main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion The Movies on TV

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DBPirate, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    vong333 Literally no one in this thread ever even alluded to the EU. No need to bring it up every other post.

2. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Ummm if anything I think Disney has more faith in SW as a brand than Marvel. It's proven to be a much singer franchise, with more merchandise sold and more revenue made. The SW comics have become some of the highest selling comics, more than any Marvel superhero, ironically they are made by Marvel but... But really, it doesn't matter if the logo is there or not. It's still Star Wars, which is all I care about.

3. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I thought they did when they think that Shadows of the Empire will be made into a movie. It's not happening, but I understand. I didn't bother to read anybody else's response on this cause they probably wish it, but....I'll leave it at that and move on.

I don't agree with Disney having more faith in star wars than in Marvel superhero stuff. That's a subjective statement that doesn't speak that the last two Avengers movies have each made worldwide over 1.5 billion in the box office. Iron Man 3 made over a billion dollars in the worldwide boxoffice and it was done on a first run, not like TPM which needed a re-release (that was thought of as a bomb). There confidence is in making sure that the OT is front and center and the prequels remain distant.....Also, Marvel has a slate of movies up to 2010 that are going to be crowd pleasers at the minimum.

Disney expects star wars to be as good or even better than Marvel, but that won't be told until Dec.18.

4. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Yeah, because every Marvel movie makes as much as each SW film... Ant Man isn't that big of a hit, neither were any of the pre Avengers films. Each SW, without inflation, beat them out. It took all the heroes together to make a billion. Using Iron Man 3 as an example is insane, it just came off the heels of Avengers, that's why it cracked a billion. Iron Man 2 didn't make nearly that much. TFA will make a billion on its first run too, so.... SW regardless makes massive money. Super heroes have just only become a major thing, whereas SW has been huge since 1977. So SW as a brand IS much bigger and a better money maker. They broke records alone with a teaser trailer!

Sorry for going off topic, but Disney puts equal attention on both brands, but for the moment they are going more for SW.

5. Mandalore The Ultimate

Mandalore The Ultimate Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 15, 2015
    I don't have ABC or Disney XD but I still see star wars on other channels. Not to long ago, I saw ROTS on TVA ( French-Canadian television network ).

6. lowell

lowell Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 11, 2014
    ABC would be one of your local channels if you want to look for it. They would have shows like Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, the Muppets, and Modern Family.

7. Mandalore The Ultimate

Mandalore The Ultimate Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 15, 2015
    I live in Québec, ABC isn't a local TV network here.

Poe loves Rey likes this.
  8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Just a note for UK folks who get Sky Movies - they will be doing SW Weekends during August. The films, as well as features, will be shown on Sky Movies Greats. More details can be found here.

9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Update on the above - according to my Sky EPG Aug 8 will be a run-through of Season 1 and Season 2 (most of) of the Clone Wars. Sunday will be the OT and remaining CW season 2. After that is SW: The Legacy Revealed from 2007 and then a few episodes of Science of SW to fill the gap until 6am Monday morning.

10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Upping because as of today Sky Movies SF (channel 304) is now Sky Movies SW and will be running a mix of the six films, Clone Wars, and Rebels episodes. I think I read this is supposed to last through the holiday season.

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy likes this.