main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN The Mummy Returns breaks the barrier!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by elanrai, May 7, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elanrai

elanrai Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2000
    Well, my fellow Nashvillians, it looks like The Mummy Returns has dethroned our love, The Phantom Menace. At first glance, some might suspect that this calls for an outrage in the streets. (Although, I wouldn't condone it since Hama-Ryu Kinnebi is, well, er... in citizen control.) But, I do recommend this flick. Hama and myself caught this on opening night and I think I can speak for the both of us: IT ROCKED! The special effects were glamorous and the plot was thrilling. I am not going to nick-pick it all the way through, but this is one movie that is a MUST-SEE in the digital theaters. :D

2. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Dethroned TPM? I don't know about THAT, but I do agree that it's a must-see.

3. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    Only in revenue my good man.... ONLY in revenue for that weekend.

Episode 2 will avenge this. :D

4. k kanos

k kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2000
    I saw it opening night as well. It's a great "popcorn" flick, but not near as satisfying as any Star Wars movie. It definitely puts you on the edge of your seat.

I have a question for you who have seen it. (Don't worry, this won't spoil anyone)
    Where the heck did they get the fuel to fill up the balloon ship at the end? Texaco!? ;)

Sorry, it just bugs me when they leave obvious holes in the plot of any movie.

5. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    LOL! Good point! [face_laugh]

6. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    I dunno. Maybe "he" was the one who actually started digging in Arab country and found all the fuel. :D

(I know, lame answer. LOL!!!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.