main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Mythology Draft - [winner: EF]

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by Tyi-Maet_Nefer, Jun 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hammurabi

Hammurabi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2007
    Any other perspectives/judgments on my match?

2. SWBob

SWBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 19, 2003
    I would vote for houyi

3. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    I would vote for Kintaro and Achilles.

4. Hammurabi

Jan 14, 2007
    I'll vote for Kintaro, unless somebody knows something specific Jason could to to counter it.

And we need to get this draft back in order, at least enough so that we can get to the finish. I didn't come this far and draft a team this fine just so we could run out of steam this close to the finish line.

5. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    True.

This is pretty funny. Aragorn's conceded, yet EF voted for him and so has Hammu. I guess Hammu missed the part where EF voted against himself. lol.

On Houyi or Achilles. I'd love to dump this on Nem. :p

I don't know if I can count EF's "judgements" anyway, but I would probably lean towards Achilles as well. If there's somebody else that could also "judge"?

6. SWBob

Jun 19, 2003
    I would be willing to. Hell, if we do another, I would be willing to judge that as well.

7. Hammurabi

Jan 14, 2007
    If you and EF are leaning towards Achilles, I'd be willing to concede, just to get this moving. And if Aragorn wants to concede, that's his business - I mostly just stepped in to bring this thread back to everyone's attention. And I just don't really see what Jason would do against Kintaro. Of all the Greek heroes, he's probably the most reliant on others; on his own, he's just all right. That's the point I was making, even though I acknowledge that Aragorn has already conceded. If it's an issue, I can research it a little more.

And if we did this again, I would definitely be willing to judge.

8. SWBob

Jun 19, 2003
    I would have to agree on the kintaro. The array of abilities, i feel, give him the advantage.

And I think that houyi would win the other one.

9. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Jason is no Perseus or Achilles, and though I think prep would help, Kintaro's bigger and better. That and I have no strong feelings either way, and splitting the vote is the last thing I want to do now. So Kintaro.

On Houyi and Achilles, I dunno. But the deciding factor, I think, is that Houyi is an archer, primarily, and will therefore be able to pepper Achilles with arrows from a safe distance until one of them gets his heel. Sure Achilles is supposed to be superhumanly accurate with the javelin, but he'd only carry one. Houyi has lots of arrows and knows how to use them. Hammu can probably fill in the details for me, but I think this is one to add to the list of swordsmen going down to archers. Might be a factor to consider next draft, if there ever is one. Houyi

10. JediKnight20043

JediKnight20043 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 18, 2004
    I have only one flaw to your logic there Nem. And that is the fact that Achilles is not going to just stand there and let Houyi pepper him in arrows, he will be on houyi in a flash.

And even if houyi is 200 yards away and manages to get many arrows away, the fact is achilles is going to be facing towards houyi, therefore his chins will be blocking his heel from taking fire to the heel.

Also lets not forget that Achilles is damn deadly with that javelin. He doesnt need several because he will peg houyi with the first shot.

11. Hammurabi

Jan 14, 2007
    But Houyi also has the wind on his side, as well as the ability to fly.

12. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    Regardless of those facts. Achilles isnt going to just stand around and let Houyi shoot him in the heel.

Can I also add about the fact that Houyi does not know about achilles heel. If he is such an awesome archer, why the hell would he be aiming for achilles heel, he wouldnt. He would be aiming for achilles head, neck and chest.

13. Hammurabi

Jan 14, 2007
    Whatever, at this point, I'd just like to finish this never-ending round.

And I'm changing my judgment to Jason. Because with prep, I think he can win.

14. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Alrighty then. I'm away in America for three weeks very, very soon, but Nat said she wanted to try and move this along fast so she has the next matches with her. Which means it'll be possible for you guys to finish this semi final by the time I get back if you really want to. Which is amusing. Go for it, I say.

In regards to the current (lol) two matches, Jason wins the first one. I'll simply vote for him considering Aragorn conceded and with Hammu that makes two. On the Achilles match, it looks like Houyi has won it. It is extremely close, either could win in my books, but with Nem leaning to Houyi I think it best if I do as well. It's almost 50/50 upfront, with a lot depending on Houyi's arrows. But the thing here is that Achilles' god doesn't do him any good considering who he is, whereas Houyi's gives him a whole lot of precision firing. So the better team will get the win, and we can now move on.

Semi Final

[hl=black][b][color=MediumAquamarine]The Transcendent Legion (Aragorn327)[/color] [color=red](1) vs[/color] [color=YellowGreen]The Red Hand Of Ulster (EmpireForever)[/color] [color=red](1)[/color]

[color=SkyBlue]Bloody Murder (Hammurabi)[/color] [color=red](2) vs[/color] [color=Orange]The Knights who say Ni! (JediKnight20043)[/color] [color=red](0)[/color][/b][/hl]

[hr]

[b][color=white]# Three[/color][/b]

[hl=black][color=MediumAquamarine][b]Jörmungandr[/b] [i]aligned with[/i] [b]Oceanus[/b][/color] [b][color=white]vs[/color][/b] [color=YellowGreen][b]Sojobe[/b] [i]aligned with[/i] [b]Amaterasu[/b][/color]

[color=SkyBlue][b]Medea[/b] [i]aligned with[/i] [b]Minerva (prepared)[/b][/color] [b][color=white]vs[/color][/b] [color=Orange][b]Heracles[/b] [i]aligned with[/i] [b]Artemis[/b][/color][/hl]

[hr]

15. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Guys? You still interested?

16. Hammurabi

Jan 14, 2007
    Jormumgandr wins his match.

17. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    If I had more of his legends, I would make some kind of argument, because I really feel like he's super underrated, but with no proof there can be none made(I say drop him next list. Just not enough info and way too much potential).

I will also vote for Heracles. Some nifty tricks aren't gonna cut it.

18. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    If no one has anything to add within the next five or six hours, we're moving to the next round.

19. Hammurabi

Jan 14, 2007
    Sojobo's biggest problem this round is he's up against Jormungandr.

And Medea has a chance - Heracles is one of JK's guys whose biggest weakness is psychological/mental (actually, at least half of his guys are that way). He's been tricked and outsmarted before, but I'll admit having Artemis on his side helps a lot. But I wouldn't discard Medea - actually, aside from Fenrir and Houyi, she probably has the best shot of anyone on my team when it comes to taking out the Herc.

20. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Okay, Jor and Heracles win.

[hl=black][b][color=MediumAquamarine]The Transcendent Legion (Aragorn327)[/color] [color=red](2) vs[/color] [color=YellowGreen]The Red Hand Of Ulster (EmpireForever)[/color] [color=red](1)[/color]

[color=SkyBlue]Bloody Murder (Hammurabi)[/color] [color=red](2) vs[/color] [color=Orange]The Knights who say Ni! (JediKnight20043)[/color] [color=red](1)[/color][/b][/hl]

[hr]

[hl=black][color=MediumAquamarine][b]Gwydion[/b] [i]aligned with[/i] [b]Thoth (prepared)[/b][/color] [b][color=white]vs[/color][/b] [color=YellowGreen][b]Conall Cernach[/b] [i]aligned with[/i] [b]Lugh[/b][/color]

[color=SkyBlue][b]Lernaean Hydra[/b] [i]aligned with[/i] [b]Fortuna[/b][/color] [b][color=white]vs[/color][/b] [color=Orange][b]Iolaus[/b] [i]aligned with[/i] [b]Lu Dongbin[/b][/color][/hl]

21. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    I still cant beleive Houyi beat Achilles. I mean come on, why the hell would one of the worlds greatest archers aim for achilles heel without knowing about it.

22. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    I'm back, I think. Have I won yet?

23. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    No, but if you give a good argument, you might ;)

24. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    . . . Anyone? Bueller?

25. SWBob

Jun 19, 2003
    Gwydion get the first match for me because of the prep, but if there is an agument against I'd like to hear it.

And The Hydra gets it on the other match. Where ioulus has the knowledge to defeat it i dont think he has the fighting skills neccisarry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.