main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN The MSC/DSC 2004 Planning and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon Tim, Jan 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Oh, and believe it or not, the Commercial Appeal actually printed a correction on March 30th, 2004 about the little SNAFU in their article about MSC:

"The Suspicious Mind Trick is a "Star Wars" fan group. A story Friday incorrectly referred to the group as a "Star Trek" organization." - Memphis Commercial Appeal

They're now putting fan group meeting info in the paper, BTW. I guess I should contact them about the next Drive-In night. I wonder if they'll incorrectly state that we'll be showing Star Trek III: The Search for Spock?

BTW- Traci and I saw Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan last night on AMC (starring a rather embarrassed-looking Ricardo Montelban). Trekkies can't say crap about the acting, direction, and special effects in Star Wars films. Man, what a stinker.

2. WonderPants

WonderPants Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2003
    I brought WoT recently (only for £5 inc postage, I hasten to add).

Cheesy cheesy cheesy!

I did see a nice animation of Shatner bellowing "Khannnnn!!""" recently. I must post it here for y'all.

3. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Yeah, but didn't Khan look like he could kick the crap outta Kirk?! Dude was in shape!

Ok- who knows the major continuity error of that movie..?

BTW- which C/A paper was the MSC article originally shown in? I need to get Kev, Kev, or Spud to post the MSCA meeting info in there as well.

4. WonderPants

WonderPants Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2003
  5. TK_1427

TK_1427 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2003
    Why is that blacked out? Did you use foul language or something?

6. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    No, just highlight the text with your mouse, Chuck. It's a blackout hightlight that we use to cover spoilers. You know, just in case someone actually wants to see the movie who hasn't seen it before, we don't want to ruin it for them.

7. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Okay, but how long has Wrath of Kahn been out? 8-} I think there's a time limit..... [face_laugh]

8. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Yep, Ben- that's it. There was another helmsman onboard the Enterprise before Chekov. Also, Khan and his crew all were dark-headed. Granted, I believe it was a blonde that was sentenced to go with Khan, that still wouldn't explain all of the survivors looking Nordic instead of middle-eastern.

Live long and prosper...

9. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    [image=http://www.memphisgibfest.com/midsouthcon04/PDC_0095.JPG]

[image=http://www.memphisgibfest.com/midsouthcon04/PDC_0096.JPG]

It gets worse!

Breakin'2-Electric Boogaloo!

10. DarthToddy

DarthToddy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2004
    Who is that red-faced, out of shape man who looks hunched back and clueless????? HE'S GORGEOUS!!!!!!!

OMG <(Sal impersonation)

Oh wait I know him from somewhere......

John

11. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    John temporarily lapsed into Dick from "Third Rock from the Sun", didn't he?

All I can say about my pics is....

DIET TIME!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.