main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Mystery

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Pevra, Dec 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Light side and dark side was never taoist. Nobody in the OT talks about falling to the Light Side.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  2. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    And it isn't encouraged to embrace yin as well as yang. Or the other way around?

darklordoftech likes this.
  3. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    So, you've seen the script to know Anakin's role isn't over and he'll return as a Force ghost?

Seems to me the rumor was JJ wanted less force ghosts and more Luke, and Lucas agreed.

4. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Correct. Yin, although represented by black, is more like the light side, and Yang, although represented by white, is more like the dark side.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    It's either going to be the Nine part Skywalker Saga or the Fall, Redemption and Legacy of Anakin Skywalker. Sure it was the Story of Luke Skywalker, then the Tragedy of Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader so it could go either way.

6. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Or it's simply both. What's the difference? But I recall the narrative thrust in the last installment featured as lot of talk of immortality and the Netherworld. Of course I've not seen a script, has anyone here? But based on the story thread to date the chances of seeing Anakin as a Force Ghost in the ST are high, in my estimation.

7. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I think it would be strange if Anakin, Yoda, and Obi-Wan don't appear as Force ghosts. ROTJ ends with all their Force ghosts.

8. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Anakin will likely come back into the mix as the only one who can truly bring an end to the dark side. In the end of ROTJ, he brought about the end to ONE sith lord, but not the Sith overall. And the prophecy of the Sith could very well be that someone from the Skywalker clan will bring absolute end to the sith. By trying to stop this, the sith may actually bring it on.

Anakin, while redeeming himself before his death, may still need to answer to his crimes. Whoever the new hero is may be the catalyst that needs to seek Anakin's help. However, this hero learns of Anakin's past and is reluctant to do so when it becomes apparent that his help is needed. Throughout most of the new trilogy, it is believed that Luke is the one to bring it all down. The hero, ending up as a Skywalker heir that he/she didn't realize due to a concealed identity, must come to grips with the past and someone be the bridge between the netherworld and the material world.

Immortiss and Mystery Roach like this.
  9. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    See, this is why I didn't like how Lucas made Force Ghosting a new discovery by the Jedi. It should have been something that was temporary, and only when guidance was needed. But now they have to explain why they aren't involved if they "don't" reveal themselves again.

10. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I also would love Qui-Gon and Luke to have a conversation. Qui-Gon seems like somebody who Luke would admire.

11. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    One of Lucas' worst decisions (he wasn't to know at the time I suppose) was to get rid of Qui-Gon Jinn in TPM. Liam Neeson made him the most chrastmatic/likeable character of the prequels.

12. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    Ya they should of killed the cone head or something instead

SHARKY_CHOMPCHOMP and Immortiss like this.
  13. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    But, of course, they did.

SHARKY_CHOMPCHOMP likes this.
  14. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    Lol meant in tpm

Immortiss likes this.
  15. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Mystery is such an interesting question since the ST is the likely finale of the Saga. We should be getting some answers at this point, if all things go as many here hope.

But in terms of mystery feels, as Pevra might say, what will create the biggest sense of mystery for me is to explore an enigmatic region like Korriban. I want to see pyramids and labyrinths and temples and obelisks and other baroque architecture.

I also want to see something new and surprising about the Force. Whether that be the Netherworld or Sith Ghosts or One-ish beings.

16. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I'd agree with that... I've always wanted to see the Sith equivalent of Luke's training on Dagobah - I'm not sure if that would be too dark for Disney, but there's certainly a lot of untapped drama there.

Dra--- likes this.
  17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Now, I want to see the sheer viciousness of a fullsized sith Lord riding in a backpack on some poor apprentice's back.

"For the Sith, it is time to starve as well"!

Dra---, Darth PJ and Mystery Roach like this.
  18. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    Well, if they ever decide to script the Darth Plagueis novel you may get your wish. Kursid would be a fantasitc, if not brutal planet to visit our Sith Lords honing their skills on the living.

Dra---, Circular Logic and Darth PJ like this.
  19. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    In addition to what Immortiss brought up from the Plagueis novel, TCW offered us a glimpse of what Sith training is like, and the contrast between Dooku's training of Savage Opress and Yoda's training of Luke in TESB is evident in this clip:

Whereas Luke must focus on attaining that inner peace that allows a Jedi to open oneself fully to the Force, Dooku emphasizes the need to focus through hatred and other negative emotions. By striking Savage continuously with Sith lightning, he successfully gets Savage to lift all of the blocks.

Darth Chiznuk , Dra--- and Immortiss like this.
  20. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    This simply deserves quotation.

EDIT:

Circular Logic: Jedi training (Luke and Yoda) creates a sense of serenity and transcendence in the viewer. Sith training creates the effect of intensity and power. Both are dramatically interesting. What stands out to me though is that Jedi powers are most resonant with the viewer when these emotions are being brought forth. That's what makes Star Wars stand out from the average superhero flick: the way the emotions correlate with the powers, and the meaning they hold.

21. frozenheart

frozenheart Jedi Youngling

Jan 1, 2015
    perhaps the big mystery of the new movie will be what visions Luke has foreseen. what disaster will unfold if Luke comes out of hiding?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.