main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN The MSC/DSC 2004 Planning and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon Tim, Jan 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Thanks, Michael. She sent me confirmation info last night. She was just "extremely swamped", but she did know who Dana was and all about MSC.

Yep, I went to the Dark Side today and posted while at work. I wasn't doing too much else, I hate to admit. I guess I should bring a sewing machine with me and work on costuming.

2. Mkingsley

Mkingsley Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2003
    Tim Glad to hear it. The current hotel management more or less likes us, 'cuz we're not a bunch of drunken, obnoxious Shriners, or something like that. Before I moved to Memphis, I heard that the hotel management there (different chain of hotels) was just too freaked to deal with people in costumes. I guess she just wanted to rent rooms to Southern Baptists, or COGIC, or something safe and normal like that.

3. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    They consider COGIC safe? The folks notorious for complaining and not tipping? I have to laugh at that one!

Traci and I did decide to stay Friday night. We got us a room on the Concierge Level. I don't know what the proximity is to the Con area, but anything is OK with me.

4. Obi_J_Kenobi

Obi_J_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    I actually shall be attending msc this year. damn, three costumes to work on. Clone Trooper, Anakin Skywalker, and ......The PUNISHER...wierd hunh..Anakin and Punisher I got down, but I don't even know where to begin with the CLone trooper. Seeing that Sal said I looked like young Boba Fett...*grumble* yeah yeah yeah, with the tripple chin extra..I'm all for sharing a room, just let me know when to pay and who to pay and I will...oh yeah...what to pay as well.

5. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    So far, Jay, the Saturday night SMT suite participants are Lin, Sal, Rhonda, Tim C., Traci,, and me. If you want in, let me know. At this point, we're up to employing air mattresses, and I'm sure we can fit in a few more folks. I'll have to get back with you on the exact rate. The lady at the hotel gave me confirmation numbers but no pricing. As best as I can tell, it'll be $265.59 for the whole shibang. As far as Friday night accommodations, those are entirely up to individual members.

6. Obi_J_Kenobi

Obi_J_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    sounds like a deal..*slaps hands together...* heh It's on like Donkey Kong WENCH!! I've been looking forward to going to a con...not to mention the fact that I'm free....yes yes....FREE!!!

7. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    And there are plenty of large women in fur-and-chainmailbikinis just waiting there to make you their little puppy, Jay! :p

8. TK_1427

TK_1427 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2003
    Obi_J PM me about the Clone Trooper.

Chuck

9. TK_1427

TK_1427 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2003
    Mmmmmm Chainmail!

10. TamboFett

TamboFett Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 8, 2003
    Only a few weeks to go. I will bring the Jango costume, but I'll be wearing a new costume for the contest on Saturday, can't wait. Looking forward to seeing you guys from last year. I think I need to rent a U-haul. Skip needs one more then me and has a few cool new costumes as well. It should be a fun time.

11. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Looking forward to seeing you and the guys again, Glenn!

And we'll see U-haul later!

Get it?? Get it? nudge, nudge, wink, wink

U-haul.....You all....

Get it??

Nevermind.

I'm off to bed.

12. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Tim: You forgot to follow that up with a "Wokka-wokka!"

As far as briging a sewing machine to work, I was cleaning up a couple sculpts this morning while I was waiting for the new Norton's to install on my computer this morning!

Glenn: Looking forward to seeing what else you've come up with. Did you get all your Jengo metal armor pieces finished? I had a hard time telling the difference last year!

Mike: How's things coming for the con? Has anyone responded on sending any goodies for the freebie tables? Let me know if you need any help on Firday. I'll be there early to help out with the art show.

Jay: Bring on yo' bad self! It's because of craking jokes at MSC last year with you, Sal, Tim, and Traci that I'm in the SMT now!

I'll get even with you all if it's the last thing I ever do...

13. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Lin: [Large guy in prison voice-or typical 400lb woman in chain-mail bikini at MSC voice]You our little puppy now![/voice]

There is no escape for you. Once you've started down the SMT path, forever will it dominate your destiny!

14. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    You'd know!

15. TamboFett

Jul 8, 2003
    Yup the Jango costume is all metal from head to toe, except for the gauntlets and jetpack. Been working on several costumes this past year. I helped my bud Ivan with his Jaster Mereel costume (mandalorian that trained Jango from EU) and it looks great after 3 major mods. Finishing off the last things on the new one for Midsouth*Con.

16. Ima_Toydarian

Ima_Toydarian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2003
    Excellent, most excellent...

Everyone who's seen pics of your suit are just blown away by it! Looking forward to seeing what the other 501st folks come as.

We've had a SW sweatshop going the past couple months!

I've got a new Jedi costume(thanks, Tim!), and we should have at least 3-4 other members with new SW duds, as well as a few more with thier previous Jedi/SW costumes and a buddy who's coming as a Ghost Buster. He just got finished re-vamping his proton pack.

17. skip1

skip1 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    yep,Tambo is right.
    im not sure how im gonna even get all 3 costumes there this time.im bringing vader,and 2 new ones.one of which is star wars related and the other well...isnt.

this new costume ill be wearing in the masquerade was quite a feat.i lost track when i went over 100 hours of labor.and no thats not a mis-type.the head alone took nearly a month and well over 40+ hours.since there arent parts available for this costume,nearly everything was scratch built.i was able to aquire a few pcs from friends off the RPF but that wasnt much.
    cant wait to see the reaction when i come down to the contest in it!

18. TamboFett

Jul 8, 2003
    That's great that you guys have your own Jedi costumes and lightsabers...better get that training remote out and deflect some blaster bolts because the 501st is gonna be in the house. Skip, people are gonna flip thier wigs when they see you....

19. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    With Survivor's Quest now out and widely-read, shouldn't the 501st be practicing marching in formation....

...behind a couple of Jedi? :p

Looking forward to seeing the costumes, guys and gals, but I'm moreso looking forward to hanging out. If anyone sees me without a drink in my hand, then please remedy the situation immediately. (And don't look for me to be staying "in character". Stevie Sansweet can kiss my foot and fine me a quarter.)

Reminds me that I wish I had time to work on my "Drunken-dried-up-old-British-actor-who-was-in-two-minutes-of-a-Star Wars-film" costume. Anybody got a blue bowtie, a red satin shirt, a blue sport coat, and a bottle of Natty Lite I can borrow?

20. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    With Survivor's Quest now out and widely-read, shouldn't the 501st be practicing marching in formation.......behind a couple of Jedi?

*SQ SPOILER ALERT*
    LOL! And is anybody going to be the alien stormtrooper? You know you gotta have one now. ;)

21. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Man- I've got to read more! I hate it when I don't get the geek-references!

Jedi--Imperial-Bounty Hunter- Wretched Scum and/or Villainy, doesn't matter to me as long as we can get some good group shots! I want to be able to show that there is a Memphis/Mid-South SW presence here! With Ep3 coming out next year this and next year's MSC will be great opportunities to increase our ranks- and maybe get a bit more media attention for us and the con...

Glenn, Skip: bring 'em on- plenty of party to go around!

22. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Don't feel bad Lin. That entire "Hell boy" thread is waaaay over my head. Color me clueless. [face_blush]

23. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Me too... I was like - "huh???" :confused:

24. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    You haven't seen the trailers yet?!

It's gonna be a cool movie...I hope! Hollywood has a way of disappointing me lately...

25. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    You haven't seen the trailers yet?!

Um, not unless they come on Nickelodeon. 8-}

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.