main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One The Murder Door: What is the function of the deadly looking constantly opening / closing aperture?

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by BigAl6ft6, Jul 4, 2017.

?

What the heck is that thing?

1. It has a specific function that doesn't involve murdering people who try to climb out

18 vote(s)
    62.1%
  2. It has no function aside from trying to murder people who try to climb out

11 vote(s)
    37.9%
  1. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    That arm strength though.

BigAl6ft6 and Sarge like this.
  2. Organafan

Organafan Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 14, 2017
    "That whole practical effects thing and all" was mostly touted as a "The Force Awakens" selling point. That movie still had more computer generated visual effects shots than prequels simply because there is no getting around that now.

vncredleader likes this.
  3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    So I was reading the (Canon, this is important) novel "Tales from a Galaxy Far Far Away Volume 1 - Aliens" and in the story "All Creatures big and Small", it relates a story about during the attack on the Death Star by the Rebellion over Yavin, that inside of the Death Star, doors were malfunctioning and opening and closing randomly. So doors suddenly freaking out in the middle of battle may be an Imperial design. Maybe not even a bug but a feature. Especially in that era!

Now, in the interest of full disclosure, the note about doors opening and closing on the Death Star does come from an unreliable narrator. But it seems rather specific that both on the DS and on Scariff they have randomly opening and closing apertures in the midst of a heated battle. Someone really screwed up in the Imperial Base Design corps, didn't they? "If I'm scared I'm going to die the doors should reflect that too!"

Blue 5 and vncredleader like this.