main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Atlantic The Mr. and Miss ACG pagent is here!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by NeutralSock, May 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NeutralSock

NeutralSock Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2003
    Yes, ladies and gentleman, that is right! The first bi-annual Mr. and Miss ACG pagent has reached your forum!

I am NeutralSock. Yes, I am a sock. Just to quiet any suspections you may have, I am a long time ACGer, as is my partner in the pagent, who shall remain nameless. The two of us thought this would be a great time to have a little fun, and have our own pagent!

The rules are simple and as follows:

1) Anyone who wants to play, PM me and tell me why you think you should be Mr. or Miss ACG. These can be as funny or as serious as you want. These will be posted in the pagent thread for everyone to see.

2) Contestants agree this is just for fun, and will not be upset with any results that come down.

3) Contestants will have three days to "campaign." After three days, on Friday, May 30th, two polls will be made, one for Mr. ACG, and one for Miss ACG.

3) No sock votes; only Canadian members are allowed to vote, who have posted for at least three months in the ACG.

4) Voters will NOT post who they voted for, only a post which says, "I voted," so we can keep track of how many legit people voted vs. how many votes there are. Of course, there is no way to track the votes, so all we ask is that you please be honest. We're relying on the honour system here.

5) All results are final, pending voting in the poll for three days

6) Titles last for six months, than another pagent will be held. These are not official titles, just something interesting you can put in your sigs and bios.

Any questions? If so, then ask away! You can PM me your write-ups anytime between now and Thursday, May 29th. Remember, the earlier you get your PM in, the more time you will have to run! The polls will be up on the night of Friday, May 30th. Remember, this is all in fun. So let the fun begin!

2. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Um . . . I'm not Canadian, but I've posted in this board for quite a while, and . . . yeah. So am I still out? :p

3. NeutralSock

May 26, 2003
    Good question, Stackpole.

It doesn't matter what your nationality is. As long as you are recognized as a poster in the ACG, then you're good. And you, Stackpole, are a recognized poster.

4. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Cool :D

alas, though, I'm not going to be on for the vote :p

I'll participate in the next one :p

5. DarthBabe

DarthBabe Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 18, 2002
    Nevermind... :D

6. NeutralSock

May 26, 2003
    Anything you would like to include. Name, age, location, who you are, what contributions you feel you've made to the ACG as a whole, why you feel you best represent the ACG, that sort of thing. You can provide all or none of these. It's bascially anything you want to say about yourself.

7. KitFist0

KitFist0 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    I won't be particaipating in the pageant well lets all face I would kick arse, I'm so damn sexy thats why :p

why you feel you best represent the ACG

Seriously I won't because I'm not an Atlantic Canadian, I'm a Quebecer. And I want the ACG to be represented by someone who is native of this geographic area ;)

Good luck to everyone, I will be voting so watch what you say to me [face_devil]

8. THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA

THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2003
    lol... i also am an american posting in this thread... am i also allowed to campaign should i care too?

9. AT-ST_DRIVER

AT-ST_DRIVER Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    So, would Princess (me) run for miss or mister? :p

EDIT: blah

10. Jobi-wan-Kenobi

Jobi-wan-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2003
    I hope you go for Mr.

11. NeutralSock

May 26, 2003
    Well, KitFist0, there will be a variety of people running, and not all of them will be from Atlantic Canada. You would be representing the Atlantic Canada General forum. This leaves it open to anyone, Canadian or American, Atlantic Canadian or any other province or state. It doesn't matter. What matters is your representation of the ACG. And with the ACG represented in your sig already, I think you should have no problem running in this pagent.

12. Jobi-wan-Kenobi

Jan 19, 2003
    I thought you said the pm's would be posted

13. NeutralSock

May 26, 2003
    They will be, Jobi-wan-Kenobi.

14. Jobi-wan-Kenobi

Jan 19, 2003
    ok just was wondering if you got it but i guess you did

15. AT-ST_DRIVER

AT-ST_DRIVER Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    1) Anyone who wants to play, PM me and tell me why you think you should be Mr. or Miss ACG. These can be as funny or as serious as you want.

Done. :D

16. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
  17. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    I have no idea what this is, but some chick with blue colours told me to join, so here I am. :)

18. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    It wasn't me! I swear!

Follow the instructions I sent in the PM, hun. And then send it to the sock!

19. NeutralSock

May 26, 2003
    Ok, just so everything can be in somewhat of an order, I am going to create a new thread for the write-ups I receive. I would ask that no one post in the new thread I will create, so it will not get cluttered. Any questions or comments can be posted in this thread or via PM. The ones I have gotten look great! Keep them coming, please.

20. Sar-Tamber-lac

Sar-Tamber-lac Jedi Master star 5

May 24, 2002
    *wonders if she should make herself presentable for this pagent*

*realizes she just got off of work and really doesn't care what she looks like!*

LOL...wow, a pagent! I can finally participate in a real pagent!

*runs out and buys a dress and tiara, after she sends her PM*

21. NeutralSock

May 26, 2003
    So far I have write-ups from Jobi-wan-Kenobi, Darthbabe, AT-ST_Driver, Ramble_boba, and Sar-Tamber-lac. It would be great to get some more of you involved. It doesn't matter who you are, as long as you're a recognized poster on the ACG!

22. Jobi-wan-Kenobi

Jan 19, 2003
    Evan though I'm in the pagent can i still vote for other people?

23. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    Where's Derek's writeup? He told me he sent it in. :(

24. C-3PX

C-3PX Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    I win, that's the end of this.

And if you want to know why I win hands down? Because it's my birthday so I get whatever I want, so :p

25. JacensGirl

JacensGirl Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2003
    I'm not participating cause I still consider myself somewhat of a newbie and haven't posted that much here....yet [face_mischief]

Though, I'm confident I could win if I chose to run :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.