main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Muppet Show - the Star Wars episode

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Harpalyce, Jul 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harpalyce

Harpalyce Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 19, 2010
    Since this is the place to discuss Star Wars TV, I must say I am a little shocked to not find a thread devoted to the Muppet Show episode!

While not part of Star Wars canon proper, it's absolutely hilarious. It was, I believe, done right after Star Wars, and has Mark Hamill as the guest star. The basic overarching plot - as much as the Muppet Show has a plot - is that Mark Hamill has come to guest star and his cousin Luke Skywalker just happens to show up, stealing the spotlight, as the only real talent Mark Hamill professes to have is the ability to gargle Gershwin.

...and he does gargle Gershwin. With a gargoyle.

That pretty much should tell you how damn awesome this show is.

Anyway, the Star Wars invading is absolutely fantastic. "Pigs! In! SPAAAAAAAAAAACE" specifically gets hijacked, with Gonzo lampooning Darth Vader. Since it's just after Star Wars and before ESB, Luke is pretty much stuck in Enthusiastic Farmboy mode throughout.

Surely I can't be the only person who's seen it! Anybody else??

2. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Yeah. I've seen it. It was awesome. I rather liked the part where Miss Piggy held him at gunpoint. XD
    Mark Hamill can be pretty hilarious...wait a sec, he IS hilarious. The man has a surprising number of talents. [face_laugh]

3. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    I almost died of laughter when Mark and Luke stood next to each other! [face_laugh]

4. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    Just watched it, best half an hour I've wasted in ages. :D My highlights were Mark Hamill's Fonzie impression, Mark getting set upon by Animal and Chewbacca dancing half-heartedly.

I was also surprised at how well Anthony Daniels can move in the C3-P0 outfit!

5. StarWarrior77

StarWarrior77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 30, 2008
    Saw it about 3 years ago on a bootleg DVD. Hilarious stuff.

6. KingKovu

KingKovu Jedi Youngling

Jul 13, 2005
    Great ep....one of the over used lines on the show.

"Who's your tailor...I love that outfit"

referring to Luke's Bespin outfit.

7. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    Best Muppets episode ever! That show was so great and seeing Hamill be funny was simply awesome. You know I always though he could have done a lot more successful acting, other than just voices.

8. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    I saw it once, years ago... it was the funniest thing I ever saw out of the Muppet Show, which is saying a LOT. ;)

9. Rogue501st

Rogue501st Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 9, 2010
    I loved The Muppet Show as a kid! Of course the Star Wars episode was my favorite. I found some YouTube clips once and let my kids watch. They just thought it was weird!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.