main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN The MSC/DSC 2004 Planning and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon Tim, Jan 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    KELL: Yep, we got it fixed - my mom helped. I can't raise my arms any higher than my shoulders now, but hey....as long as it doesn't interfere with a wine glass, I'm OK. [face_laugh]

No chess for me, dudes. I don't play the game....on purpose. 8-}

2. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    No chess for me either, sounds extremely excrutiating standing there that long. That...and I have to work. 8-}

3. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    If it's only from 3-5pm I'll probably do the chess game. I'll give Greg a shout. It'll give me a chance to wear my new jedi threads. I'll change after back into the SMT jersey and get comfy, too!

Skip: Yep, there's a pool in the back of the hotel- outside! If it gets up over 70 and sunny they may not get frostbite too bad- it's freakin' cold right now!

4. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    I still would like to try and play, mainly so I can wear my costume. Dadnabit, as much work as I've put into the merf, I should show it off a bit!

It's all going to depend on that day's logistics. I should be done at work before noon, but I have to coordinate with Traci, get the kids to their grandparents' house, and all that jazz. I'm hoping that I'll be able to do it.

5. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    I should already be there, but I've got to run around lunch and do the bank thing.

6. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    I'm hoping to get off by 3 or 3:30 on Friday, my boss is travelling. Then I'll have to grab my stuff, unless I just come from work - I might do that.

I won't be staying Friday night as they are sold out...Oh, well.

7. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    I think Tim is planning to do the chess thing, but I have to pick Emma up from school at 3pm and then take the girls to their grandmother's house. Tim will come pick me up after the chess game, so I'm guessing we won't be there before 6 or 7pm.

You could bring your overnight stuff on Friday anyway, Rhonda. I'm sure some people won't show up.

8. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    I'll probably bring my stuff anyway. Because I do plan to party Friday night.

Traci, you and I can coordinate if you want to just have one car there. I can pick you up and we can ride together. I don't mind at all. Fangirl to fangirl - we have to coordinate our dress anyway... [face_mischief]

9. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Well, at least you don't have to worry about showing up wearing the same outfit!

10. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Rhonda: That could work!

11. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    That would be great, Rhonda. It would give me more time to get my geek on.

12. skip1

skip1 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    did you say "sold out" ?????

i know that hotel isnt sold out.no way.it was empty last year.
    some of our guys just reserved their rooms sunday with no problems.

13. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I'm thinking the same thing, Skip. There's no way in hell they could sell that hotel out for MSC, unless we'll be sharing a hotel with a bunch of drunken Shriners. (Hey, that would be fun!)

Rhonda: I bet you could call or email Dana at MSC and get a room. Lemme know if you want her phone number or email address. Or, you could try Carolyn Barrett at Holiday Inn. She's the sales manager there, and was the one that I reserved our suite with. Her number is 322-2407. Tell her you're with MSC if you call her. Of course, I bet you that you'll be able to get a room that night.

BTW- Did you try the websites like Hotels.com and the likes and see what the deal was with those?

14. TK_1427

TK_1427 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2003
    I plan on getting to the con at around noon or 1pm. I'll have my FRS set at Channel 5 subchannel 01.

Chuck

15. kellilla

kellilla Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    Ahh no chess for me, I've got to work late on friday (so I can get the next friday off for the anime con in nashville...)
    So I'll be there sometime saturday morning and will be hanging around most of the day.

16. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Groovy- I'll be ther most of the weekend, with the occasional run to the house late Friday for a shower and some quick shut-eye.

2 days and counting 'til we get our geek on!

Man am I pushing it close on my pig sculpt! I was up until 1am or so working on him. I think if I can get the sculpt finished, I can get him painted by Friday...I hope!

17. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Well, the pig sculpt is about 90-95% done. I think I may be able to finish it at lunch today. I primed a couple pieces last night. I also got two photo sabers done- red and blue. I may re-do the blue one after con, and look at doing a purple and green one, too.

May have to miss the dress rehearsal. I've got a ton of stuff to do tonight before tomorrow! I'm also feeling like crap thanks to the weather change and my sinuses...

I still haven't found one of those transparent false face masks to do Traci's make-up with. I'm going to slide by Trick-R-Treat and the FunShop today/tomorrow. I also need to go by the Art Center for paint and Target/Walmart to look at new boots.

Busy, busy, busy...

18. Obi-G-Y-N

Obi-G-Y-N Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 19, 2004
    Hey gang- the MSC schedule is up on the MSC site.

Tim/Rhonda: Any times in mind for SMT get-togethers? I know Jay said he was going to be fighting one day, and I'll be at the art show meet/greet Friday and playing Pictionary on Saturday. Any idea when we want to 'get the party started'?

19. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Well, I forgot to register [face_blush]...

Guess I won't be doing any panels. 8-}

I'll check with Tim tonight and we'll post.

20. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    You can register at the door for a 3-day pass or day one either Fri/Sat/Sun.

21. Smokem_Alien

Smokem_Alien Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 2002
    I'll probably get to the con at about 5:30-6:00 on friday and then saturday I'll be coming up early. I'm probably going to be dressed up both days but I'll have a change of clothes for saturday just in case.

-Tim

22. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Not sure what's going on tonight at MSC, but I'll be there at 3 pm for the chess game, unless I oversleep when I take my afternoon nap. I'm pretty exhausted after sewing until 4 am.

REMEMBER: TONIGHT IS SMT JERSEY NIGHT. We'd like to have all attending members in their Jerseys. If you don't have one yet, give me a shout. We do still have a few left.

SATURDAY IS COSTUME DAY, AND WE HAVE OUR SUITE RESERVED FOR SATURDAY NIGHT. Check-In is at 3 pm. I'll be bringing several air mattresses, so some of you may need to think about bringing a pillow and blanket, or maybe your jammies with the feet.

Like I said, I'll be there before three pm, (hopefully), so give me a shout on my mobile if you want to meet up. I'm sure nothing major will happen before six tonight. I haven't checked to schedule yet, so y'all get an idea of what you want to do and let me know. (That is if there is anything you want to do that's on the schedule!!)

23. kellilla

kellilla Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    I won't be there tonight, got school stuff to do, but I'll be there bright and early saturday morning :D

24. TheDarknessX

TheDarknessX Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2002
    yeah same for me! But I will be there early saturday also...

25. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Oh, no, they DID'UNT!!!! Tim just called from the hotel to say that the Commercial Appeal mentioned the SMT and the 501st S.O. as Star Trek fan clubs. :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.