main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Music Tavern...

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Sithman, Dec 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TenorAprentice

TenorAprentice Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    that is like asking which child you like best...they are just different, that is all.

so, not only do I spend the past 3 days on my back concentrating all my energy on keeping down what liquids I can, but I MISSED ALL THE FREE GROG!!!! NOOOOOOO!!!!1!111!11!!!

anywho, I can see that I was really missed

Sithy: Dude, what's up with the new patrons? Stri? Ameia? Ken? Senny?

//sniff, sniff// :_|

2. TenorAprentice

Jul 19, 2002
    //sits in corner booth alone//

//looks down into empty mug//

//sees reflection in table?//

ahhh! is that what I look like?

3. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Hehe.

All this drama rather amuses me, no offense to Roy of course.

Same here, Sithy. There's too much of it. And no offense taken. :)

*hides from mirror-like tables*

Evil things.. :p

4. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Hopefully you're feeling better, Tenor.

**buys Tenor a grog**

5. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Although no one asked my opinion on this crucial issue, I gotta chime in.

FOTR: Movie waaaaay better than book.
    Much of FOTR is totally unneccesary and it is almost embarassing how much the movie improved the book. Even the major, controversial changes do not bother me. With the exception of the rather weird handling of the Mirror of Galadriel, I can't imagine a better FOTR movie. A+

T2T: Movie worse than book.
    T2T is my favorite of the books and it got a little badly handled. In the movie, Aragorn and the Rohan men get the lion's share of the time, and we lose out on Frodo/Sam/Gollum (the most important part of the story!), and the Merry/Pippin/Treebeard story is reduced almost to nothing, to the point where it looks silly and random.
    I do not at all appreciate or enjoy the changes made to Faramir's character or what he does.
    Also, I cannot believe that one of my favorite chapters in all of LOTR ("The Voice of Saruman") was deleted. Maybe it'll be in the ROTK movie, but otherwise I will be angry.

Rick McCallum loves you!

6. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I agree with Adam`s opinion of TTT novel

7. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Senny, of course the Voice of Saruman will be in ROTK. It wasn't "deleted", the movie just hasn't progressed so far yet.

And I agree with everything you said about TTT, especially the comment about Merry, Pippin and Treebeard's part being reduced so much that it appears a silly addition to keep us amused instead of a vital part of the story. At least, that's what I would have thought if I didn't read the books two times before hand.

"*hides from mirror-like tables*

Evil things..
    "

Oh great, now he's not only and ex-mod, but a vampire. Maybe it's Christopher Lee. [face_shocked]

8. TenorAprentice

Jul 19, 2002
    Sithy: [face_laugh]

Ken: Thanks! I am now...

TTT stuff: I mostly agree, but I liked cutting back the treebeard stuff. I thought it could have used a little more, but that was the one part of the book for me that dragged. I did NOT like the difference in the character of Faramir, and thought that his temptation in this way made him weaker. I also thought that Aragorn was much less kingly then he was in the book, but I guess they are saving that for the next one...

however, I still loved the movie, and will probably see it a few more times in the theater.

oh and Roy: I just got caught up with the drama...I am sorry to see that things had to go so far, but I feel that you made a noble decision

//buys a grog for Roy//

Edit: and it figures that They wouldn't even give Christopher Lee a VIP status, only force him to squabble with the other mods before he could achieve it...

9. General Kenobi

Dec 31, 1998
    Sithy, clean off your glasses! It was Adam that made the comment about the Voice of Saruman, not TLJ! :p

10. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    \\rubs glasses\\

Oops. :D

I'm too lazy to edit my last post, so you'll just have to accept my most sincere condolences.

11. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
  12. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Wait wait.
    Do we have CONFIRMATION that "The Voice of Saruman" will be in the ROTK movie?

ROTK should not be too hard to condense into movie form, since the last five chapters or so are fairly useless and will probably be left on the cutting room floor. (In fact, I think it is more or less agreed-upon that there will be no Scouring of Teh Shire And Its Tavern.) So there could be room for both Shelob and "The Voice of Saruman" in a three-hour flick.
    Pleeeeeease God, let them fix this.

Also, I am willing to bet that at least one chunk of reinstated material on the big T2T DVD will be more backstory on the Ents, so hopefully the longer cut will be better for that.

(I think that the extended cut of FOTR was better than the theatrical, but not a HUGE improvement. Hopefully the T2T extended cut, which I'm sure there'll be one of, will improve it.)

Rick McCallum loves you!

13. TenorAprentice

Jul 19, 2002
    I would think that the voice sequence would probably be used as an entry point (like the balrog scene) to get you back into the story. Either that, or I imagine that it would be a flashback (due to his love of them) before the incident with the seeing stone... wait... not saying any more for respect of elders who love classics but have yet to read tolkien...

14. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    "Wait wait.
    Do we have CONFIRMATION that "The Voice of Saruman" will be in the ROTK movie?

ROTK should not be too hard to condense into movie form, since the last five chapters or so are fairly useless and will probably be left on the cutting room floor. (In fact, I think it is more or less agreed-upon that there will be no Scouring of Teh Shire And Its Tavern.) So there could be room for both Shelob and "The Voice of Saruman" in a three-hour flick.
    "

Confirmation of the Voice of Saruman? No. But it's an almost-impossible scene to cut. Will it be shorter? No doubt, but it'll be there.

Confirmation of Shelob? Yes, I read an online interview with PJ and the writer of LOTR (not Fran Walsh, the other one) and they said they left out Shelob in TTT simply for pacing reasons and this way they still "have an awesome spider fight for the last film".

It'll be there, trust me. :)

15. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Thanks for the grog :D
    Yeah.. I won't get into why I retired much, but let's just say that I have no regrets.

Hell, this board is probably the most behaved on the entire JC. During my 2 and a half month stint in here, I had to lock 1 thread because of bad actions, and only had to edit 3 other posts for innapropriate content.

It's been good fun here with y'all. And for that reason, I'm not going anywhere :p

16. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Hey, you just said "hell", you should edit your post.

Of course, I just said it too, so I guess I should too.
    Of course, you wouldn't know what I was talking about if I edited out "hell" from my post.
    There I go, I said it again.

17. TenorAprentice

Jul 19, 2002
    ha!

now, Roy, you can see why we got so ticked when people decided that they wanted to toy around with our forum...esp. when it was one of the few that works.

I would like to partially attribute this to teh tavern. it helps us disagree with each other passionatly in the content threads, and then share a grog to ease the tension.

18. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    You see a lot more when you're on the outside again.

That's all I can say.

Oh hell...

Sithy.. ;)

19. TenorAprentice

Jul 19, 2002
    Sithy, I think that is the closest you will ever get to a mod admitting that you were right!

20. Jedi_Katsushiro

Jedi_Katsushiro Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 14, 2002
    Ahhh its good to be back. The good old tavern I missed it so.

(starts moving food back into tavern kitchen)

(walks over to the bar and takes a seat)

Sithy your finest frosty grog please. May the tavern never fall :D

What is everyone going to do for new years this year. I am not sure myself. most likely just hang out with friends and watch the ball drop. :D

21. TenorAprentice

Jul 19, 2002
    me, I'm chilling with the 'rents and the fiancee, laying low....

ah, relaxation....

22. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Yeah every year we throw a kick a$$ family party thing with my aunt and uncle and counsins, so that's where I'll be!

23. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    I do not like how they remove Songs,and Poems for Action Scenes

24. General Kenobi

Dec 31, 1998
    This afternoon, after my run, I went down to city hall and paid my property taxes. Then I went and caught TTT on the Ultrascreen. I'd say it's about 33 - 50 % bigger than a regular screen, plus THX sound. I sat halfway up in the theater, and that was almost too close.

On my way out, the van in front of me had a license plate that read "MTFBWY". :)

25. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    Like IMAX?
    That`s neat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.