main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT The music was the best part of these movies

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Star Wars fan94, May 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Star Wars fan94

Star Wars fan94 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 13, 2013
    As much as I dislike the Prequels, the music in them is amazing. Williams created once again just brilliant music, even if the movies weren't no where near as good as the music. I'm really pumped for what he's gonna do with Episode VII!

2. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I think the visuals were the best part, actually.

But that's not to say that I didn't appreciate the score. It hasn't attained quite the popular impact as some of the OT themes did, but literally nothing else Williams has done did either, so that's hardly a criticism.

3. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    SW is described sometimes as a "Space Opera" so the visuals and music are very important in how the story is told and the PT was superabundantly provided with both. The "tone poems", as part of the run up to TPM, exemplify this.

Darth Chiznuk , Samnz and FRAGWAGON like this.
  4. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    The music rules, it is easily one of my favourite things about ROTS, and Star Wars generally. Triumphant at times, foreboding at others, and truely delivering the vibe of a real space opera. The movies wouldn't be nearly as good without it.

5. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008
    I disagree. I don't think the music was the best part of the PT. It was great. But for me, the story and the characterizations were the best parts.

Darth Chiznuk and Alexrd like this.
  6. Darth Dominikkus

Darth Dominikkus Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2013
    I don't think that the music was the greatest part of the PT, but it was definitely a vital role in make the PT so great. The visuals, I feel, were more of the keys to success for the prequels, and with Williams' epic music, it just created a masterpiece.

Samnz likes this.
  7. SweetZombieJesus

SweetZombieJesus Jedi Padawan star 2

Apr 12, 2013
    I don't think they will be as timeless as the themes in the OT (the Anakin/Padme love theme is so obvious and sappy) but yes, the things that stand out about the PT are Williams' music and Ian McDiarmid's acting.

I wasn't so crazy about the foreign language chanting in the background (which he started with the new-age end celebration in the OT:SE, and is now quite popular and widely used) but now I'm quite a fan.

8. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    The movies are the best part of the movies

9. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005
    The music was alright, I guess.

I'd much rather have had some Hans Zimmer wall-to-wall elevator muzak in there.

StarWarsVerses likes this.
  10. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    This.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.