main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation The Music of Star Wars Episode VII

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by -polymath-, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Echo22

Echo22 Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2013
    When asked over the weekend about potentially scoring Episode VII, Giacchino had this to say....(and I agree with him)

Does that mean, you will be onboard for the next Star Wars film, which J.J. Abrams is set to direct?

"All I can tell you is that the thing, that excites me most about a new Star Wars film is the possibility of hearing new John Williams music. I would much rather hear John Williams’Star Wars score than my music for Star Wars."

2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Good catch! I love the quote and it gives me even more confidence that John Williams is returning. Where did you find it?

3. Echo22

Echo22 Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2013
    Here's the video. It's three minutes into it.

My guess is that Abrams, Kathleen Kennedy, etc. probably feel the same way.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  4. Owley

Owley Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2013
  5. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    Still, Giacchino seems to be consistent with his opinion that he would rather Williams do it than he. He's just also said in the post-concern Swiss Q&A: "One of the things that excites me most about 'Star Wars' coming back is chance to hear a John Williams score [...] He has been a great inspiration to me over the years. He has been a great teacher to me and good friend and I would love nothing more than to hear more of his music from that universe. [...] If it were up to me I would say 'John, you must do it.'"

Whatever one wants to say about Giacchino, good or bad, I can say this: he's classy, he's humble and he's respectful. If the choice is between Giacchino and Williams, and even Giacchino thinks it should be Williams, that's class.

6. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    This is "The DUH heard round the world."

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  7. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012