main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

THE MOVIE SPOOF 3: THE RETURN OF THE SPOOF (New WebDoc Available!)

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by JoeWilka, Jan 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NateCaauwe

NateCaauwe Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2005
    That scene was like a mad rush at the end to get finished. I actually did it twice; and it's considerably different in the final film than it was at the premiere because of time restraints. The hardest part was getting the continuity right, since we're pulling back from the background overall, but we're still cutting between close-ups and wide shots. Also, paying attention to the depth of field was sometimes frustrating. I'm at work at the moment, but when I get home, I'll post a cool screenshot that shows a nifty little ability of Shake...without which that sequence would have set back the release by another day possibly.

2. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    Buh dah bump!

3. Take13

Take13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2007
    ^ agreed

4. NateCaauwe

May 30, 2005
    Hey, I just realized I forgot to post that screenshot :p Shake allowed me to keep rendering multiple scripts even while I worked on another, so I was able to composite these shots one after another. It was pretty handy :D

[image=http://cowdigital.com/images/how_it_was_done.png]

5. G-Unit

G-Unit Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2004
    *whistles* wow amazing stuff nate. you are good. lol

6. JoeWilka

JoeWilka Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2004
    Well guys, as soon as I get Nate's interview I can get to work on the final WebDoc.

7. NateCaauwe

May 30, 2005
    Ah once again the wait for the fans rests on my shoulders. I feel like I'm making some sort of difference in the world, even if it's a negative one :p

8. brook_33

Dec 30, 2003
    Hmm, might the original version of this scene be released, possibly with other deleted scenes?

9. brook_33

Dec 30, 2003
    To anyone involved in the film, where the nighttime scenes in the forest shot during the day?

10. G-Unit

G-Unit Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2004
    I'm guessing yes then a filter was applied in post.

11. BojacRedleif

BojacRedleif Jedi Master star 3

Jun 1, 2004
    One little thing, Is Jason wearing Stripper(tear away) Pants? In the shot where he's inching down the stacked mats it's really noticable.

12. Take13

Jan 2, 2007
    I was wondering about that too. It's really obvious.

13. brook_33

Dec 30, 2003
    I noticed that the last time I watched the film.

14. NateCaauwe

May 30, 2005
    Yes he is, and God were they a pain to roto. Same with those spikes on his shoulders...and his hair...and Joe's unzipped vest flapping in the wind...and his weird little shoulder pads...you know, these guys just sucked to roto overall...dot dot dot[face_tired]

15. madhorizons

madhorizons Jedi Master star 3

May 10, 2006
    Have you guys thought about submitting to Dragoncon Film Fest to get shown? I mentioned it a while ago, but was so long, that the thought was surely forgotten. I know there has been stuff from other folks on the this forum to have their stuff shown there (Reign of the Fallen and The Injured Stormtrooper [which got award in parody/spoof category], SW: Revelations are the ones i have seen that have been shown there). Granted, i believe most of the stuff in the film fest are short (10-20mins), but RotF is just around 1hr.

Just a thought

16. brook_33

Dec 30, 2003
    Bump - Anything new?

17. Take13

Jan 2, 2007
    Like news on the next webdoc? ;)

18. NateCaauwe

May 30, 2005