main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Movie & Television Character Draft 3: Nothin' or Double - congrats, EF

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by Zizz, Jun 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    I am glad it didn't, I had a last minute change of heart. :p

I am hoping to still get the other pick at my next turn, though for some reason I doubt it will still be available.

2. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Woah it has been far too long since I last played in a draft. I cannot believe how eager I am. Movies and Television, I love you.

3. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    I had a family emergency and have been out of town, with limited Internet access. Give me...maybe a few hours and I'll have my pick. I was not expecting the...trend that has happened here.

4. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    White Dino Ranger (Trent Mercer)(Power Rangers Dino Thunder)

------Neo(The Matrix)------
    [image=http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p14/beatnikloserkid/Movies/matrix.png]
    My name...Is Neo

-------Trent Mercer-------
    [image=http://b8.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/01201/86/88/1201528868_l.jpg]
    I'm not here to make friends.

5. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    I hope everything is okay, EF?

6. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    I was thinking the same thing, family emergencies are never good. Hope all is well EF. [face_peace]

7. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Ditto. Thoughts going out your way, bud.

8. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Thanks guys. It is appreciated.

Just noticed someone is not on the list that should be, and with the number of villain squads, it's really a shame.

9. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    I have noticed a few things missing on that list as well. Who did you notice?

10. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    Obviously Bane from Batman and Robin...

11. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    That would be a good one, brainless but strong. Now that you mention it, why isn't Ra's Al Ghul on there? He was cool.

Some of the Mortal Combat characters from the movies would be cool as well, though that may step into Video Game Draft territory.

EDIT: Where is Simon Phoenix from Demolition Man? Or anyone from the Johnny Mnemonic film?

12. captain-fantastic

captain-fantastic Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2007
    As long as we're doing comic book movie villains, what about Green Goblin? Dude is agile, superhuman strength, obviously has tech and resources. Wouldn't be a great pick, but could round out a villain team.

13. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    As long as their feats are kept strictly to film appearances I would love it.

14. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    I wouldn't be opposed to editing in some more villains. None that I can think of, or none that are currently being discussed, are really first or second round talent. Some of them make sense, as there were new heroes added without their villain counterparts, and none of them have been picked yet.

On the other hand, it's the GM's own fault for continuing to go villain. Also, the hero teams are always fighting it out over picks in every draft. The only reason villain teams now seem so stretched is because they have never really been stretched before. Usually if you go villain you're going to have a very solid team(unless you blow it), which is not always the case for a hero team, even if you draft semi-soundly.

It does seem slightly unbalanced for a draft to be able to easily accomodate 8 or 9 good teams, and only about 5 villain teams. But I guess that's usually the case.

15. captain-fantastic

captain-fantastic Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2007
    That's what I was thinking when I saw Spider-Man on the list but not the Goblin or any of the others.

16. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    I would personally suggest that if any changes are made, they wait until the next draft. I am not a fan of things changing mid-game, it just doesn't seem fair to me.

Though there are a lot of villains that are being ignored, it seems appropriate that a villain be added if his/her hero counterpart is added.....but in a lot of cases that isn't happening for some reason.

Oh well, that is what discussions between drafts are for I guess. :p

17. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Except, are there even 98 villains on the list in the first place?

18. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    I don't think so, but hey you can always give me Willow and I will give you my 3rd round pick so you can go the hero route. :D

:p

Seriously though, what ever the Commish wants to do I will back. I would honestly love to see some more villains on the list, but won't argue for them being added until the next draft.

19. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Yeah, changing the list mid-way isn't going to happen. It's not like we rushed into this, we had a pretty long discussion about the list beforehand, and it still seems fine to me. Yeah, the villain list may be stretched a bit thin, but I think it's safe to say there are more top-end villains than there are top-end heroes. And there are also WAY more (virtually) unpickable heroes who are all but duds, in comparison to far fewer on the villain end. We'll see how this continues though, if all else fails, there are still a bunch of anti-hero types who might work better on a hero squad, but would still suffice on an evil one.

20. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Stay the course. That's always a good idea. Too bad about the lack of villains though. We'll just have to be extra vigilant for villains next time. There are more out there.

21. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    There are tons more out there.

I am thinking about starting to go hero, at least then I would be able to sabotage some of you hero GM's. :p

22. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Okay... I have decided to pick one of them *OTHER* Power Rangers....

Leanbow, Wolf Warrior - "Burning Heart of Fire! Wolf Warrior, Defender of Truth!" from Power Rangers: Mystic Force, otherwise known as Koragg the Knight Wolf in his evil form, which is what I am selecting.

[image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/cc/Leanbow.JPG/240px-Leanbow.JPG]

[image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/55/Mysticforcekoraggknightwolf2.jpg/240px-Mysticforcekoraggknightwolf2.jpg]

23. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Okay, so teamed up with Smith, are we assuming that this guy is still in his villain stage as the Knight Wolf dude?

I mean, the way you labeled him, it doesn't really sound like you picked his evil self, so I just wanna be sure.

24. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    That's what I was wondering. Not that he can't drop/add once FA rolls around, and pick up the Wolf fella that way.

25. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Surprising move, in any case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.