main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Name of Yoda's Species

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by MechanoMan, Jan 18, 2017.

?

Could Yoda's species be called, Jedi?

1. Yes

21.1%
  2. No

78.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MechanoMan

MechanoMan Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2017
    I have a therory, that if correct, will answer one of the greatest mysteries of Star Wars, what is the name of Yoda's species?

In the times of the Old Republic, there was a race, of tall, red skinned beings, with a strong connection to the dark side, known as sith.

What is the opposite of tall? Short. What is the opposite of red? Green. What is the opposite of Sith? Jedi.

I believe Master Yoda, is from a race of short, green skinned beings, with a strong connection to the light side, known as Jedi.

If you were to look up, Sith species, on google, you would see a picture of the red skinned sith.
    If you look up, Jedi species on google, what's there? A picture of Master Yoda.

For the most part, Yoda is presented as the top Jedi, the greatest in the order. That is because he is literally, a Jedi.

Please tell me what you think of this therory, I'm really excited about this.

Darth Rozic and darklordoftech like this.
  2. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    That's an interesting fan theory but unfortunately there is no Canon or Legends evidence to support it.

Given how mysterious Yoda's species is and how famous its eponymous name is perhaps there is a connection between this species and the Jedi order.

Just as the first Sith order proper came from the dark Jedi exiles not the Sith species.

3. MechanoMan

Jan 17, 2017
    Yes, but the ancient sith order got their name from the sith species.

4. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    The name Sith yes, the Order came from the dark Jedi though.

5. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    I disagree myself, though it is an interesting idea. One, for them to do a direct parallel like that between Orders and how they got named...I dunno, I wouldn't like it myself.

Also, as Invictus stated, the Sith came from Dark Jedi who lorded over the Sith species, thereby then taking their name for their Order. Also the opposite of red to me is not green. Its blue, but that's one person's opinion.

Nice thinking however!

6. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    As Krayt said to Cade in Legacy the Sith were born and were reborn from the Jedi. The Jedi and Sith are not elementary opposites, the Sith are an inversion of Jedi doctrine and the Jedi are mistaken in Sith Doctrine.

Yoda's species is one of the last mysteries of Star Wars while I'm not a fan of things being left unexplained to maintain some mystique for mystique's sake I do support Yoda's people being a mystery.

7. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I've thought about this too. If there's a Sith species, why not a Jedi species, and who better for a Jedi species than Yoda?

8. Straudenbecker

Straudenbecker Jedi Master star 3

Nov 22, 2015
    Good question. I will just continue with George Lucas joke about Yoda being the child of Kermit and Piggy. GL took a lot of pains not to have Yoda's species revealed, and I think it is best for it to remain one of Star Wars unanswered questions. That is how I feel about.

9. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    I think GL never thought up a name and likes to keep it that way.

Darth Dnej likes this.
  10. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    An interesting theory, but I don't think it could be true. I prefer for Yoda's species to remain nameless. The same goes for his homeworld.

11. MechanoMan

Jan 17, 2017
    I would like to point out, if you were to search the opposite of Red on google, it will tell you that the opposite is Green, believe me, I made sure I had my facts before posting lol

12. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Very interesting, I hadn't realized that. Thank you. :)

Nevertheless, I did say it was my opinion not a universal one and my other comments still stand. ;)

13. SouthernYankeeJedi

SouthernYankeeJedi Jedi Youngling

Jan 30, 2017
    Very interesting theory. Would be an interesting backstory, for sure. I always wondered why Yoda/Yaddle's species name was never revealed or a topic of discussion within canon or legends.

I could definitely see this species being a force-sensitive dominate one. It is also possible that Yoda and Yaddle were the last of their people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.