main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Music of TCW

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AkashKedavra_93, Sep 4, 2012.

1. daniel brown

daniel brown Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2015
    darskpine10 Could you possibly upload the track that plays at the final battle of Gungan Attack and it also plays on the episode The Lawless when Satine is escaping the Death Watch thanks

2. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Hmm, that tracks not been officially released, and Game rips only extend to about Season 3. So to extract that track would require an SFX heavy recording of the scene. It would be very bad quality.

I did however find a video which had the end of Satine's escape. That might help.

Did you enjoy my other videos?

3. daniel brown

daniel brown Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2015
    darskpine10 That is the one thanks a lot! And also I did enjoy your other vidoes so keep doing what your doing man :)

darskpine10 likes this.
  4. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    You're very welcome. :D

5. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Sorry to double post, but I wondered if anyone can help me figure out where these tracks come from:

I found them in another video, but the description didn't say where the tracks were from. They're not from Kiner's website, or the official soundtrack release. I'm pretty sure it's not ripped from a video game. I'm just curious as to the origin of this music.

Any Help?

Vorax likes this.
  6. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    darskpine10, is there any chance you could get the battle music from the climax of Wookiee Hunt and the cantina source music from Bounty?

7. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Nexumaster I'll try those later. However, I'm not great at source recordings. I once tried to get the music from the medal ceremony at the end of Clone Cadets, but I couldn't remove any of the voices. Another time I tried Darkness on Umbara. It sounded terrible, and I like the music to have a baseline of quality.

I'll see what I can do.

Wish me luck!

8. Orrelios

Feb 21, 2005
    Thanks; good luck with that (also, if a source recording doesn't work out, maybe you could try to do a different type of rip?)

9. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    I'm not that skilled with rips. But I'll get round to it soon. The Bounty one seems like it won't be too hard, but battle scenes always end badly. [face_sigh]

10. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Nexumaster Done!

Also, I found several track from Clone Wars Adventures, but I don;t know where in TCW they play. There are 6 unknown tracks, and it would be nice to finally figure out where they come from.

Barriss_Coffee and Nexumaster like this.
  11. Orrelios

Feb 21, 2005
    Very nice; that turned out quite well. I hope you'll have luck with the Wookiee Hunt request.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  12. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    I checked it out, but it looks like it's too low quality. Sorry, but it would not sound very good. Glad you enjoyed the Bounty one.

Any suggestions for those unknown tracks? Been struggling to figure out which episodes each is from.

I've also made a playlist of all my Clone Wars tracks in chronological order.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEtVbo8oKTgo-7K90UE4zLKIu0wYo9zB4

By which I mean episode order, not that Chronological order. ;)

13. Orrelios

Feb 21, 2005
    I assume that with "too low quality" you mean that the voices and sound effects get into the way and cannot be isolated easily; bummer. Anyway, thanks again for the one you could manage to do.

darskpine10 likes this.
  14. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Yeah, that's it exactly. It just sounds like a mess of pew-pew-pew noises.

But I always like to post new music from the series. They should really release more of it.

15. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Some of the first track sounds like it's from Massacre. I recognize bits and pieces of the others but couldn't point to any specific episodes.

16. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Wow -- I didn't even realize that tune was playing in the background of that episode! Very ANH.... without being the same exact song. Neat.

17. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Afraid it can't be Massacre, as the music was ripped from before it had aired!:)

18. Orrelios

Feb 21, 2005
    I guess the best thing is to hope for an official release of that track via Kiner's site or iTunes.

19. henryj95

henryj95 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2014

darskpine10 I recently moved states and haven't had my blu-rays shipped to me (so I can't check the episodes to verify) but I think I can help you out with some of these.

The first one: The Shadow Emperor was correct in noticing that it plays in "Massacre" (specifically in the combat leading up to the duel between Ventress and Grievous) but I can confirm with 99% certainty that the song was written for "Destroy Malevolence" during the small space battle as Anakin, Obi-Wan, Padme, and the droids are leaving the Malevolence.

The second one: This one is tough. I don't know for sure which episode it's from but the feelings/images I'm getting while repeatedly listening to it is "Voyage Temptation", maybe when the assassin droid enters the dining hall or once Merrik takes Satine hostage? If not, maybe check "Pursuit of Peace"'s speederbike chase.

The third one: Another 99% sure one! It was written for the big hangar shootout in "Cargo of Doom" but audiences first heard it in the opening act of "Jedi Crash" (which was produced a fair bit after "Cargo of Doom"). The reason I'm so sure is that the punchy bit at 2:15-2:22 was middle-school-me's favorite piece of TCW music. In fact, years later, when "Bounty" first aired, I was loving it so much that I said to my brother that "the only way this episode could get any better is if they used my favorite song!" I was saying it more as a joke (because Kiner hadn't used that cue since season 2) and then voila! That cue made a glorious comeback towards the end of "Bounty".

The fourth one: A little tougher but the high choir voices and the unhinged woodwinds make me think of "Brain Invaders" but I don't really remember the music ever getting quite so 'large'. After that, I would wager a guess that it's mid-season 2. I'm guessing "Grievous Intrigue", "Cat and Mouse", "The Zillo Beast", or "The Zillo Beast Strikes Back".

The fifth one: Another 99% sure one! This song was written for Ahsoka's pursuit of Cassie Cryar in "Lightsaber Lost". Fantastic, underrated episode. I'm hoping Ahsoka's new, white lightsabers will end up meaning their correspondence extended further than just the one episode.

The last one: Not entirely sure but I think it might be "Children of the Force".

20. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Thanks, I'll have to check those episodes out. If I find them, I'll separate them out into their own videos.

21. henryj95

henryj95 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2014
    darskpine10 As long as I've got you here, do you happen to know the actual track names from the "Rising Malevolence" soundtrack? I've got the files but none of the track names.

22. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    I don't know any of the names except the ones that were on the official soundtrack, or Kevin Kiner's website. The names I chose in my video are unofficial.

The ones with names are: Plo Koon - plays during the opening, Plo Koon Alone - plays when Plo and the clones discover the first gutted pod, Plo Koon fights droids - during the battle with the droids in space.

I mean, I knew Filoni loved Plo Koon, but not that much. ;)

23. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    I posted 3 of them. Thanks so much for your help identifying them! :D

24. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    cwustudent likes this.
  25. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    I guess I liked the battle music of the christophis.

But I liked when they used the chasing Zam Wesell music in season 1 for a few episodes.

Speaking of which, I wished the majority of the music in the show was from the movies.