main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The music/gigs discussion thread

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by suzijedi, Nov 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disciple-of-Tython

Disciple-of-Tython Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    A bit old but saw them in Newcastle and thought they were amazing ;)

Although would of liked them to play, 'Creeping Death'

2. suzijedi

suzijedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2006
    Yeah- pretty much everyone has said that he was rubbish- a half-hearted performance if that. I was hoping for a return to form with their current album, but he just seems to be continuing to travel further up his own backside...never mind.

I saw Nine Inch Nails at the o2 last Weds and that was an AWSEOME gig- I enjoyed Janes Addiction even though I only know one song of theirs and it's made me keen to listen to more. I'm happy I managed to get to NIN's last proper UK performance (not counting Sonisphere) and the whole arena singing along to 'Hurt' was such a fitting ending and sounded amazing. Gary Numan made an appearance for two songs- 'Cars' and 'Metal' which was pretty good too.

I'm tempted to go to Sonisphere, but I'm still undecided at the mo...NIN, Metallica and Alice In Chains are the ones I'd really want to see there at the mo- shame Fear Factory and Machine Head have pulled out though.

Next gigs at the mo are Faith No More in August and Henry Rollins spoken word show in January- I'd recommend Rollins to everyone! ;)

3. suzijedi

Jul 8, 2006
    Well, after some last minute winning of free tickets by a mate, I'm off to the Sonisphere Festival tomorrow....hope I've remembered everything! [face_hypnotized]

No time to order any 'Travel Johns', so will have to brave the public lavs [face_worried]

One more chance to see NIN before they 'split' and looking forward to seeing Metallica and Alice in Chains (not the same without Layne, but still damn good)!

4. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    I'm off to Stockton Fringe Festival on Saturday. Supergrass are on, so I'm gonna be pumping on the stereo :p

5. suzijedi

Jul 8, 2006
    I am REALLY looking forward to the new Alice in Chains album. I've been listening to the two new tracks- 'Check My Brain' and 'A Looking In View' and they are EXCELLENT. [face_dancing]

I'm so pleased they managed to come back after Layne (RIP) and they've still got that classic AIC sound...roll on Sept 28th! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.