main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Music of Hollywood Concert - Canada Square July 15th

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by SithLordDarthRichie, Jun 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Canada Square and the London Symphony Orchestra are running their annual Film Music concert again this year, on Wednesday July 15th at 7:30pm.

Having attended the last few years I can say these are fine events, the LSO always play good stuff and the open air feel is good. They have been a bit stricter on security the last couple of years (two years back they threatened to remove anyone with FX Lightsabers since they supposedly might start hitting people with them), but generally it is a good atmosphere.

Unfortunately I can't attend this year since I'm in Australia, but I hope others will be able to go.

http://www.viewlondon.co.uk/whatson/canary-wharf-festival-feature-177.html

2. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    It's the same day Harry Pitter Bread is out, so that'll be a big no-no for me. A shame as I'd like to go to this.

3. fizzbin

fizzbin Jedi Grand Master star 1

Mar 21, 2005
    Don't worry Richie, you won't be missing anything. That listing is for 2007.

They're showing a live screening of The Barber of Seville on the 15th July this year.

4. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    lol, I seem to recall Richie doing the same exact thing last year. Ah well, maybe the Hollywood concert will still be held at some point this summer.

5. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Don't tell me I did it twice....

is sshamed

A thousand apologies, but finding the playlist for Canary Wharf summer series is difficult. This was the playlist that repeatedly comes up each time I google it, even with 2009 put in.

Not sure how I found out the event date last year, but I will keep trying to find it for this year. If indeed it is actually on.

6. Raj_Vader

Raj_Vader Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    .....2007...... gosh that rings a bell....... hello :p

7. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Good to see you Raj, how are you doing?

8. Raj_Vader

Raj_Vader Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    Hey Richie - not bad - had one hell of a Star Wars craving so thought I'd pop back ;-)

9. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Hey-hey Raj, good to see you around again :D

My Star Wars craving will start when the Clone Wars Season 1 boxset is out next month. I haven't even seen one episode yet.... I've been saving myself, lol.

10. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    The lure is difficult to resist.

The Clone Wars is an excellent series, I look forward to season 2 even though I probably won't see it over here for ages.

11. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    I'm sure I'll like it, but I recently re-watched the proper/original Clone Wars cartoon series and continue to be adamant it wont be bettered! [face_not_talking]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.