main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Music of TCW

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AkashKedavra_93, Sep 4, 2012.

1. SuperPersch

SuperPersch Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2004
    I wanted the Weapons Factory music when Ahsoka and Barriss blow up the factory. It was one of the standouts. Alas.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  2. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Same here. I really like that particular music as well.

SuperPersch likes this.
  3. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    The internet has failed me regarding this episode..

4. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
  5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    As the saying goes- it's better than nothing. Especially considering how long it took them to get this out- I'm just glad we're getting it at all.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  6. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Maybe if it sells well, there will be a volume 2.

7. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    It's a shame that "Da Hutt Moda," the Sy Snootles song from Hunt for Ziro wasn't included. I had heard a report that there was a season one soundtrack planned, which would probably have almost all of the season one music on it. If that turns out to be true and they do one for each season, then there's hope that many of the tracks not on the complete series soundtrack will be included in their respective season's soundtrack.

8. Malachi108

Malachi108 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2009
    Can anyone help me identify all the tracks? I managed to pinpoint most cue to specific scenes thanks to the very uncreative track naming and also the fact that half of them very already labeled on Kevin Kiner's website. However, some tracks I can't quite put down to an episode yet and I'm currently in no position to rewatch the entire series.

This are the tracks I have identified so far:

1) Ahsoka Saves Anakin - 5x17 Sabotage - Buzz Droid Scene
    2) Plo Koon - 1x02 Shadow of Malevolence - Right after the Intro Reel
    3) Rodia - 1x08 Bombad Jedi - Padme landing on Rodia
    5) Victory on Ryloth - 1x20 Innocents of Ryloth - Victor over TX-20
    6) Jedi Master Aayla Secura - 1x13 Jedi Crash - Early Maridun Scene
    7) Jedi Master Luminara - 1x09 Cloak of Darkness - First Scene after Intro Reel
    8) Anakin Wants Her Alive - 5x18 The Jedi Who Knew Too Much - Escape from Detention Center, Part One
    11) Death of a Master - 5x05 Tipping Points - Steela's Death and Aftermath
    12) Maul, Savage and Viszla - 5x14 Eminence - Skirmish on Nal Hutta
    15) Kit Fisto Duels Grievous - 1x10 Lair of Grievous - Name Speaks for Itself
    18) Anakin and Padmé - 1x22 Hostage Crisis - The Early Intimacy Scene
    19) Anakin Sees His Future - 3x17 Ghosts of Mortirs - Again, Title is Self-Evident
    20) Darth Maul Breaks Obi-wan - 5x16 The Lawless - Satine's Death
    21) Maul and Savage Duel Palpatine - 5x16 The Lawless - Can't Mistake This one For Anything
    23) Jedi Eulogy - 5x18 The Jedi Who Knew Too Much - Jedi Funeral
    24) Rogue Jedi - 5x18 The Jedi Who Knew Too Much - Escape from Detention Center, Part Two
    25) Ahsoka’s Fall - 5x18 The Jedi Who Knew Too Much - Escape from Detention Center, Part Three
    26) Ahsoka Leaves - 5x20 The Wrong Jedi - Anakin Talks to Ahsoka as she leaves
    27) Duel in the Jedi Temple - 5x20 The Wrong Jedi - Anakin duels Bariss
    28) Yoda’s Journey Ends - 6x13 Sacrifice - The Final scene of the series

To recap it, I need help identifying the following tracks:

4) Padmé - ???
    9) Padmé and Ahsoka - ???
    10) Plo Koon Alone - ???
    13) Obi-wan and Satine - ???
    14) Ventress the Nightsister - ???
    16) The Clones - ???
    17) Youngling Jedi - ???
    22) The Mandalorians of Death Watch - ???

While the track titles seem pretty self-evident as to which characters these tracks are accompanying, a quick check at the first scenes that came to mind showed completely different music in the scenes I though of. Is anyone here, who knows the music of TCW better than me and can help me locate at least the episodes?

9. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    What i love about the TCW soundtrack is that it felt original, while Rebels soundtrack often sounds like just another version of music from the OT

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

This I have not heard over 3 new songs and the rest reused OT tracks.

11. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    It's still pretty amusing how that selection of 50+ tracks released online a while back is more complete than this release.

12. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I guess they must have re-used music a LOT on the show. From Malachi108 post above, the track "11) Death of a Master" he mentions being from 5x05 Tipping Points - Steela's Death and Aftermath. But I had already identified it as Even Piell's death, and someone else ALSO identified it as Fives' death. So I'm guessing this happens a lot with the music on the show, this is just one example. I agree we should get more music, but I wonder if the actual quantity of music is a lot less than what we think there is? And do we need incidental filler music for dialogue from an episode like "Senate Murders" (just an example). Kinda playing devil's advocate a bit...

13. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Padme plays at the start of Senate Spy
    Plo Koon alone plays in Rising Malevolence, when Plo and the clones spot another escape pod
    Obi-Wan and Satine plays at the end of Voyage of Temptation
    Ventress the Nightsister plays when Ventress is revived with all the flashbacks in Nightsisters
    The start of the Clones plays at the end of Rookies, but I'm not sure about the rest of it
    Youngling Jedi plays at the end of the Gathering
    The Mandalorians of Death Watch plays in Shades of Reason, when Savage is 'fighting' Vizla

The only one I can't place is Padme and Ahsoka. I'm pretty sure it's not from Heroes on Both Sides, or Assassin, and I can't think of any other episodes they both appear in together.

I found Padme and Ahsoka, it's at the end of Mystery of a Thousand Moons.

cwustudent and Malachi108 like this.
  14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Hi darskpine10, welcome to the boards. :) Try not to post more than once in a row- use the edit button to change a post. [face_peace]

Otherwise nice work. They really should release a guide describing each track and where it's from, but at least it isn't too difficult to piece it together ourselves.

Seerow likes this.
  15. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Thanks, sorry for the extra post, I found where the track was only a few minute later.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Yes welcome Always happy to see a new face around here.

darkspine10 and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  17. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    I tracked down the second part of The Clones, starting from 1:09. It's from The Box, and was also in Breaking Ranks in Rebels.

18. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Interesting, good detective work. This is also strange to put in the Clones' track though. Was this by chance repeated from the Clone Cadets episode? I know that Breaking Ranks had a mix of training elements from Clone Cadets and the Box. We've also pointed out how music gets re-used in TCW frequently, so i was thinking that could've happened here.

19. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    How hard is it to have a consistant soundtrack that doesn't confuse everyone or skips entire seasons?

Apparently very hard.

20. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Maybe they will do a Vol. 2 eventually.

Doop likes this.
  21. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    They better! A lot was skipped in my opinion. Stuff from early season one was my favorite, but atleast SOME of that made it in.

22. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Make sure it sells well then and badger TPTB.

23. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    I'ts weird how the only track from Season 4 is half of The Clones. What about all the amazing Umbara music, Maul's revival, or the Slaver arc?

24. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014

Edit: Also, I hate that some of the tracks are different from the ones posted on Kevin Kiner's website. Those tracks are almost always exactly the same as in the episodes, but on the soundtrack they are altered.

For example, Rodia is Approaching Rodia on his site, and has an extended middle part
    Anakin saves Ahsoka has a less abrupt ending, with a frenetic use of the Clone theme

And why did he release some tracks on the soundtrack that he already posted on his site! Why not all new ones instead?

25. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    I hope they have another volume coming out. I specifically recall the music playing at Master Piell's funeral. It was a gorgeous piece and 28 tracks simply do not do the series justice.