main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Music of TCW

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AkashKedavra_93, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Abrapork Lincoln

Abrapork Lincoln Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2014
    Brian Tyler is great, yes. Ron Jones is pretty legit, too. But truly, in the film/TV score world, most of Kiner's stuff gets pretty bad reviews...

2. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Abrapork Lincoln are you a musician? I find your whole idea that music for a cartoon makes a composer an "ant" compared to music for live-action television or film so objectionable for so many reasons it's hard for me to get started. Are you saying this based on anything other than your gut?

EternalHero and Seerow like this.
  3. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Anyone figure out which episode "Plokoon_Fights_Droids" is from? Plo Koon is in a ton of episodes, and I haven't been able to nail it down.

4. Mr. Atom Bomb

Mr. Atom Bomb Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    Todd the Jedi I'm praying that they will someday release an official ATLA soundtrack. I already have most (if not all) of the tracks anyway, but I would absolutely pay for a legitimate release. The Korra Book 1 Soundtrack was incredible, but the original series has some equally beautiful themes that really deserve to be showcased.

5. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    I'd pay for that too. I actually just finished my custom Last Airbender Soundtrack (60 tracks) with album art after taking the better part of a weekend to figure the correct order for everything based on when it first appeared in an episode. I'm now doing the same for Clone Wars with the tracks released on the Kevin Kiner website. I just figured out the proper order for the tracks that did not have production numbers in the file name. "Plokoon_fights_Droids" is from Rising Malevolence, so it will fit in right before "Battle_Won".

Oops, just realized the Rising Malevolance tracks are the exact same, just different file names.

Seerow and Mr. Atom Bomb like this.
  6. The Guard

The Guard Jedi Knight

Feb 9, 2013

The music of the Lost Missions trailer.
    I think it's one of the most epic musical pieces I've ever heard. Sadly enough the series ended too soon.
    It seems each trailer's music gets more epic...

EternalHero and Circular Logic like this.
  7. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    can anyone help me out with obtaining Luminara Ending? I've managed to get all the other tracks. Some fantastic music in this lot.

8. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    I was not aware that he released all of that music on his website. I can't wait to download these after I get off work. Are these ALL of the cues from the TV show?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Double post, I apologize, but:

Me seven, please.

9. smudger9

May 29, 2007

Yes, all from the TV series. Lots from series 5, particularly the last arc.

This forum has some great info including the order of the tracks, and an amazing fan art soundtrack cover, courtesy of user orrnot
    http://forums.ffshrine.org/f92/star-wars-clone-wars-additional-tracks-kevin-168353

[​IMG]

Padme's speech and Father's sacrifice need to have the apostrophe inserted into the web address to get them to work
    Luminara ending is here http://www.kevinkiner.com/mp3music/CloneWars/Cw110-3m4-FL-1.21.09.13_Luminara_Ending.mp3

darskpine10 and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  10. TheAvengerButton

Aug 11, 2011
    Ahh, stupid me. I was wondering what people were talking about with the apostraphes. I need to go back to the second grade, apparently.

Oh, and when I downloaded these tracks from Kiner's website, they were automatically in the correct order. So...that's pretty awesome.

11. smudger9

May 29, 2007
    Really enjoying these cues from Kiner. It's nice to have some brand new Star Wars scores to listen to. Hoping he'll post some more at some point.

12. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Just wanted to say as a soundtrack listener, I really appreciate the score of TCW - it is similar to John Williams but not identical, and it got especially good towards the end of the series. Thank you and well done Kevin Kiner.

13. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
  14. TheAvengerButton

Aug 11, 2011
  15. Samwise_Skywalker

Samwise_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2002
    Yeah, definitely looking forward to that.

Can't wait to hear what he has in store for Rebels as well.

16. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    That is definitely good news (and I hope that with "complete soundtrack" they really do mean "complete soundtrack").

17. smudger9

May 29, 2007
    Can't wait for the official soundtrack. The musical cues from TCW that Kiner put on his website were fantastic.
    On the subject of Rebels, I'm really looking forward to how Kiner uses Williams' themes. I remember him saying that Lucas actively discouraged him from using existing Star Wars music in the Clone Wars. Hopefully we will get much more Williams in Rebels. Kiner's arrangement of Twin sunsets for Ahsoka's departure was sensational.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  18. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    As simultaneously depressing and enraging as that is, you are correct.

19. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
  20. adamclark83

adamclark83 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2009
    Great news about the complete series soundtrack. Can't wait for it. I love the music in Legacy of Terror.

21. smudger9

May 29, 2007
    Agree, and if they're releasing this, then the chances of a season 6 DVD release must be high.

22. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Have they said anything about when they would be releasing the soundtrack?

23. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    I'm really hoping "Da Hutt Moda" from Hunt for Ziro is on the soundtrack. I assume it will be on there, but I'll be very disappointed if it isn't.

cwustudent and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  24. CommanderWolffe94

CommanderWolffe94 Jedi Youngling

Mar 9, 2014
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/star-wars-clone-wars-seasons/id932241984

A bit disappointed there isn't more selection, only 28 tracks with almost an hour's worth of music and the only part from season 6 looks to be the very last track where Yoda returns to the Jedi temple. Quite a few have already been released on Kiner's website. Glad the music from Maul and Savage's duel with Sidious was included though and the "Maul Savage and Vizsla" has that great music from when Ahsoka duels Vizsla, Anakin and Obi-Wan duel Dooku in season 6 and also I think when the mandalorians attack Nal Hutta.

I'll have to wait and hear the full soundtrack before making any judgement but at this stage they are the only few tracks that really jump out at me. With the rumours of a season 1 soundtrack coming to vinyl maybe (hopefully) there will still be a chance to get expanded scores for each season.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  25. TheAvengerButton

Aug 11, 2011
    That's completely disappointing. I was hoping for something more extensive, but I knew in the back of my mind that it probably would be a scrub soundtrack.

That Sidious/Maul duel music was a want, but I also wanted that sweet battle music they used during the Kamino invasion, and I'm pretty sure it was also used in Grievous Intrigue as well. It was some fantastic music and I don't think it's been made available in any form yet, which is very disappoint.