main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Mythology Draft - [winner: EF]

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by Tyi-Maet_Nefer, Jun 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
  2. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Thank god we cleared that up.

3. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    No, thank deity we did!

Political correctness!

Gwydion aligned with Thoth (prepared) vs Kappa aligned with Neptune (prepared)

Agreed. Hammu said it nicely. Gwydion's prep is far more beneficial, although I do always love to hear Bob's thoughts.

Gwydion & Thoth (prepared)

Arthur aligned with Amaterasu vs Griffin aligned with Morrigan (prepared)

Agreed again. A griffin doesn't compare to King Arthur.

Arthur & Amaterasu

Fenrisulfr aligned with Cybele vs Brynhildr aligned with Osiris

I have nothing more to add to what Nem's already said.

Fenrisulfr & Cybele

Nuada aligned with Loki (prepared) vs Caeneus aligned with Iris (prepared)

This is a tight battle, and I'm not entirely sure on it to be perfectly honest. Nuada and Caeneus are both middle of the range heroes, although Nuada is probably the more experienced and better warrior. He carries with him a famous sword and is sometimes viewed as a war god in some writings if I remember right. Caeneus has a terrible advantage in a conventional fight, however, with his impervious nature to weapons. That said, Nuada's prepped, so the "unknowing" advantage is gone.

Iris is an interesting god to have behind Caeneus. Nothing much has been mentioned about her, but she could easily invoke a little more speed into Caeneus. The two of them are also prepared, and this will ease the transference of speed but as fair as strategy goes, I don't see much more that will be achieved.

Loki is the key in this battle, for either the win or the loss (when is he ever not?). Firstly, I also have no info on shape-changing humans. The trickery and strategy Loki has behind him could make a difference. How to win, though?

There's a couple scenarios running through my mind at the moment. For one, if Nuada defeated Caeneus in combat and disarmed him, it would leave him and Loki a massive opportunity to "kill" Caeneus in whatever method they devise. On the other hand, with Caeneus' heightened sense of speed and quicker response time, I'm not sure if Nuada would be the victor. Which, in turn, means Nuada probably doesn't want this to get into a sword battle, yes.

If Loki shape changed Nuada, it would still be hard to say how a beast would defeat the human hero. Turning into a giant version of himself could be argued that shape changing can only occur within the realm of mythological realism (okay, that's an oxymoron, but it sounded so cool ... what I mean is that shape changing always occurs between real creatures ... in the shape changing itself, I don't recall them creating a new thing). That said, there are giants in Norse mythology, but has Loki ever enlarged a human before?

As it stands, I'm going to give the victory to Caeneus. I don't mean to short-change the deity impact in here. There's an impact on both sides, however. But while Loki is awesome, in this particular case, I don't think Nuada will come out on top. I'm not sure that for this battle Nuada is the right conduit for Loki to defeat a speed-increased Caeneus.

Caeneus & Iris (prepared)

Instead of going ahead to the team battle right this very second, I'm going to give deference to Nem in case she would like to argue that last call as both myself and Hammu left it open should more info about shape-changing be given.

Nem and JK would be the only team battle to take place if it stays as is. If Nem would prefer to go straight to team battle, we shall.

4. JediKnight20043

JediKnight20043 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 18, 2004
    Umm... Tyi, its already 2-3 to me. If our match is going to teams then Nem needs to win this one, not me.

5. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Hmm, you're right, I read my files wrong. Or I recorded it wrong. Or something. Regardless, I'll get back to this tomorrow to see how things are.

6. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    I gave Hammu what I could on the shape-changing. It's cool. I always knew JK's was going to be the very devil of a match, and hey, there were at least two very close shaves there. Still think Loki's sheer breadth of experience is being underrated, but I accept that "he'd think of something" is not really a very good argument :p I'm assuming I'm knocked out, then?

I'm okay just judging from hereon in. I love being a GM, but next time round I might volunteer for a judge spot from the off - gives me a chance to think about a much wider range of characters and see how people's teams develop.

And, of course, teh judge powar is kind of addictive.

7. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    It has been a good match Nem. I have quite enjoy this one. All the best. [:D]

8. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    <h2>end of PLAYOFFS</h2>

[hl=black][i][b][color=MediumAquamarine]The Transcendent Legion (Aragorn327)[/color] [color=red](4) vs[/color] [color=Yellow]The Mythical Masters (SWBob)[/color] [color=red](2)[/color]

[color=YellowGreen]The Red Hand Of Ulster (EmpireForever)[/color] [color=red](4) vs[/color] [color=HotPink]The Spanish Inquisition (NYCitygurl)[/color] [color=red](2)[/color]

[color=SkyBlue]Bloody Murder (Hammurabi)[/color] [color=red](4) vs[/color] [color=Tan]The Neighborhood Watch (The_Chim)[/color] [color=red](2)[/color]

[color=LightCoral]The Angels of the North (JediNemesis)[/color] [color=red](2) vs[/color] [color=Orange]The Knights who say Ni! (JediKnight20043)[/color] [color=red](4)[/color][/b][/i][/hl]

[hr]

We wish a sad farewell to our brave playoff men and women with SWBob, NYCitygurl, The_Chim and JediNemesis leaving us at this point in time. It was amazing that none of those above battles went to teams.

This now puts us at the ... semi final stage!

<h1>Semi Final</h1>

[hr]

[hl=black][b][color=MediumAquamarine]The Transcendent Legion (Aragorn327)[/color] [color=red]vs[/color] [color=YellowGreen]The Red Hand Of Ulster (EmpireForever)[/color]

[color=SkyBlue]Bloody Murder (Hammurabi)[/color] [color=red]vs[/color] [color=Orange]The Knights who say Ni! (JediKnight20043)[/color][/b][/hl]

[hr]

Please send in your numbers and we'll get underway.

:D

9. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Who's picking my colors? Tyi calls dibs on "not it." And he can't give color suggestions.

10. Hammurabi

Hammurabi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2007
    This is the match I've been waiting for since battles began. Good luck.

11. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Nat: At a guess, EmpireForever, since he was the one who knocked you out of the game.

Hamm: Hell yes. Can't wait.

12. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/paflo/Untitled-1.jpg]

13. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004

And so we meet again. This time I feel the match is reversed. Good luck good sir.

14. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    I honestly don't know how these results will pan out. It will depend a lot on the numbers I s'ppose. The Hammu/JK match is something I half expected to see in the final, as they were in seperate conferences to begin with. This'll be good.

And Nat, sure, EF can choose your colours if you'd like, as I'm feeling rather evil. Nobody else received a gameban in this game, you see.

15. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Well, if no one got gamebans, hands off my colors.

16. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
  17. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Or start banning people. Or better yet, let me ban people as a reward for putting up with hideous colors that can't come from you (or Loyal or Nem or Sabine or Idri, for that matter).

18. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    I guess its time to wait again.

19. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    But whatever should we wait for?

<h1>Semi Final</h1>

[hl=black][b][color=MediumAquamarine]The Transcendent Legion (Aragorn327)[/color] [color=red](0) vs[/color] [color=YellowGreen]The Red Hand Of Ulster (EmpireForever)[/color] [color=red](0)[/color]

[color=SkyBlue]Bloody Murder (Hammurabi)[/color] [color=red](0) vs[/color] [color=Orange]The Knights who say Ni! (JediKnight20043)[/color] [color=red](0)[/color][/b][/hl]

[hr]

The first to be called down from the heavens is [b][color=white]FIVE[/color][/b]

[hl=black][color=MediumAquamarine][b]Ceridwen[/b] [i]aligned with[/i] [b]Circe (prepared)[/b][/color] [b][color=white]vs[/color][/b] [color=YellowGreen][b]Wayland Smith[/b] [i]aligned with[/i] [b]Eros (prepared)[/b][/color]

[color=SkyBlue][b]Fenrisulfr[/b] [i]aligned with[/i] [b]Cybele[/b][/color] [b][color=white]vs[/color][/b] [color=Orange][b]Caeneus[/b] [i]aligned with[/i] [b]Iris (prepared)[/b][/color][/hl]

[hr]

20. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    *waits for hamms argument so he can counter*

21. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Thing is, if neither of you argue, it'll probably go to Hammu.

As far as the other match goes, the argument could very well win my vote. Pointedly, what will Wayland do/create to counter Ceridwen's magic?

Who knows, I was actually looking at judging tomorrow on my couple hours of break.

22. Hammurabi

Hammurabi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2007
    Fenrisulfr ate Odin. His jaw spans the earth's atmosphere.

23. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    He'll do his own magic. Not a lot of time for the moment, but on top of that he is an excellent archer, and he happens to have some very magical arrows of his own, with Eros there. Question is, what will Ceridwen do to defend against those?

His jaw spans the earth's atmosphere.

Yes, and a Kitsune has become a second moon in the sky. Could mine then become as large as the moon? It's a myth, so you can't exactly go by scientific methods when accounting for something's size. He's obviously quite massive, but other accounts put him at a more reasonable size than as large as the earth's atmosphere.

24. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Which is quicker, though: magic or arrows? You tell me.

25. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Like I said, I think, more later. He does have his own magic, you know. Plus, like, he's awesome at making protective wear that is magical. So.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.