main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Madness Has Begun!: NCAA Basketball Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Dal--Intrepid, Nov 17, 2006.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    This is exactly the nightmare I was afraid of against FSU. What happens when you play like you deserve to be #3, and give no effort in finishing games.

2. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    They just haven't shown up at all in the second half. Zeller had a pretty decent first half, but not anything great past then. Gotta give credit to Florida State and Dulkys.

Just one of many road teams struggling today, although they're probably having the hardest time of it.

3. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Buckeyes pretty much dismantled Indiana today. They dominated the first half, and then cruised through the second half. Nice.

4. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Right after I start talking about how FSU is completely incapable of putting the ball in the basket, they go out and hang 90 on UNC. Go figure :p I'm still in shock over that score - I didn't even watch the game because I figured it was going to be a blowout... in the other direction.

Duke-Wake Forest tomorrow night :)

5. New_York_Jedi

New_York_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Mar 16, 2002
    Uconn's Napier is going to cause me to have a stroke with his stupid ******* shot selection.

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Good rebound for my guys tonight against Virginia Tech. Yes, a bottom-feeder team, but we needed Harrison Barnes to snap out of it, and he's got 26 with about 3 minutes to go.

From what Roy said to the media this week, he took responsibility for the entitled culture that has plagued this team this season, and hopefully things have changed. If not, they'll end up right where we were last year for the Final Four. Well, not busy losing to Dayton in the NIT, but home on their couches.

7. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Strickland's going to be out for the rest of the year with a torn ACL. He's a quality defender and ball handler. Hopefully the Heels can quickly adjust to his absence.

8. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Horrible news about Strickland, he will be hard to replace. We have a lot of talent that has been underperforming, hopefully they step up.

However..
    Yes, yes, yes. Go Noles.

9. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Syracuse with their first loss of the year, falling at Notre Dame. Baylor with their second loss today, too.

Glad to see Ohio State up early over what should be an overmatched Nebraska.

10. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Ugly day in basketball today :(

11. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Murray State 20-0!

12. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Wisconsin with another top 25 win. Keep it up and we make the tourney again.

13. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Bobby Cremins at College of Charleston out for the rest of the year with apparent medical problems.

Hope he's okay, seems like a pretty alright guy, he's loved here in Charleston.

14. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Really hope he gets through this and is ok. Great coach, great guy.

Also, one of my students this semester is a basketball player considering College of Charleston.

15. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Somebody didn't tell Pitt that they're really bad this year. :p

Up by 12 over Georgetown with under 8 to go. Maybe the Pete will survive another top 10 team.

Edit - And they hang on to win. Still undefeated at the Pete against Top 10 teams. They've been a strange team this year...very inconsistent.

16. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Decided to walk up with a friend for the Duke-St. John's game today... got there at 8:20 (noon game) and were the first two in the grad student line (though more arrived within a few minutes). Got free Bojangles biscuits in the process... and was there when Dickie V arrived, got to shake his hand and an autographed card.

Game got a bit dicey late as St Johns made a run after being down 22, but Duke held on to win 83-76 :) Good game for Mason Plumlee - career high 17 rebounds

17. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    I'll pretend that I saw you on tv today, then. I watched a little bit of that game during lunch. It was the only competitive basketball game on at the time, which was really too bad.

18. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    Clemson beat Wake 71-60 today. If we had just been able to pull out wins at BC and Miami(which we should have) we would be 5-1 in the ACc right now

19. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    The camera probably did pan over us, but we weren't in the best spot to be seen :p Also the camera was rolling when Dickie V came by pre-game.

20. New_York_Jedi

New_York_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Mar 16, 2002
    UConn's uniforms today are as ugly as their halfcourt offense.

21. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Wisky-Bucks about to tip. It's blossomed into a nice multi-sport rivalry. Let's beat and bloody them!

22. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Nice, hard-fought win for the Buckeyes - Thad Matta's first road win over Wisconsin. Should keep the Bucks on track for a #1, as there hardest remaining games will all be at home.

23. DMC

DMC Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2000
    Marshall hasn't had a particularly good half...too many TOs.

It's not a news flash, but Henson is really bad from the line.

24. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    lol @ Duke. :p

I'm really excited for the game on Wednesday. Both teams should be focused on that game, unlike the last game for both teams. No overlooking Maryland or Miami there.

25. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    Clemson lost close on the road again. This time to VT 67-65. We made a ferocious comeback but it was started to late and we did not have time to climb back in it. But this game marks the emergence of KJ McDaniels, who is an excellent leaper and the announcer compared him to some of the ACC's best athletes. He made 3 or 4 great dunks and 2 amazing blocks. I have wondered all year why Brownell hasn't been playing him much, I saw from the scrimmage at Rock the John(midnight madness event at Clemson) that he has the most talented of the Freshman class. Also good to see Freshman Bernard Sullivan get some good minutes, he's another talent.

Milton Jennings being out has hurt us. I know some fans think our team is better now because of the mistakes Jennings made but the truth is he brought 8-10 points a game offensively and could hit mid range shots.