main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The music of the Star Wars TV series

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Emperor Pinguin, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    If they use duel of the fates I may have to set something on fire, I hate seeing it anywhere but The Phantom Menace duel. It fits so well there anywhere else would look very awkward[sp].

2. TheAlternateReality

TheAlternateReality Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2005
    I like that idea, and that sounds like what they will do. Of course they will probably use the main theme when the show opens, but use original music, similar to the SOTE project.

3. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    as Episodes 2 and 3 set that unfortunate precedent

And by 1 and 2, you of course mean ESB which used music that was meant for later in the movie.
    RotJ again did it by greatly remixing both the Sail Barge battle and the forest battle. Not to mention they used ESB music over music score for the initial reactor core approach. Then for the SE Mos Eisley, they used unused trash compactor music.
    TPM too suffered from some iffy remixing.
    It was bad for AotC to use TPM and other music sources as it was such a prominent sequence (the end battle). Not to mention, they butchered the factory music and speeder chase sequence and and and. (OK, AotC's score was butchered beyond all reason) At least for RotS, a lot of (but not all) of the recycled music came from the unused arena march. Though I did notice some droid march and anakin destroys the control ship music in there.

4. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    I think John William's should do it.

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, with ROTS, there is the one piece (the Escape From Naboo bit from TPM when the Royal cruiser takes off) that, besides being used for "Yoda's calvary" in AOTC, was reused [i[]twice[/i] during the first part of the movie- once when Grievous's ship loses it's orbit and again as it crash lands on Coruscant.

A good piece, but an obvious cut-and-paste.

AOTC was chopped up, obviously, and TPM suffered from having it's end sequence re-edited post-music recording.

With the SE I imagine they didn't see the need to score new music for the added scenes, since they didn't require anything too up-and-front (with exception to Jedi Rocks and Victory Celebration), and it kept the costs down (recalling that they didn't expect it to do such huge buisness).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.