main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

THE MOVIE SPOOF: THE MOVIE Gets New Hosting! (Plus a Behind-the-Scenes Look at the Film)

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Sau-Den, Aug 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sau-Den

Sau-Den Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Do you export the files out edited for fx or do you render the rough project out?

Neither. I just send the original uncut source footage and let the fx artists no how much of it needs to be done. Although for saber fights I render out a rough-cut of the scene edited because lightsaber rotoing is a tedious job and it's not fair to make a person do more than they need.

2. G-Unit

G-Unit Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2004
    Do you just edit that part in a different sequence and render it out as uncompressed AVI?

3. Sau-Den

Aug 3, 2002
    Do you just edit that part in a different sequence and render it out as uncompressed AVI?

What do you mean, exactly?

4. G-Unit

May 23, 2004
    In Premiere you got your primary sequence with the movie laid out. You know how you can create a new suquence within the same project? Do you make a new seq. and put just a certain lets say lightsaber sequence in it, edit the shot, and then render it out uncompressed to send to your FX guys?

5. crazylegs1138

crazylegs1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 12, 2002
    While I'm not sure exactly how Joe edits, it is fairly straight forward. First, he imports the footage from the camera. Each "shot" is in its own video file. You see when DMP mentions "Shot 339" that is the name of the shot. This keeps things organized.

Then two things happen to these shots. First, the ones that need effects added are zipped up and sent out to the effects artists. He then uses these same raw shots to edit a "rough" cut of the movie. Once the completed shots start comming back, he can simply replace the raw shot with the effects shot in the timeline.

Hope that wasn't confusing. While I haven't really talked to Joe about how he edits, I have done some shots for him and that is how I figured he did it.

BTW, I would be willing to do some shots tonight. I will aim you dmp, I already have you in my buddylist.

6. G-Unit

May 23, 2004
    Yeah that makes more sense. Thanks for the input, and I will be working a little on my shot for MS2 as well.

7. DMPjedi

DMPjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2003
    Okay then :D Sounds like we got the positions filled, that went over nice.

Thanks everyone! :D

8. JoeyH

JoeyH Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 14, 2004
    Okay, just to detract from the abundance of computational workings posts, I'll say that I've finally watched The Movie Spoof in it's entirety. It's an awesome film, in short. Occasionally there'll be quite a bit of weak acting (I would consider myself quite weak, so if I see anything down on my level, it must be bad) primarily from the Harry Potter kid, and the War Captain. Both voices were just too fake for me. However, Joe, you and Jason were awesome throughout all of it (except for that look you gave when you entered the poker room). My favourite line has to be at the end of the Braveheart speech, because the way your voice changes and you say "MY FRICKIN' PLANT!" is hilarious. Props.

Movie Spoof 2 looks great so far. You seem to have gained a bit of even weight, and now look relatively normal. I noticed in the scene where you came around the corner and leaned on the wall...your face and neck just seemed to have filled out a bit. Did I also see Erin wielding a lightsaber?

9. Sau-Den

Aug 3, 2002
    Movie Spoof 2 looks great so far. You seem to have gained a bit of even weight, and now look relatively normal.

What's that suppose to mean!?! Hehe, just kidding. Yeah, I have put on a bit more weight and muscle since my freshmen year. That's what football season will do to ya. And Zeus is suppose to be a lot more of a fighter in MS2 than he was in MS1, so we wanted to buff him up some more. So I hit the weight room quite often.

Did I also see Erin wielding a lightsaber?

Yes sir, but she probably doesn't wield in the compacity that you're all thinking. I will say no more.

10. BojacRedleif

BojacRedleif Jedi Master star 3

Jun 1, 2004
    Yeah the screaming "MY FRICKEN PLANT!" is fricken funny, it sounds like my 5 year old neice when she throws a fit.

11. MatrixSWX2

MatrixSWX2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 30, 2003
    I had to watch that part twice cause I didn't know what he said at first.

12. G-Unit

May 23, 2004
    Is she kinda like Jason? All stiff and no fluid motion? Did he even improve on that this time around? MS was during your freshman year? Man, I gotta get a film made now, before I graduate next year.

13. MatrixSWX2

Jul 30, 2003
    I know exactly how you feel G-Unit. I've been trying to come up with a good movie idea for about a year and a half.

14. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    I thought you already had one?

15. MatrixSWX2

Jul 30, 2003
    I had to cancel the idea cause a couple of my friends moved away. But, I'm still gonna do it in the near future.

16. G-Unit

May 23, 2004
    Its difficult to come up with an idea that nobody else has alredy done, and tehn to actually go out and make it is a challenge in itself. Kudos to Joe and his group for accomplishng two films. I have a film in the pre-production stage right now, and it will be made for the summer. Just you wait!

17. JoeyH

JoeyH Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 14, 2004
    I am about 17 as well, and in a few weeks I'll be beginning principal photography of a film my friend and I are putting together. We've known each other for two years already, and after about a year and a half of working on a script and general ideas, we're finally putting it together. Well...I'M putting it together; he's computer illiterate. "FU: The Life and Times of Fred Uzwyshyn", a completely false documentary (including lightsabers, just for good measure).

18. Sau-Den

Aug 3, 2002
    Is she kinda like Jason? All stiff and no fluid motion? Did he even improve on that this time around? MS was during your freshman year? Man, I gotta get a film made now, before I graduate next year.

Jason has very much improved in his fighting, all of us have. First of all, MS1 was our first attempt at choreographing a saber fight and we didn't really practice it too much. But now our fight choreographer actually has weapons training and we practice for hours a day weeks in advance, and then we practiced a bit with Erin to make sure her fighting looked decent.

19. G-Unit

May 23, 2004
    Ah, always good to work weeks ahead. I find that if you do it too early the actors (in your case actress as well) forget the choreography. I sugget always doing it about maybe a month in advance with a lot of repetitions. I still say the cat should be an attacker, maybe the fortress guardian. Who's your choreographer and what has he trained in?

20. Sau-Den

Aug 3, 2002
    Who's your choreographer and what has he trained in?

Paul Conzemius (also an executive producer) and he is trained in various forms of Jujitsu (sp?).

21. G-Unit

May 23, 2004
    Did he train between the films for that specific purpose of choreographing?

22. Sau-Den

Aug 3, 2002
    He started his training in between films, but his reasons were not for the movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.