main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Naberrie Household- The Official Vignette-Challenge Thread :LEIA CHALLENGE UP NOW

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by RyooNaberrie, Jul 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyooNaberrie

RyooNaberrie Jedi Master star 1

Feb 1, 2006
    *Welcome to The Naberrie Household, hosted by myself, RyooNaberrie !*

I hope you all enjoy the challenges that will be posted here and participate in them!

Each week, I will post a new vignette challenge for all users to view and post their responses to. I will give a charactor's name that the vignette has to be based around, and three choices for a title. Your vignette can be short or long, but it has to be short enough to not take up an entire page of the thread :)

VIGNETTE CHALLENGE RULES:

1) You MUST use one of the vignette titles that you are given.

2) Your vignette MUST be based around the charactor that is named (fics can include other charactors as well, but they must be centered around the main person)

3) Any genre (humor, drama, etc.) is allowed, as well as any time period. (saga, before the saga, etc.)

4) No cursing or bad (foul) language is allowed in vignettes, or in simple responses in this thread or the moderators will be notified.

5) You are permitted to post your stories here, or give a link to them. PLEASE REMEMBER TO HAVE A DISCLAIMER!

6) Vignettes can be posted in the 3-week period that the challenge is given. NO EXCEPTIONS.

7) If you have questions that you just have to have answered, feel free to PM me, but please do it only if you need to.

7) You MUST have fun with your vignettes!!!!

CHALLENGE FOR THE WEEKS OF 7/2 - 7/23

MAIN CHARACTOR: Obi-Wan (or Ben) Kenobi

TITLES: "Let Him Fly", "She's In Love With The Boy" or "Where Are You Now?"

If you have questions or if you simply want to let me know that you're working on a vig, or if you just want to show your support for the Naberrie Houshold, please reply!

Have fun and post your vignettes!!!!!

Your Naberrie Household host,

~RyooNaberrie

2. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    I love vigs - great idea for a thread RyooNaberrie...

I already have something in mind! [face_mischief]

3. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    This is interseting and sounds fun. I might do it for next weeks since I have just posted 2 Obi fics.

4. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    What a brilliant idea.

I just love torturing...uh...*ahem* writing about Obi-Wan...:D

The only question is which title to choose...[face_thinking] [face_thinking]

5. RyooNaberrie

Feb 1, 2006
    Great! I'm so glad people are starting to like my idea! Anytime between now and 7/23 is okay to post your Obi-Wan/Vignette fics, but after that you will have to require special permission to post a late fic. Remember, have fun with your viggies!

6. RyooNaberrie

Feb 1, 2006
    If you're working on a vignette, remember that you only have a certain amount of time to post it before the deadline!

7. RyooNaberrie

Feb 1, 2006
    I'm just 'upping' to attract more fans to the new thread!

8. Kestrel_Kenobi

Sep 26, 2005
    I'm working on a vig RyooNaberrie... :-B

Should be done this weekend! :D

9. RyooNaberrie

Feb 1, 2006
    Keep writing your vignettes, and I hope to read some of them soon!

~RyooNaberrie, Naberrie Household Host

10. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    Fun stuff, I'll have to get on it right away!

11. Kestrel_Kenobi

Sep 26, 2005
    Ok, I wrote a vig...but after reading the rules I'm not sure it counts [face_worried] ...Obi-Wan isn't actually in it, but the whole thing is about him...anyway it can be found here...

Where are you now?

12. RyooNaberrie

Feb 1, 2006
    I thought the vig was wonderful! It was about Obi-Wan, it was all that really mattered! Everyone, check it out at the link given!

~Ryoo

13. RyooNaberrie

Feb 1, 2006
    I need a response on this to know exactly what to do: but I've been thinking that two weeks is too short of a challenge time... for instance, how about I lengthen it to one month? Just an idea... I need feedback to make it happen!

Your Naberrie Household Host,
    RyooNaberrie

14. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Three weeks would be ideal.

15. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I agree 3 - 4 weeks would be perfect especially during these busy summer months! :D

16. RyooNaberrie

Feb 1, 2006
    Ok, ok... people have spoken and I whole-heartingly agree that 3 weeks would be ideal. As I have started this thread before this rule was introduced, we will be going back to the "Obi-Wan" challenge as we had before. It will be extended for one more week before time is up (The Padmé challenge will be reposted in another week)

~RyooNaberrie

17. Mathom

Mathom Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 24, 2006
    When are you putting up the Padme challenge? I already had something in mind when you posted it earlier, and the plot's coming along nicely.

18. RyooNaberrie

Feb 1, 2006
    Actually the Padmé vignette will be posted very soon- as in about 10 minutes soon!

~Ryoo

19. RyooNaberrie

Feb 1, 2006
    Hello everyone! I know there was much confusion about my taking down of the Padmé challenge last week, but everything is now in
    order and moving along nicely according to my schedule!

Remember: The Obi-Wan challenge is now lifted and The Naberrie Household will not be accepting anymore of them.

Challenge for the weeks of 7/25 to 8/13

LEAD CHARACTER: Padmé Naberrie Amidala Skywalker
    TITLES: Remember Me This Way, I Haved Loved You, and Haunted

VIGNETTE CHALLENGE RULES:

1) You MUST use one of the vignette titles that you are given.

2) Your vignette MUST be based around the charactor that is named (fics can include other charactors as well, but they must be centered around the main person)

3) Any genre (humor, drama, etc.) is allowed, as well as any time period. (saga, before the saga, etc.)

4) No cursing or bad (foul) language is allowed in vignettes, or in simple responses in this thread or the moderators will be notified.

5) You are permitted to post your stories here, or give a link to them. PLEASE REMEMBER TO HAVE A DISCLAIMER!

6) Vignettes can be posted in the week that the challenge is given or one week after the challenge is lifted. NO EXCEPTIONS.

7) If you have questions that you just have to have answered, feel free to PM me, but please do it only if you need to.

7) You MUST have fun with your vignettes!!!!

Keep writing your vignettes, and I hope to read some of them soon!

~RyooNaberrie, your Naberrie Household Host

20. RyooNaberrie

Feb 1, 2006
    Hmmm... no one is writing vignettes right now I see...

~Ry

21. RyooNaberrie

Feb 1, 2006
    I don't want to sound rude to anyone, but this vignette challenge thread has not had at all the kind of response I was hoping for.

Since its arrival, and two full challenges (almost a third, if we remain on schedule after this), only one vignette has been posted. One out of the hundreds of wonderful fanfiction authors that are presently writing for theforce.net.

Please give feedback on this issue (whether or not it is to you, this thread is of much importance to me), in my hopes to resolve it and hopefully attract more authors to this thread.

If you are against this thread, for whatever reason, please do not refrain from speaking your mind about it. Please comment and tell me your point of view on this matter.

Your Naberrie Household host,

RyooNaberrie

22. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Oh no, it?s nothing wrong with the challenge, my mind on the other hand, I mean, every time I started to write something it became more Vader or Anakin then Padmé [face_frustrated].

23. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Ya'll sucked me right in! [face_blush] I'm a bit late to the game, but I hope you'll enjoy my response:

Remember Me This Way:
    http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/24708054/p1/?0

Thanks for reading! And great thread, by the way! @};-

24. Kestrel_Kenobi

Sep 26, 2005
    Well, I've done one of the challenges which I really enjoyed doing but I'm not really a 'Padme' writer if that makes sense!lol...I look forward to the next challenge though! :)

25. BaronCoop

BaronCoop Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 28, 2006
    I see that I am late. Darn it all. I read the first couple of post, had a great idea, banged out a story, and now find out that it isn't being accepted anymore. Well, harumph. I'm gonna post it anyway here, and if it's an issue, then I'll edit my message and remove with cheerful condolences and salutations and other French words. Muchos Gracis!

Where Are You Now

By the way, it's an attempt at humor, so be forewarned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.