main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Movie & Television Character Draft 3: Nothin' or Double - congrats, EF

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by Zizz, Jun 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    SEMI FINALS!

Oscar Conference

Team Sea Slug vs The Galactic Mayhem Misfits

Emmy Conference

Angry Kids with Rocks vs Team Evil Monkey

Nombres en 24.

2. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Fight fight fight fight

3. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Oh, that reminds me! Tyi-Maet_Nefer, BartSimpson-SithLord, Talon_Kenobi, The_Loyal_Imperial. You are all losers.

4. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    I can't believe I survived that round. [face_dancing]

5. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    [image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/8/87/Luke_whining.jpg/100px-Luke_whining.jpg]

That's impossible!

6. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Sorry, the location isn't actually The Pits - that was a mistake on my part.

And we're off.

Oscar Conference

Team Sea Slug vs The Galactic Mayhem Misfits

Emmy Conference

Angry Kids with Rocks vs Team Evil Monkey

Five.

[hl=green][color=yellow]Oscar Conference[/color][/hl]
    Location: [i]Dorian Gray's Library (The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen)[/i]

[color=seagreen]Agent J (Men In Black) *Prepared*[/color] vs [color=black]Lucian (Underworld) TRUMPED with General Grievous (Star Wars)[/color]

[hl=orangered][color=white]Emmy Conference[/color][/hl]

[color=darkblue]Data (Star Trek) *Prepared*[/color] vs [color=green]Ba'al (Stargate) TRUMPED with Commander Cody (Star Wars) *Prepared*[/color][/b]

I'm thinking both trumps. I'll give some time though.

7. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    I cannot see how Data would lose that.

And J has a shot, but a brief one.

8. JediVegeta

JediVegeta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    Well...Data vs. Cody again!! But with a new player. Well, I have no clue about Stargate. I saw some pictures....but there seems to be a lot of Ba'als.....hm...

Just because there is one more person there doesn't mean that Data cannot win here....unless Ba'al can blow up galaxies with his mind. :p
    But seriously, from what I gather, reading his bio and so on, the doesn't seem to have much to give to the trump.

9. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    J would have a very very very tough time with Grievous alone. Trump wins.

I never said Data couldn't win. At the same time, you aren't providing me with much evidence for why he should win. It's a close match no doubt, but Cody is going to fall right in line under Ba'al, who has shown to be an able enough strategist. Certainly not on the level of Data, but I don't see that disadvantage making or breaking this match. Stargate + Star Wars tech > Star Trek tech (say that five times fast). The trump will likely have vehicles, Goa'uld shielding, and weaponry equal or better to anything Data can bring. While Data has advantages in the usual strength/speed/durability categories, I think the fact that he'll have to contend with two well armed and equipped soldiers is going to be too much. Trump wins.

10. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
  11. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Oscar Conference

Team Sea Slug vs The Galactic Mayhem Misfits (1)

Emmy Conference

Angry Kids with Rocks vs Team Evil Monkey (1)

Six

[color=seagreen]Sonny (I, Robot)[/color] vs [color=black]Koragg the Knight Wolf ["Other" Ranger] (Power Rangers: Mystic Force) *Prepared*[/color]

[color=darkblue]Nick Russell [Red Mystic Ranger] (Power Rangers: Mystic Force)[/color] vs [color=green]Durza (Eragon) *Prepared*[/color][/b]

[b]Koragg.[/b]

We've already had the second one, and as close a match as it is, I can't see myself voting for Durza anymore now than I did at the start of the draft. [b]Nick[/b] wins another scorcher.

12. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I'll vote for Koragg as well, and accept the other match without looking into it if it's already been done.

13. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Oscar Conference

Team Sea Slug vs The Galactic Mayhem Misfits (2)

Emmy Conference

Angry Kids with Rocks (1) vs Team Evil Monkey (1)

Six

[color=seagreen]Trent Mercer [White Ranger] (Power Rangers: Dino Thunder)[/color] vs [color=black]Viktor (Underworld)[/color]

[color=darkblue]Jason Lee Scott [Gold Ranger] (Power Rangers: Zeo)[/color] vs [color=green]Ni-Chang (The Forbidden Kingdom) trumped w/ Lightning (Big Trouble in Little China) trumped w/ Davey Jones (Pirates of the Caribbean)[/color][/b]

[b]Trent[/b]

And ouch, rough draw for the triple trump. But no way they beat Jason. [b]Goldie Hawn[/b] ftw.

14. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Yep. Trent and indeed a godawful draw. Jason wins. Not gonna say it's super easy for him, but I just don't see any way for the trump to win.

15. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    It's not an awful draw, it's an awful strategy. No way is two forfeits worth one win, especially not when that trump is not an overkill, automatic win.

That's not how to show up for the playoffs.

16. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Seeing as this team crushed me the first time around, I figured the odds were slim of winning anyway. Plus, Ni-Chang has been an auto loss for me so far, and I don't think Lightning and Davey have won even half of the matches they have been in.

Triple trumping them isn't much different than putting them on the roster seperately. At least this way there is a chance that all of the other teams remaing top picks fall into the forfeits.

I honestly don't expect to make the finals anyway.

17. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Well, yeah, it's that too. It's both, really.

18. JediVegeta

Dec 20, 2000
    Well, that is nice that Jason won. But I am going to say this (although I don't know if it will make a difference or not); but Zizz, I believe the number 6 spot was actually Nick, not Jason.

Just to tell you so that it is fair all around.

19. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Looks like he just forgot to change the number called when he copy/pasted. Six was last round's number as well.

Stupid, lazy Zizz.

20. JediVegeta

Dec 20, 2000
    Ohh. My bad. I saw it, but forgot I saw it. :p Thanks!

21. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Hey, I may be stupid and lazy but, uhh, yeah.

Oscar Conference

Team Sea Slug (1) vs The Galactic Mayhem Misfits (2)

Emmy Conference

Angry Kids with Rocks (2) vs Team Evil Monkey (1)

Deuce

[color=seagreen]Li Mu Bai (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon)[/color] vs [color=black]The Tall Man (Phantasm) *Prepared*[/color]

[color=darkblue]Robocop (Robocop) *Prepared*[/color] vs [color=green]Drake (Blade)[/color][/b]

These matches are okay, but I highly doubt I'll be swayed from [b]The Tall Man[/b] and [b]Drake[/b].

22. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Really? You don't think Li could handle the spheres? Pff.

I mean, just looking at who The Tall Man has had to ever fight...Yeah, I don't know.

23. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I would go Bai, for the simple fact that he managed to slash thousands of tiny darts into pieces in a matter of seconds. I don't see the spheres getting close without being hacked up.

24. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    And, yeah, the Tall Man is definitely not indestructible(he lost his fingers in a door jamb). Obviously that sort of thing doesn't matter in a movie, when a new body will just come waltzing through one of his doors, but that seems like it would be a KO to me. Besides which, I've never seen more spheres than Li couldn't handle on screen at one time.

25. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    I would give the match to Bai if Tall Man were not prepared. My thinking is that TTM is smart enough not to send all of the spheres flying at Bai in one direction - they will attack from every angle imaginable, and one will find its target. And as soon as one finds its target, Bai will be slowed just enough to let others find their target as well.

Sorry for making it seem so one-sided - it's a closer match than I made it appear. But I see a few of the spheres connecting, as long as TTM is smart enough to use at least a wee bit of well thought out strategy. Which I think he is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.