main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN The MSC/DSC 2004 Planning and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon Tim, Jan 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Yeah, that's cool. I'll book it if Tim or Rhonda doesn't first.

I'm looking forward to this, too. I'm hoping my buddy Mike at DH can get us the hook-up on some cool stuff. They've got a lot of hot titles right now, and a few movie projects in the works or coming out soon.

Good to hear about the other SW fan you met. Found out at ShadowCon there's a 501st member out in the Bartlett/Cordova area. Maybe we'll have some good turnouts for this year's Drive-In Movie Nights!

Lin

2. Star_Blazer_M31

Star_Blazer_M31 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2003
    Seeing as how Joy, Jay, and I are perhaps 15-20 minutes away from the hotel, we probably won't be booking a room. Or I won't be, at least. *L* Let's just hope I don't end up showing up to con with my backpack full of homework! That would majorly suck!

Curse you, college!!

-Darth Grace*

3. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    I just live about 10-15 minutes from the hotel, but since the only time I really ever drink is at cons...

4. kellilla

kellilla Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    I'm hoping to come on friday night & all day saturday. I doubt I'll get a room as I have another con in Nashville the very next weekend I have to pay for rooms for, so I need to save the money :D

5. skip1

skip1 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    Coming over to the Anime con huh?????
    i was thinking of coming over there saturday to mess around.not sure though.
    would star wars characters be welcome?

6. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    You'd probably have to put some REALLY big eyes on your Vader costume!

7. kellilla

Sep 4, 2002
    heehee, vader with big ole anime eyes...

yep, I've been going the past two times and wouldn't miss it for the world! And seems like every anime con I've ever been too always has a few troopers and jedi hanging around, and most people are happy to see them. If anybody give you any trouble just tell them "there was a star wars manga, duh." That's what I did in Amidala at one, hee.

8. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    How's the costume contest there? I'll pass on setting up at ShadowCon next year and probably head up there. I've got a few friends up in Nashville I can stay with, so I wouldn't need a hotel room.

Do they have a model kit contest? I've got a few manga kits I'd like to finish and enter if they do.

9. kellilla

Sep 4, 2002
    Their costume contest is fun, pretty laid back the past two years. The woman who runs it is really nice, and really knows her stuff.
    Last year they had around 5-6 models out in the art room - I'm not sure if it's a model contest or just a display, though!

10. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Cool, I'll check with them and keep my calendar open for it next year. It'll give me a chance to see some friends up there- and time to get a few kits done! I'm actually sculpting a kit now based on a friend's character (Jetta) which is a cross between American comics and anime. If it turns out well I may take it and see if he and his wife want to go. They love anime and will be at MSC. I should have the kit done for MSC and will put it in the art show. We'll see if I actually have kits made of it by then. (crossed fingers!)

11. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    I talked to Sal on Sunday, and he wants in on the room deal for MSC.

12. Star_Blazer_M31

Star_Blazer_M31 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2003
    That's the con I'm heading to as well. ^^

Jay was intending to go to the anime con as Batman, and I'm positive that Star Wars would be welcome, seeing as how Star Wars was made in to a manga. So there's your technicality. ^^

-Darth Grace*

13. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    "I talked to Sal on Sunday, and he wants in on the room deal for MSC. "[/i}

That's cool- safety in #'s!

So what's he been up to? Tell him to get back on the boards!

14. TK_1427

TK_1427 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2003
    Hey everyone! I hope you all are going to MSC. Lin you better have a drink with me!!!!!!! Whats everyones plans?

Chuck

15. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Trust me, I'll have more than ONE drink!

16. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Lin apparently only drinks at Cons. Wonder why that is? Hmmmm.....

OK, so far, we have six people who are wanting to get rooms at MSC. Lin, Sal, Tim C, Rhonda, Traci, and myself.....

Annyone else? I'll need to reserve these by no later than the end of next week. So far, we're at three rooms for Friday and Saturday night. Do we need to make it four?

17. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    "Lin apparently only drinks at Cons. Wonder why that is? Hmmmm....."

Mostly a combitnation of 400lbs+ women in fur and chain bikinis, quasi-Klingon/Vikings, vampires and a lack of anything non-beer to drink!

18. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    And this has nothing to do with your once being grabbed by a 500 lb, fur-and-chain-mail-clad woman shouting, "Yer my little puppy now!"

You can't see me!

They were doing that on the Nicktoon "Angry Beavers"! Traci and I were rolling on the floor!

19. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Man, luckily I ahaven't had any of the women (or MEN!) at the cons try to make me theirs! I have been slightly afraid from time to time, not to mention felling a bit sick! Maybe I'm just saving myself for the RIGHT 400lbs+ woman in a fur or chain bikini..

20. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Admit it. You're just looking for someone to play "Zippers" with.

21. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Is that anything like Jenga?

22. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    No, Jenga was Jango's wife.

23. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    He was married? Man, can you imagine if there had been a custody battle over Boba?!

24. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Compared to what she would have done to him in court, what Mace did to him would seem like a happy dream.

----

We'll need a final list of those who are planning on rooming with us at MSC by 5:00 PM on Friday, January 30th. I'll be making our reservations after that.

25. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Compared to what she would have done to him in court, what Mace did to him would seem like a happy dream.

And Mace didn't ask for any alamony or half of his stuff, or pull a 'Bobbit' on him!

Wonder how Anakin gets outta his marriage? Did Obi-Wan actually do all that damage to him, or did Padme' get tired of his all-nighters with the other jedi/ coming home drunk with Obi-Wan and just beat him senseless after he fell asleep? Was it spousal abuse? Did she take half of his stuff? Being a jedi, did he have any stuff to take half of? I guess we'll have to wait until the next episode of 'As the Death star Turns'!

We'll need a final list of those who are planning on rooming with us at MSC by 5:00 PM on Friday, January 30th. I'll be making our reservations after that.

Do you want to start a new thread or do a roll call here? If so, I'm in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.