main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO The Movie I Watched Last Night

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Kaety, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Kaety

Kaety Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    I watched "An Unfinished Life" last night. I really liked it. It was kinda like "Second Hand Lions" but more idie film-less Disney.

2. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    I watched about 3 seconds of an interpretation of Snow White & the Seven Dwarves that someone e-mailed me, except it was rated far beyond anything that even Cinemax would show, and it even had 7 real midgets. The only reason I watched 3 seconds was because it took that long to close the video player while panicking.

It went sorta like this...

"WFT did ******* send me this time, and why is he laughing?"
    *clickclick*
    "OK...oh...OH HELL NO...NO!"
    *fumbles around and closes window*

3. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    The brother and I watched King Kong last night. The kid came up at the end and after it was over she said, "If you want to watch it again with me, that might be okay." :oops:
    It was a good movie, but it was THREE HOURS LONG!!

She's gonna have to learn that if she wants to watch something, she needs to do it the first time we put it in. :p

4. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    We saw the only part of the movie worth watching -- the big monkey smashing everything. No need to watch and extended plotline of people trying to make a movie.

5. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    Rented Underworld Evolutions and fell asleep about 10 minutes into it! Stupid VBS and getting up so early! Had to take it back without seeing it... :(

6. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    You didn't miss anything. Really.

7. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    I watched a movie called "Stay". Great movie. Very strange. Has Ewan The Sexy in it. Great cinematography, great art, great soundtrack. Go rent it.

8. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    I have been on a roll lately...

Brokeback Mountain...I was hesitant to actually see this because of all of the hype. Strangely enough, I would rather see a movie critics hate than one they love. But I was intrigued. Not to mention the yummy goodness of Jake Glilensomething and Heath Ledger... =P~

Not bad. Very sad. I think regardless of your politics or views on alternative lifestyles, you feel for these guys. Their lives are crap. The morale of the story? Might be better to be dead than live a lie. I guess.

Next...Capote. What can I say? Truman Capote was a freak, an egomaniac and an all around strange bird. This movie damaged me. The murders, which are supposed to be the focus of the story take a back seat to Truman and his one man show. The only part I really liked was that the story shows the similarity between TC and Perry Smith, one of the killers. Truman even says as much by stating something like, "I feel as though we are brothers raised in the same house. I went out the front door and Perry went out the back." True dat, yo. One chose a life of crime and violence, the other chose a life just as dysfunctional, but much more legal. Ugh. Freak.

Third...Jarhead. Again staring da sexy Jake Glilensomething. Cept boy is ripped in this one, holy smokes! Not enough violence. Isnt a war movie supposed to have a lot of violence? Isnt that why we watch them? The most violence you see during the whole movie is when the marines are sitting around watching Apocolypse Now. Watching a movie where they watch a movie to get your quota of vio-lence? HHHmmm.

Maybe I am just getting old and lame, but I really didnt like any of these movies very much. I will keep trying. Next in my queue are King Kong, Memoirs of a Geisha, and BSG Season II. Heres hoping for some entertainment.

9. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    we saw Nacho Libre last night...quite funny. It's not any super amazing comedy, but very entertaining and some great lines. I love the letter where they have his voice reading it..."hug, hug, kiss, kiss, big hug, kiss, hug, big kiss, big hug, kiss, big hug, little hug" [face_laugh]

10. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Well, I watched The exocism of Emily Rose. Not very scary, but it definetly kept me interested.

11. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    We watched "Ultraviolet" the other night.

I fell asleep. :p

12. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    I watched Tristan and Isolde. I liked it for the most part...but it felt like rehashed Guinevere and Lancelot...you can only do that story so many times before people start guessing the ending. I could have saved my bucks. Very predictable.

Right now I am halfway through Munich. Too early to tell on this one. It is not exactly what I expected. The agents seem kind of like bumblers so far, not very professional. I will have to wait til I finish it for a definitive opinion.

13. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    I'm getting ready to watch Full Metal Jacket... Already watched Platoon the other day :D

14. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    King Kong is Too Long! There are tons of these long drawn out dramatic pauses where the Lady and the GOrilla stare into each others eyes for what feels like at least twenty minutes. I didnt find it endearing, I found it creepy! Like she was in luv wid da mondkey. ewwww. [face_sick]

and I didnt feel one bit sorry for Kong. Weird. There was a version made in the mid seventies (i think) that used to make me cry everytime out of monkey sympathy. Not PJ's version.

Anyone else think the crazy toothless island natives looked familiar? Thats right! They mysteriosly resembled skinny urukhai! PJ needs to look up "originality" in the dictionary before he looses his audience. Film fans are fickle and unforgiving. :p

15. JediKnightAlestor

JediKnightAlestor Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 23, 2004
    are you not entertained? are you not entertained?! my name is maximus desimus meridious.

16. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    We watched Kiss Kiss Bang Bang the other night...VERY funny. Val Kilmer does gay a little tooo well...

[face_laugh]

It was definitely an "R" rated movie, but great if you are sarcastic or enjoy a mystery in the 50's style...(but set in present day)

17. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Syriana...great movie. Very few things in my life have made me look at things differently when I am firm and vocal about my beliefs. This movie did. I was happy that it made such a huge impression on me for many reasons, one being that I was starting to believe I had changed so much with motherhood that I would never appreciate a movie again. :p

This one is definitely worth the price of admission no matter what your politics are. Premise? We are all pawns. I personally had so dehumanized "the enemy" that I never even thought that was a possibility. Powerful when something so simple proves wrong something so deeply ingrained.

Next...on a lighter note, Hoodwinked. My nephew is visiting, and even though he had already seen every "childrens movie" at Blockbuster, he said he would watch this one again. I took that as his seal of approval. Starts out great. Theres a hilarious goat, and a spastic squirrel. Lost me about two thirds in and I stopped caring. He liked it, though. Kept him from bouncing off the walls for a while. Can you say, "ritalin" boys and girls? lol

And last...Memoirs of a Geisha. Not quite what I expected, but entertaining. I would recommend it based solely on the beautiful costumes. I think I should read the book. Might get more.

Tonight I watch The Hills Have Eyes. My first "scary" movie since the baby. Wish me luck! :D

18. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    so, how did the scary movie go?

19. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Great Scott! It disturbed me deeply. There was a baby in the family that was being hunted slaughtered and devoured. A tiny girl baby not much older than Julien. The freaky-deakies snatched her and the rest of the movie was her one surviving parent trying to get her back. There needs to be a "baby in danger" disclaimer in movies. I was so freaked out, I almost put Jules in the bed with me. Ugh. From now on I will screen all scary movies for baby danger. Hmmph

20. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    I know exactly what you mean! I hate movies where bad things happen to little children!!! I always have to go and hug my girls.

I watched The Thief Lord, it's a kids movie. I read the book and the movie wasn't too bad, but as usual, the book is better.

My brother gave me another wierd cartoon network series. Brak. It is definitely different.

21. MoD-Sith

MoD-Sith Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2003
    I watched V for Vendetta (4th time)

greatest movie ever made, if you havn't seen it yet you realy need to its got Star Wars and LOTR actors/ actresses in it. the only problem is you have to see it multiple times to really understand the movie.

22. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    with my late night sleeping habits i am stuck with some pretty crapp choices. So i had to watch the one with tom cruise and nicole kidman when they were irish immigrants. the best part was when cruise got the crap beat out of him and then had the horse roll over him. too bad he lived.

23. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Ah, late night sleeping habits...

That's why I'm playing RF Online right now.

It's not too bad of a game. Looks damn good, too. This is the second time I've tried it, and it's starting to grow on me. Only problem is that while it's really big in Europe and Korea, nobody in the States knows anything about it.

I haven't watched any movies lately.

24. MoD-Sith

MoD-Sith Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2003
    I HATE TOM CRUISE!!!!!!! he is my least favorite person in the world, he is naive and wastes his money on my great grandfathers cult

25. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    So last night I saw Secondhand Lions. Great movie. Took a few to not be creeped out by a pubescent Hailey Joel Osment (sp?) but a great movie nontheless. Next on my list is the Exorcism of Somebody Rose. I hear it is good. My brother owns it, so its not like I am out anything but time if I dont like it. ***shrug***