main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN The names we call ourselves...

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by RyskMailan, Jun 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyskMailan

RyskMailan Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2002
    Cole mentioned at the June 1st Meeting that we need to come up with a name for our group. I'd be interested to hear your ideas here, as well as post one of my own...

Here it is:
    Sith Lords: Faces of E-ville

Adam

2. Darth Maul 1277

Darth Maul 1277 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 16, 2000
    Here is my suggestion

Evansville Jedi Knights

3. Buckaroo_Banzai

Buckaroo_Banzai Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2002
    How about one of these....

1. JOE Squadron (instead of Rogue Squadron)
    i.e. Jedi-knights Of Evansville.

OR

2. OVA Fan Force
    i.e. Ohio Valley Alliance

Either way, the sub message can say, "Serving the Bright Center of the Universe."

Anyway, that's a few ideas.

4. Darth Maul 1277

Darth Maul 1277 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 16, 2000
    i like the serving the bright center of the universe

5. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    If you care for my opinion :D I like Ohio Valley Alliance, if you're going for something that sounds good. But that "Faces of E-ville" got a nice chuckle out of me :D

Good luck all.

6. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    By the way, "The Bright Center of the Universe" is the Northeast Region's slogan, and Evansville is part of the Midwest Region. Just thought I'd let you know.

7. Buckaroo_Banzai

Jun 2, 2002
    How's everyone feel about having a poll with all the options for our fan club name, which would start in two weeks. All the submissions for club names should be posted on this posting over the next two weeks, and then I'll post a survey so we can all vote. Just a thought.... Then I'll translate to Imperial lettering for when we make up some T-shirts....

8. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    That would be great.

9. Darth_TKD

Darth_TKD Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2002
    My idea is kind of a variation on RyskMailan's idea. I think the name should be shorter, so how about the E-ville Jedi?

I also think we should consider an uncreative, yet explicit, name, something like the Evansville Star Wars Society (or Alliance, or Club, or any of a number of similar organizational words). If we get too creative, we may risk people not being able to figure out exactly what we are.

Just a few thoughts...

10. Buckaroo_Banzai

Jun 2, 2002
    All these are great ideas. I'll fold them into the poll. From a personal stand point, I think usage of E'ville is funny, but it might not be the message we want to send, especially if we ever decide to do some volunteer work or promotion at a group. Anyway, that's my thought.

11. Buckaroo_Banzai

Jun 2, 2002
    Couple of more ideas:

Southern Guard: Jedi Knights of Southwestern Indiana

OR

Southern Guard: Knights of the Ohio Valley

I envisioned a shirt with the Southern Guard on the front, written in Star Wars style with a weapon or some other SW graphic, and Knights of the Ohio Valley on the back. Maybe we add, "Protecting the bright center of the universe."

12. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Yes you are right. All of these are great ideas. I wanted to suggest one. I came up with one that makes an acronym and kind of incorporates Darth_TKDs idea of more obvious, but it may be too long. Here goes:

Star Wars Alliance of Southern Indiana (SWASI)

13. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    I know my opinion doesn't (and shouldn't) matter, but I like "Forces of E'ville" or maybe "E'ville Empire".

Still somewhate saddened that Cleveland didn't go with "Fan Force Cleveland: The Erie side of the Force"

Oh well, if nothing else have fun with it. :)

14. Nathan PTH

Nathan PTH Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    E'ville Empire sounds like we're playing Reagan's USSR games.

15. yoda_pimp

yoda_pimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2002
    Imperial Outpost E'ville is good. We have to use evil in some way, shape, or form. Using the E'ville would at least be original.

16. RyskMailan

RyskMailan Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2002
    Ooohh! I'm liking some of these new names... I really like the "E-ville Empire" one ... Or we could also use the "E-ville Galactic Empire" ...

As far as our name being tarnished by the use of such a name, native people will get the pun, and they won't think of us as being truly evil. There are always other words that we could tack on too to make us sound less imposing ... for instance, if we used "The Galactic E-ville Empire" Star Wars Fan Club. That already makes us less threatening and identifies us for what we really are. A Star Wars Fan club. Anybody that knows anything about Star Wars will pick up on the joke right away ...

Just my .02 Cents.

Adam

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.