main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN The MSC/DSC 2004 Planning and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon Tim, Jan 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Well, between me and John this weekend you can now say you've seen 'em!

2. kellilla

kellilla Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    good grief, I need to finish my padme, or else I'm going to end up wearing an old costume :B

3. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Get on it, Kel! Tim's going to be doing a bit of a rush on his costume.

Well, if you or he either have to were an old one I know they would both be great.

It seems like whenever I'm checking out con's site, especially their costume contest pics there's always one of you there- and in a different outfit!

4. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Hey, got this from Greg Bridges at MSC. HE asked if I could pass it on.

"I might mention that we plan a game of Wizards Chess on Friday Afternoon. We have a couple chess whizz kids from Memphis Schools play each other on a board large enough to accomdate people in costume in that open area called the Garden Court. This will be about 3pm on Friday and if anyone thinks they can make it we'd LOVE to have them for that. Tell them to get in touch with us as we will need 32 people in costume, of course! This is a dry run for future games but hope to entice a TV station or two to tape it for later. If we know for sure there will be people in costume, we will make arrangements. As it is we will have some cardboard figures for the pieces we don't have real people to play with.

Can you let any of the people you know that are into costumes that we'll be doing this? Just now getting this arranged or would have done it sooner.

Thanks again,
    Greg"

There is also a trip to either St. Jude, the RMH, or Target House. You can PM me if you want to get in touch with Greg.

5. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    They're going to do the charity visit this year? Any idea which day, Lin?

6. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    I'm waiting to hear back the exact time/date/place. I'll post back here as soon as I do. Sherri has already asked me that, too.

7. Star_Blazer_M31

Star_Blazer_M31 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2003
    I really wish I could drop by. :( If I could, it would have to be on Sunday. See, the deal is I can only choose between MSC and Middle Tennessee Anime Con. Seeing as how I've made so many intricate plans for MTAC, I'm choosing that one. I'm hoping to see some familiar faces there. *wink*

And Jay, ya need to let me know if you're still coming with me. Bobby is coming (I'm pretty sure) and Josh is letting us invade his mom's house for that weekend. Hahahahahahaaa!! AND IT WILL BE GREAT SINCE JOY WON'T BE THERE!!!

Oh...did I say that out loud? Whoops.

-Darth Grace*

8. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Grace: If you can't make it out to the con you should stop by later that night to the SMT room. If you have a SW costume bring it so we can get a shot of you for the website.

I know most of us should be ther the whole week, so if you stop by Sunday somebody will be there!

If you don't make it out- be sure to have a good shot taken of you in your SW costume or the new Maul outfit when it is done.

Hope you can make it to MSC!

9. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Yeah, Grace- You need to drop by the SMT suite and throw down with us for a bit.

10. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Yep, don't know if you drink or not- but you've got to have a milkshake! Manohmanohman are they good! There will be some non-alcoholic things there to drink- unless Tim mixes vodka in them first!

Man, I can't believe I'm this excited about going to con! I'm usually hoping I'll just run into someone I know and can avoid the non-deodorant wearing folks...

11. WonderPants

WonderPants Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2003
  12. Obi-G-Y-N

Obi-G-Y-N Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 19, 2004
    Hey- they promised me that photo would never be seen by anyone else..!

Man, "OBton"- that's funny, and scary!

Now where did I put my girdle..?

13. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Where did they get a pic of my brother with a lightsaber?

Yep, we'll probably see that guy at MSC, and I'm sure he won't have showered since that photo was taken.

All I can say is "Thank God there's not a video of that guy"!!

14. Smokem_Alien

Smokem_Alien Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 2002
    I'm getting really excited about Con this year too. Infact I'm more excited than I was last year.

-Tim

15. Obi-G-Y-N

Obi-G-Y-N Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 19, 2004
    Groovy- I think it'll be a blast!

If you guys get a chance on Friday night, swing by the art show. They're having a meet&greet with the artists.

16. skip1

skip1 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    Theres a good chance the 501st will hold another panel there this year.
    Ive emailed dana and told her we would take that 11pm friday night slot.but havent heard back.

the one sat afternoon was during all the afternoon goings on and I know alot of our group will be getting ready for the masquerade.so friday night was better.
    so if you guys are out and about stop by.

skip

17. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Cool- I'll be by to check it out.

Got this off the MSC boards-

For those that want to donate Platelets at St. Jude's Hospital, I think I should point out that their schedule fills up fast. As of this moment (4:30pm) their schedule for Wednesday and Thursday of this week is FULL. THey have some donation slots open for Friday of this week.

For Wednesday and Thursday before the con (March 24th and 25th), they are completely open for Platelet donations.

A caveat - you will need to call them first about any medication you take. Additionally, altho the donation itself takes about 2 hrs. If this is your first occasion to donate to St. Jude's, you will want to add around a half hour for filling out forms.

For those into Convention Namebadge ribbons - we have a nifty St. Judes' Plately Donor ribbon for those that donate too! It goes well with my Gopher ribbon, I might add!

Please call Kim at St. Jude's donor center to arrange the Platelet Donation at 495-3649. Be sure to tell her that Midsouthcon sent you! If you want the ribbon ask her for one or get her to sign something saying you did donate, or tried to donate.

The Platelet Donations save St. Jude's over $800 for each unit, by the way.

Greg Bridges

If any of you get the chance please do. I'm planning on caling this afternoon to make an appointment.

Thanks to Qui-Gon Tim for 'bleeding' for the SMT and LifeBlood at this past Nightmarez!

Lin

18. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Ben, you have got to stop posting that link! (My eyes! My eyes!) [face_laugh]

19. Mkingsley

Mkingsley Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2003
    Okay, we can probably do the costuming panel in a small conference room at 11pm Friday. It's gonna be opposite a comics panel ("It Ain't Easy Being Green" - about green super heroes, like Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Green Hornet, and mebbe even bad guys like Green Goblin), but I can shuffle stuff around so there in more or less adjacent rooms, so people like Lin and I can duck in and out from one room to the other to get in on both panels. Both of the rooms will be the small conference rooms, though, but there is actually quite a lot competing with it at that time, and so people might end up just being dog tired.

We're planning a last-minute, what-have-we-forgotten, tie-up-the-loose-ends type of impromptu meeting tomorrow night. So I won't be able to confirm probably until Fri. morning.

20. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    I'm getting kinda used to jumping back and forth from panels or picking one over another to see. Just glad that there are ones on stuff I dig!

Guess the Hulk would fall into that panel discussion, too! Oh, and Banshee- he's outfit's green AND he's Irish!

Mike: Working on getting a few things for the con suite giveaway. Who do I need to give them to at the con?

21. Mkingsley

Mkingsley Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2003
    Dana would probably be the best choice for giveaway stuff. Sylvia Cox (sjcox@onemain.net) would work too.

22. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Cool- I'm sure I'll see Dana when we set up the art show. Thanks.

23. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Anybody wanna do the Wizard's Chess thing? I really don't want to spend the entirety of Friday afternoon and evening stuck as a prawn....er...I mean pawn, with the songs from the musical "Chess" stuck in my head.

-Grand Admiral Prawn....er....Pawn

24. kellilla

kellilla Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    man I wish I could, cause it sounds really cool, but I don't think I can get off work in time for it.
    almost done with padme :D don't know what I was so freaked out about...

25. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Know how to do alterations, Kell? Traci got the bodice of her Barris Offee costume together, only to find that whoever sized the pattern was a two-legged lie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.