and I had nothing better to do. I kept cringing every time glass broke thinking of the pricetag. So distracting. I didnt even cry at all of my usual spots. wow.

22. bobasparxx

bobasparxx Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Its like every other movie on HBO lately is Napoleon Dynamite or Titanic. Gosh...

I watched Born in East L.A. and Selena the other night.

23. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Wasn't a movie exactly, but it was on a movie channel...anyone seen Big Love? Its abot a guy, his three wives and their umpteen children. On HBO so lots of sex with the wives. Very strange. Bill Paxton is the guy. Ewww, he's getting old.

Game over, Man. Game Over.

24. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    We watched the Stewie Movie (Family Guy) last night and some espisodes of a cartoon called Home Movies. Both were pretty funny...

25. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    My favorite part of the stewie movie is in the beginning where the griffins are showing up at the premiere in their limo and Lois is all trashed...red carpet scene is hilarious!