The Mysteries of Jango Fett

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Joseph_Orion, Jul 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. Joseph_Orion Force Ghost

star 4
    After watching it for the 7th Time i noticed some things about Jango...

1. During the kamino fight with Obi-Wan, Jango's antenna on his helmet is missing when he's sliding down the side of the platform w/ Kenobi.

2. As he's climbing up, he has a dent in his helmet, which was not there in the previous shot.

3. When Mace decapitates Jango, he's wearing the same jetpack that he was on Kamino...but in the scene before that, he was wearing the 2nd backpack...he's pretty fast at changing those in a split second I'd say. It wouldn't be noticeable except when his head is cut off, so is the middle of the long missle..which isn't on his new backpack.

pretty strange. So maybe the bump on his helmet wasn't from the slave I door....

2. Sith_Slayer Force Ghost

star 6
    Hadn't noticed the Jango inconsistencies, except the dent on his helmet, which I thought was from Slave I also. I did finally see the mysterious "shadow" that flies by as Jango is decapitated. I guess it could be his head, but I guess I don't see why the helmet would fly off his head then and not during the battle. Is it supposed to be attached to his neckpiece or something? I should probably know this stuff, but I've never really been much of a Fett-ophile.
  3. arrowheadpodracer Force Ghost

star 5
    yeah, i looked at some old boba stuff after the movielast night & the dent in his helmet seems very deep & defined. i really think it looks like a blaster hit him in the head. I heard about the slave 1 door, & it seemed to make sense- but im not sure now. i know your right about the antenna since we talked about it then. how weird-I boiled off a preview jango head the other night & the antenna fell out. I looked everywhere, but I cant find it!!! I blame Lu. (my mutant chihuaua, for those who havent met her) I guess Im gonna use it for a custom now. not sure.
  4. Sith_Slayer Force Ghost

star 6
    Picked up the first two issues of the Open Seasons comics at CW's on Saturday. I'm looking forward to reading them based on all the thumbs up you guys have given them.
  5. arrowheadpodracer Force Ghost

star 5
    cool- Im interested to hear what you think
  6. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Ok I know what the dent in his helmet is supposed to be. Remember when Obi head butted him? That's where the dent came from. I read it on sw.com somewhere... That musta really given Obi a headache later.
  7. Sith_Slayer Force Ghost

star 6
    Actually, Jango butted Obi-Wan. I wonder if his premiums cover that?
  8. arrowheadpodracer Force Ghost

star 5
    so, who do you guys think won the fight? i know its a draw- but...if you had to pick a winner.
    who & why?
  9. Sith_Slayer Force Ghost

star 6
    Well, Jango got away, so that makes Obi-Wan the big loser.

Plus, he's a Jedi, so just like his midichlorians...its in his blood!
  10. arrowheadpodracer Force Ghost

star 5
    "got away"--that sounds he ran way, but hes not running, he thinks he got him already. I think Jango wins too. if Obi doesnt get that rope hooked- hes goin swimmin. & once Obi comes up behind him in the asteroids Jango pulls the quick move & kicks his tail again. btw- in the slave 1 Jango wears a "headpiece that i thought would attach to the helmet - but on the balcony, he just throws it on. Maybe thats why his head comes tumblin out?--
  11. darth_hair Force Ghost

star 5
    that dent had to be from something big or powerful . why would he wear junk armor ?
  12. arrowheadpodracer Force Ghost

star 5
    So- SS - did you read Open Seasons yet?
  13. Joseph_Orion Force Ghost

star 4
    I hope the new one comes out this wed. Don't know though, think it's next week.
  14. Sith_Slayer Force Ghost

star 6
    No, they're still sitting on my table at home. Unopened and unappreciated. Got too busy this weekend. Maybe I'll finish those off tonight.
  15. arrowheadpodracer Force Ghost

star 5
    i hope you like them.

back to "the dent"

i was looking at the visual dictionary last night & jango is pictured both without a dent & with one. Im beginning to wonder if its "THE" dent that we've seen on boba all these years. the dent on jango seems like its more on top, Bobas was more in front. (right?) Jangos dent also looks pretty big. I remember Bobas looking small. I always thought it looked like it was from a blaster & Jangos helmet just doesnt seem the same. I realize they might not have re-created the dent perfectly- but if thats the case, why do a dent at all? I heard the door hitting his head was an homage (sp?) to the strormtrooper who knocked his head & they were also using that to explain the dent. I agree with DH - i dont think he dents his helmet on a human head. jeez, i hope not. that would be pretty weak armor. of course, Im not sure if Boba gets Jangos armor or not. It seems that way, but that brings up another question- why re-paint the armor? isnt he kinda "honoring" his father by wearing it? & then again- why repaint the ship?

any ideas?
  16. Sith_Slayer Force Ghost

star 6
    I'm not up on all of the Fett lore, but I think it is just garden-variety Mandalorian armor. They each just wear a different style of the same type of armor. Kinda like variations in Samurai gear. They each shopped at Mandalorian Gap at different seasons. Boba is definitely more of an Autumn, while Jango is a Spring line.
  17. Joseph_Orion Force Ghost

star 4
    Look at Jaster Mereel's helmet at the end of the 2nd Open Seasons comic...same Boba Color...and dent in the front. (mysterious music starts playing)
  18. Qui-Gone-Drinkin Jedi Master

star 4
  19. Sith_Slayer Force Ghost

star 6
    Finished the first two issues last night. Not too bad. They establish some nice history for the Mandalorians in general, as well as the Fetts. Didn't catch Jaster's dent, but I'll have to check that out again. I'm anticipating the third book, when does it come out?
  20. Joseph_Orion Force Ghost

star 4
    I don't care if it's a comic book. It's purpose is to tie up loose ends created by the novels and to give a backstory on why Jango was picked for the clones. Besides the Essential Guide to Characters says something about Boba and Jaster's armor.

SS- I think it comes out tomorrow though I could be wrong. I think it comes out either tomorrow or next wed.
  21. Sith_Slayer Force Ghost

star 6
    Sweeeeet!!! I look forward to it. I would have to agree with JO's assessment of the role of the comics. They definitely serve to fill in the blanks left by George and his cronies. After all, if George isn't going to write the stuff, somebody should.
  22. arrowheadpodracer Force Ghost

star 5
    Well said- someone has to write the stories that GL cant. this is a big universe he created & there are alot of stories people want to hear. Many think that if george didnt write it- it didnt happen.(keeping in mind that none of this stuff ACTAULLY happened....) I disagree. he had a backstory for the OT all along. If he never made the movies- he could have given the story idea to someone else- they could have changed it a little & then released it. I think thats kinda what happens with the comics, just not always that order. maybe someone brings an idea to the table & he says "no, you cant kill him" & maybe he says "yeah sure- kill that guy". I dont know how exactly it all comes together, but I know that it has to go through him, or at least his "people". Thats good enough for me. They have been trying hard to keep a consistent timeline since...well, awhile now. Just look at Rogue Planet & the NJO. they are seperated by...like.....*counting on fingers*....many many years- but they connect. if you havent read them - you may not know what i mean, but I dont think they could write a story that comes 3 yrs after TPM & connect it to a story where movie chracters experience some MAJOR changes, without the approval of lfl.
    if its published- its approved, its accepted.

by me anyway :)
  23. Joseph_Orion Force Ghost

star 4
    and me too...that's why this whole thing from "The Mandalorian Armor" book w/ the Jaster Mereel thing makes more sense now. It's not Boba..it's really Jaster Mereel, except..maybe it IS boba being mistaking by people as Jaster because he has the armor now. I mean Jaster's armor looks identical to Boba's in the OT. Since boba's origin was all screwed because of AOTC, someone had to step in and make it right..make it so that it wasn't so screwed up lol that's the purpose of this comic and it's a damn good series. The only series i think that can match up to this is "Welcome Back, Frank"
  24. arrowheadpodracer Force Ghost

star 5
    I dig the punisher but its just gotten too intense. wasnt welcome back frank when he was sent back from heaven ? kinda like spawn?

& oh yeah----Fetts rule :D
  25. Red3StandingBy Jedi Knight

star 1

---proof that Kenobi won that fight---

Deleted scene after Jango knocks Kenobi off the Kamino bridge:

*A nervous Jango rushes inside the cockpit, throwing his helmet to the floor and quickly hoisting Boba into his booster chair.*

Boba: "What's wrong, papa?"
    Jango: "Quiet Bobie!!"
    Boba: "Jedi dead now?"
    Jango: "No, but we're about to be if we don't blast off this instant and run like ninnies. He nearly skewered me."
    Boba: "Papa afraid then?"
    Jango: "Yes my boy. Papa muy, muy afraid."

*They zoom away as Obi-Wan watches from below, smiling.*

;)
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.