main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Muppets

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz , May 24, 2011.

1. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I thought it was fun and I'm willing to give it a shot for the season. I too like how it's an extension for the people who grew up with the Muppets, we've grown up and so have they.

I didn't have a problem with the Muppets saying adult things, I've listened to Avenue Q too long to be bothered by voices from my childhood saying very adult things.

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Scooter and Elizabeth Banks on that golf cart. [face_laugh]

3. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
  4. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
  5. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Episode 2 was good. More laughs than the premiere.

6. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    How did you see it already?

7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

If only there was some explanation for JayPee to be 17 hours ahead of us on the east coast...

8. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
  9. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
  10. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Time machine? If so, I would use it more than just to watch the Muppets 17 hours ahead of the US on the right coast.

11. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Not the funniest thing ever but that was a good episode.
    Kermit trying to jump over Josh Groban. [face_laugh]

jp-30 likes this.
  12. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    I lol'ed at Swedish Chef's "Somebody's cooking the bacon!"

13. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I found the episode to be better than the first- a lot more jokes worked, though Fozzie's subplot here wasn't as funny as the first one.

"Ah, don't be so sensitive- you guys started the plague."

"Schoombuddy kookin' de baykin?"

"Screw the mountain bike, my daughters getting a Prius."

14. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    S01E02 discussion (ignore if you have't watched it!)

Unfortunately, the TV promos ruined the "Somebody's cooking the bacon" joke for the actual show, but when I saw the promo I LOL'ed and rewound the DVR to watch it a few times. I did enjoy when he said "Piggy groping the Groban" earlier in the episode.

The Fozzle storyline was decent but then ended very awkwardly. I do like the idea that since he doesn't have pockets (or clothes for that matter), he hides things under his hat.

I felt we saw more variety of Muppets this week and I liked how they got more lines. It's funny that in real life there is always two people selling girl scout cookies for their daughter so I could appreciate it being applied to the Muppet world as well.

BTW, I don't remember seeing any Rowlf yet. I liked his one liners in the recent Muppet movies A LOT. I hope we get to see him soon. Gonzo and Scooter's comic relief is just ok, but I think I'd enjoy more of a mix from Rowlf and other characters. Hopefully the show continues that trend.

Lastly, I hope once the show hits its stride, we see less of Kermit, Piggy, Fozzy, and Gonzo and the writers highlight the other muppets more and maybe pick one or two to be the main storyline while the "more popular" characters are secondary.

15. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    So many people also complained about how commercials and promos ruined the first episode and I'm just like, "Huh? Wha?"

I haven't seen a single commercial or promo for the series. But then, I don't watch live TV (usually only DVR'ed programs or Hulu).

Anyway, I enjoyed the episode and am enjoying the series. Kermit's coupe de grace last night was also pretty funny, and he does have a valid point: Ms. Piggy is the only female late night talk show host. So how he worked that into his plan was quite clever, and his comment to Piggy as he showed her the new billboard was another laugh out loud moment for me.

And I did get a laugh out of someone (Scooter or Gonzo?) recommending that the bear sell his cookies to the band.
    "Oh yeah! Those guys are always happy!"
    "Legally nowadays."

16. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Yeah, I watch others shows on ABC like Modern Family and Shark Tank. I think it was during Shark Tank last Friday night that I was fast forwarding through the commercials, as always, hit play prematurely and ended up catching the Muppets promo before the show came back on.

The end bit did make me chuckle a little, but I kind of saw it coming. My guess was that Josh Groban's picture was going to be on the billboard with Piggy, but simply just putting his name on it was enough to send Piggy over the edge.

17. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The promos air a lot on Disney/ABC-owned channels. I was at work last night and the video screens had ESPN up and there were tons of promos for Muppets, SHIELD and other shows on all night.

Plus we had the trailers all summer online (the "legally now" line was in one of them too but still a great line).

18. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    That was a fantastic episode. Better flow. Jokes worked better and seemed more natural. I actually really liked the Fozzy/Leno subplot.

19. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I actually thought this episode was a step down from the previous one. However, I did enjoy the bear character selling girl scout cookies running joke and how it was resolved. Favorite part was when Piggy has the book author on her show and she had no idea what she was talking about and the audience was asleep, leaving Morpheus to bad mouthing the show, twice!

I thought we'd get more of Kermit's new girlfriend, Margaery Tyrell. I kind of want to see what the dynamic is like between her and Kermit.

Hopefully, they'll be able to get Mark Hamill back on the show with The Force Awakens coming to theaters soon. Hamill on the old muppets show was a definite highlight and fond memory.

20. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Last night's episode was the funniest one yet. I was laughing out loud a lot. I didn't delete it off my DVR so I could watch it again.

LOL moments from memory:
    Swedish Chef's interaction with Christina Applegate
    When Kermit was pretending to be a baseball trophy
    Liam Hemsworth jokes about Gonzo
    Drugged Fozzie
    [/spoilers]

21. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    Last night was a good episode too. I enjoyed the Gonzo plot.

22. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Huh, so that 10 minute Muppets "pitch reel" from comic con has been scoured from the Internets (well, at least youtube and every damn article linked to that youtube video. I knew I shoulda DL'ed it when I had the chance. Probably still on some torrent-y corners of the internet). I noticed some crossover between the pitch reel and the pilot episode (Fozzie on his date, Gonzo's line about talking to the camera) but in the Pitch Reel they're actively trying to get Miss Piggy back, at the end she does. And in the pilot she's running the show. so is the Pitch Reel from July still "canon" to the Muppets or is the equivalent of EU / Legends?

Still only seen the pilot, I liked it, but seemed to be missing a bit of whimsy. Dammit, whimsy is key in the Muppets! Yeah, they've always been kinda cynics (and this amps that up) but everyone once in awhile you need to wonder Why Are There So Many Songs About Rainbows? Also seeing Statler and Waldorf in the front row instead of the balcony was a bit odd but I guess that's for TV show purposes to have them down there. But the ep did make me laugh - Animal admitting the road is bad for him is genius - and I may catch up when the season is over. And it's apparently pulling in good ratings, too! Well, good enough in today's broadcast TV ratings.

23. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Rowlf!

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  24. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Gonzo was the highlight of the show for me. Felt like a lot of the other plots and jokes felt forced. even by Muppet Standards. Except Swedish Chef/Christina. Did like the Michael Scott mug Kermit had.

25. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Statler is a jerk. Lots of laughs this episode, especially the Swedish Chef doing a karaoke take on Rapper's Delight. It was awesome.

DarthIntegral likes this.